WoW Classic Restoration Druid Leveling Talent Build from 1 to 60
On this page, you will find our Level by Level Restoration leveling guide for WoW Classic. Make sure to use the slider to make the guide adapt to your level. For more general leveling information, please refer to our Druid leveling guide. We also have an Feral Druid leveling guide and a Balance Druid leveling guide.
If you were looking for TBC Classic advice, please refer to our TBC Classic Restoration Druid leveling guide.
While Restoration Druid leveling is viable, it will be significantly slower than Feral or Balance. The upside is that you are in a much better position to heal dungeons since you will have better gear for it, which could be a great way to level past Level 30 or so when dungeons start to get extremely efficient compared to questing.
Level by Level Rotation, Talents, and Trainer Skills
Leveling Talent Tree & Build
This is the full Restoration build that you will follow if you wish to level as Resto. Most of the talents are healing based, which will not help you much while questing. You will start in Restoration, making sure to pick up Insect Swarm for the damage and Reflection for the Mana efficiency. Nature's Swiftness is also a critical pickup since it is an incredibly powerful cooldown for both utility and healing. Healing dungeons while leveling is quite easy, so any build should be suitable for healing purposes. The major choice you will want to make is if you want to be more damage focused while still having the important healing talents. For a more damage focused build, you will still want to start in Restoration to pick up Nature's Swiftness, but after that you can go to Balance and start picking up more damage talents there. This will lead to you also getting Nature's Grace and Moonglow, which are also great healing talents as well. For even more damage you can also choose to pick up 5 points in Improved Wrath after getting Insect Swarm at level 20.
- Cast one Wrath;
- Insect Swarm;
- Melee if you run out of Mana.
Early levels as Restoration can be quite slow, so consider finding someone to level with for 1-10 or even 1-20.
Entangling Roots will be your best friend while leveling. You can use it to control a second enemy while killing the first, or even to keep something still while you get a cast off onto it, like Starfire, to limit your damage taken. Use it frequently while leveling.
Do your class quest to get Bear Form. Bear Form will be a huge power spike, significantly speeding up your leveling. Beat form will be more damage until Level 20 or so, and you will be much safer while leveling.
The quest for Aquatic Form is available at this level, but you should hold off. It is a very long quest that will be significantly easier once you have Travel Form or a mount.
As a Restoration Druid, do not forget that your main goal is to heal; it is your job to keep your party members alive. There are three main healing spells that you will use as you level: Regrowth, Rejuvenation, and Healing Touch. For Mana efficient healing when the damage is not that high, you should mainly be using Rejuvenation and rank 1 Healing Touch. When damage is high, you can start using Regrowth more. Keeping Rejuvenation and Regrowth up on people will be lots of healing, but will burn through your Mana quickly. Resto Druids have some of the highest HPS in the game early on through keeping Regrowth and Rejuvenation on a target while using Healing Touch, so keeping tanks alive through periods of high damage should not be an issue as long as you have the Mana. The best healers are the ones who plan for when they will need their Mana, and will prepare accordingly by conserving their Mana during periods of low damage by limiting over-healing. You will want to get a feel for how much each spell and rank heals for so you know which to use depending on the situation.
- The first Druid-only quest becomes available at Level 10.
- At Level 10, you can do the Bear Form quest.
- At Level 14, you can do the Cure Poison quest.
- At Level 16, you can do the Aquatic Form quest.
List of Trainer Skills to Buy
Below is a list of skills to upgrade as you level. With more gold you can buy more skills, but this list is meant to be an optimal point where you buy what helps you most while saving as much money as possible for your mount at level 40.
- Entangling Roots
- Cat Form
- Challenging Roar
- Travel Form
- Track Humanoids
- Dire Bear Form
- Feline Grace
- Mark of the Wild
- Healing Touch
Restoration Druid Leveling Stats
Choosing what gear to wear is usually pretty straightforward since upgrades will be obvious most of the time. However, when given the choice, you should always go for Nature Damage. Your basic priority will be:
- Nature Damage;
Nature damage will be your primary damage increase. After that you will want Intellect for more Mana and spell crit, Spirit for better regeneration rates, and finally Stamina for more health. In addition to these, you could choose to keep some Healing Power pieces around for dungeons, but it should not be necessary since healing dungeons pre-60 usually does not take much healing. Mana efficiency is more important than stronger heals.
Unlike more other classes, Druids do not benefit heavily from weapon upgrades. For Druids, weapons are all about the stats they give, meaning they are no more significant that other gear upgrades. For a more in depth explanation about weapons, look at the guide linked below.
How to advance as a Druid at Level 60
Well done on hitting maximum level in WoW Classic! Now that leveling is over, you can learn more about level 60 gameplay by reading our Restoration Druid Guide, which covers every facet of gameplay at 60 in detail.
The best individual pages to read through are as follows.
- The Restoration Druid Talent builds guide has the best builds for Level 60 covered.
- Our PvP Druid guide is where you can find PvP builds for all 3 specializations, as well as various tricks and tips for PvP combat.
- Goldmaking Guide for Druids is a page with details on where / how to farm gold quickly as a Druid when you are Level 60.
- The Restoration Druid Rotation guide is where you can read on how to optimize your PvE damage and how to prioritize your abilities.
- The Restoration Druid Stats guide contains detailed information on all Druid stats, including a list of their priority for damage dealing.
- Our Gear guide for Restoration Druids lists all the optimal pieces of gear that you will want to farm at Level 60, in order to optimize your performance.
- 03 Oct. 2019: Guide added.
Classic Dungeon Guides
Classic Profession Guides
Classic Race Guides
Classic Class Overviews
- Chinese Realm "Region Unavailable" Messages Appeared for EU Players
- Changes to Death Knight Character Creation Restrictions Coming
- Free Character Transfers in Wrath Classic: March 3rd
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: March 1st
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 24th
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 21st
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 16th
- Season of Mastery Realms Closing This Week, Transfers Open