Classic Restoration Druid Healer Stat Priority
On this page, you will find out the optimal PvE stat priority for your Restoration Druid Healer in WoW Classic. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations.
Stat Priority for Restoration Druids
- Healing Power;
- *Spell Crit (potentially more valuable depending on build);
Stats Explained for Restoration Druid
Healing Power increases the strength of your healing spells by a flat amount. This is your primary stat that you should stack and will actually help your Mana efficiency more than you might realize. Down-ranking healing spells is an important part of healing, and healing power increases the power of any heal, regardless of rank, by the same flat amount. This means that the percent change between a lower rank and a max rank of the same healing spell decreases as you gain more healing power. The potency of a heal is calculated by the base healing + the healing power, so the more healing power, the more it offsets a lower base heal for lower ranks of spells. This is why Restoration Druids often use Ranks 3 and 4 of Healing Touch for the lower cast time and better Mana efficiency instead of a max rank.
Mp5 stands for Mana per 5 seconds, which is a common secondary stat found on healing gear. This is simply the best and most efficient stat for getting more Mana during a fight and should be taken when possible.
Each point of Intellect gives 15 max Mana and a small increase to your spell crit chance. Having a larger Mana pool means more spell casts during an encounter, and the crit chance is also quite nice for Restoration. Intellect is your most important primary stat and should be taken on almost every piece of gear.
Spirit increases your out of combat health and Mana regeneration. However, you will gain 15% of this bonus while in combat due to your Reflection talent. Mana regeneration is incredibly important since on most fights, but Mp5 is a much better stat for Mana regeneration. Spirit is simply less efficient, making it a lower priority.
Spells can be critical hits, which means they do 150% of their normal effect. This is normally not a valuable stat for healers, as it only increases your healing throughput, but at a much less efficient and reliable rate than Healing Power. However, if you are playing either build with Nature's Grace, Spell Crit is much more valuable. With a Nature's Grace build, Spell Crit becomes one of your best stats, rising to about equal to Intellect.
Each point of Stamina gives 10 max health points. Having a health pool high enough to not die to raid mechanics is important, but you should naturally acquire this from gear without needing to worry about it.
- 24 Jul. 2019: Page added.
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Update: April 19th
- WoW Classic Patch 1.13.7 Patch Notes
- Naxxramas World Record Speed Run and 24 Second Sapphiron Kill
- David Kim Leaves Blizzard (WoW Principal Designer and Former Diablo 4 Lead Systems Designer)
- WoW Token Added to Burning Crusade Classic Beta for China Only
- New Burning Crusade Beta Build: Premade Characters, Gear Vendors Removed & Item Changes
- World's Fastest Onyxia Speed Kill in WoW Classic
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Update: April 9th
- New onyxia kill time
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Chaos Recruiting for TBC Classic [H] [Herod]
- No one wants retris
- Shaman Tank Guide - Shaman Tanking in WoW
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- TBC Transition+
- Looking for guild with EARLY RAID TIMES