Classic Balance Druid Ranged DPS Gear and Best in Slot
On this page, you will find the best PvE gear and best in slot items for your Balance Druid Ranged DPS in WoW Classic.
Gearing Strategy for Balance Druids
While a clear best in slot (BiS) list is always available in WoW Classic, the items contained might be extremely hard or expensive to get. Thus, we will try to give at least one alternative, for most slots in the list, so that you can pick where and how to farm them.
WoW Classic Phases
We will be linking best in slot gear lists for every raid tier in this guide, which can be helpful in order to understand how to progress from hitting Level 60, to getting pre-raid best in slot and from then to clearing all raid tiers.
Balance Druid Raid Best in Slot (BiS) List for Blackwing Lair and Zul'Gurub
Druid's Tier 2, Stormrage Raiment is the same as the tier 1 set, in that it is a set meant for healers and not for damage dealers. Instead, your BiS setup will consist of items from the previous phases along with some new off pieces and weapons found in Blackwing Lair.
While the main focus is on Blackwing Lair gear, the list below also contains some gear from older raids, epic PvP sets (above rank 11) and world bosses, when warranted, in order to create a good list for players who regularly clear the raids up to Tier 2.
|Idols||Idol of the Moon||BoE world drop, bought from the Auction House|
Best in Slot for Balance Druids Pre-Blackwing Lair
Balance Druid Pre-Raid Best in Slot (BiS) List
In order to get ready for raiding, it is recommended that you follow this guide in order to learn which gear to gather for maximizing DPS before ever setting foot in raids, and probably also before getting your first epic loot. Even so, expect to get a few pieces that you will have a hard time replacing, such as Second Wind and Briarwood Reed.
Balance Druid Raid Best in Slot (BiS) List for Molten Core / Onyxia's Lair
Molten Core and Onyxia's Lair are the first raids in WoW Classic, and will probably award you with your first pieces of epic gear! While the tier set is not great, there are many pieces of gear and weapons that you will be using for multiple phases out of Molten Core.
Balance Druid PvP Best in Slot Gear
You can find our recommended gear for PvPing as a Balance Druid in the link below.
Fire Resistance Gear for Balance Druids
While not a massive concern for Druids, a little bit of Fire Resistance can sometimes be helpful. Read this guide to figure out where and which pieces to wear!
Balance Druid Weapons
Since weapons are such a broad topic, we have written a full guide about druid weapons.
Special gear for Balance Druids
Some items, which are not powerful enough to be in the best in slot list, have special properties that make them very valuable to acquire for specific encounters or as a weapon swap mid-fight. We will list the most notable special items for the current phase, and their effects and application below.
- Gnomish Battle Chicken summons a chicken that attacks your enemies for 1.5 minutes, with a cooldown of 30 minutes. The chicken scales with your Engineering skill (Level 60 at 300 skill), and buffs your group with 5% increased Attack Speed through Battle Squawk. This is what makes it well worth using while grouped.
- Arcanite Dragonling summons a dragon that attacks your enemies for up to 1 minute, with a cooldown of one hour. The dragon scales with your Engineering skill (Level 60 at 300 skill) and causes a stacking debuff that increases Fire damage taken, which makes it worth using in later raids to boost Fire Mage damage.
- Skull of Impending Doom is given as a quest reward from completing Forbidden Knowledge in the Badlands. While generally undesirable, if you need to run somewhere fast, it can be a useful item to have.
- Furbolg Medicine Pouch is sold by Gorn One Eye when you reach Honored status with Timbermaw Hold. This is a great item that you can swap during combat to provide you with a significant 1000 heal over 10 seconds. For comparison's sake, Heavy Runecloth Bandage heals you for 2000 over 8 seconds, but requires you to channel it, and you cannot take any sort of damage in the channel duration.
- Tidal Charm allows you to instantly stun an enemy for 3 seconds. It has a 50% drop chance from Prince Nazjak, who spawns around 25,84 in Arathi Highlands. Due to his very high respawn timer it might be hard to get this trinket, but the stun it provides is a life saver and duel winner.
- Linken's Boomerang allows you to potentially disarm or stun an enemy when used, which makes it useful in certain scenarios, especially in PvP. Its rewarded from the Un'Goro Crater quest It's Dangerous to Go Alone.
- Luffa removes a bleed effect, such as Garrote, from yourself when used. You get this item from the Searing Gorge quest Incendosaurs? Whateverosaur is More Like It.
- The Alliance-only Crystal of Zin-Malor allows you to kill yourself easily, and you do not get durability loss if you die from its effect. This can occasionally be useful, such as when you regret getting on a fly path after you are already flying or if you need to talk with the Blackrock Depths key ghost NPC. You get it from starting the quest Tormented By the Past.
- 26 Jul. 2020: Updated with Idols.
- 14 Apr. 2020: Updated with Zul'Gurub gear.
- 13 Mar. 2020: Updated with Arathi Basin gear.
- 23 Feb. 2020: Updated for P3.
- 10 Dec. 2019: Added note on PvP BiS.
- 09 Nov. 2019: Updated with Raid BiS.
- 22 Oct. 2019: Updated Pre-Raid BiS to include Dire Maul.
- 22 Jul. 2019: Page added.
- WoW Classic Phase 5 Hotfixes: August 3rd
- Chinese Servers Open the Gates, Raids Bug and Unlock Early, Skeram Dead
- The Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on 5 Realms Around 21:00 PDT Tuesday!
- Ahn'Qiraj Gates Open Soon, So Here's the Best AQ Trailer Ever
- Hamstring Nightfall Proc Issues Clarified, Not a Bug!
- Old Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction Trailer Upscaled to 4K
- Suspensions Coming for Green Scepter Shard Griefing
- Blizzard at Gamescom 2020
- [Q]Opener Trinket Swap
- Looking for real help
- Smite Priest DPS Guide
- A casual, social and troll free community for players of all levels!
- [Scholomance SOLO] Warlock, World First ?
- What happened to the UI community?
- Shaman Tank Guide - Serious Look at Shaman Tanking in World of Warcraft