Classic Holy Paladin Healer Guide
Welcome to our Holy Paladin Healer guide for WoW Classic, tailored for PvE content. Here, you will learn how all you need to know to play the Paladin class as Holy Healer. We will go over your spells and your talents, explaining what to take and how to use them. We also delve into aspects such as stats, enchants, and gear.
1. Holy Paladin Healer Overview
As the champions of the light, Paladins bring powerful blessings, potent heals, and an array of auras that make them excellent at supporting a raid group. Paladins are also clad in plate armor, making them quite durable and hard to kill in PvP. Perhaps most importantly though, Paladins have a wide array of powerful cooldowns, some of which are considered to be among the most powerful in the game.
Holy Paladins are exceptionally good in both PvP and PvE. Most raid groups will look for at least 4 Paladins to ensure that the raid can make use of the powerful buffs that they bring, including Blessing of Might, Blessing of Wisdom, and Blessing of Salvation. These buffs are so powerful that many people consider Alliance to be the superior faction simply due to how strong Paladins are. While Holy Paladins do not bring AoE healing like priests, their single target healing with Flash of Light and Holy Light is quite good, and they make up for the slightly lower healing output by being the most Mana efficient healer in the game.
In PvP, Holy Paladins are incredibly strong due to their amazing survivability. With plate armor, strong healing, and an array of powerful cooldowns, Paladins are ideal healers for supporting melee in the middle of a fight. They can stay in the battle, healing and supporting a Warrior while not needing to worry about dying nearly as much as a Priest or Shaman would. As a Holy Paladin, you should have no trouble finding a group for both raiding and PvP.
3. Holy Paladin Strengths
- Strong single-target healing;
- High Mana efficiency;
- Powerful cooldowns;
- Strong utility;
- Durable in PvP;
- Relatively easy to gear.
4. Holy Paladin Weaknesses
- No multi-target healing;
- Limited damage options as Holy;
- Low mobility;
5. Best Races for Holy Paladins
Humans are the worse of the two races for Holy, almost entirely because of the power of Dwarf's Stoneform. As a Human, you do get some nice bonuses such as 5% Spirit, but Holy Paladins already are the most Mana efficient healers, and do not use Spirit as a means of Mana regeneration while in combat. Diplomacy is a nice quality of life racial since reputation grinding will make up a portion of your time, but you can live without it. Perception is strong against Rogues, but you have to activate it to use it, which means you need to predict when a Rogue or stealthed target is near, making it hard to use.
- Diplomacy increases your reputation gains by 10%.
- The Human Spirit increases your Spirit by 5%.
- Mace Specialization increases your weapon skill with maces by 5.
- Sword Specialization increases your weapon skill with swords by 5.
- Perception is a 3-minute cooldown that increases your stealth detection for 20 seconds, making it easier to spot stealthed units near you.
Dwarf is the best race for PvP and PvE entirely due to the power of Stoneform. In raids, Stone Form gives you an 8-second immunity to any bleed, poison, or disease, which can be incredibly important in some raids. In AQ40, poisons are incredibly common, making Stoneform invaluable on many bosses. While it will not be meaningful in every raid and dungeon, when it is usable, it is incredibly powerful. In PvP, Stoneform is a game-changing ability against Rogues and Warriors, and can counter their bleeds and poisons that could potentially kill you. Specifically against Rogues, Blind is considered a poison effect, giving you a free counter against one of their best control spells.
- Find Treasure allows you to sense nearby treasure, showing it on your minimap.
- Frost Resistance increases your frost resistance by 10.
- Gun Specialization increases your weapon skill with guns by 5. This is useless for Paladins since you cannot use guns.
- Stoneform is a 3-minute cooldown that makes you immune to bleed, poison, and disease effects for 8 seconds, while also increasing your armor by 10% while active.
5.3. Best Races for Holy Paladin
6. Best Professions for Holy Paladins
The best profession to have as a Holy is Engineering. It provides powerful items that you can use in both PvE and PvP content to either deal damage or help you get out of a tough spot. There are several unique items accessible only through Engineering that are considered to be some of the strongest utility items in the game.
While Engineering is a great profession, probably the more important thing to think about is how you plan to make gold. Gold is incredibly important in WoW Classic for a number of reasons and will be quite hard to come by, especially at the start. Check out the Paladin Goldmaking section for more information on other potential professions for making gold.
- Instance Reset Bans and Exploit Clarification
- WoW Classic City Tour: Stormwind
- Repeated Instance Encounter Reset Hotfix and Possible Bans
- WoW Classic Tank and Healer Rankings/Tier List
- A Classic Journey: Incredible Art in Animated Series Style
- Spanish WoW Classic Servers Coming Soon
- Paid Character Transfers Considered for WoW Classic
- WoW Classic Realms Population Report: September 12th