WoW Classic Balance Druid Leveling Talent Build from 1 to 60
On this page, you will find our Level by Level Balance leveling guide for WoW Classic. Make sure to use the slider to make the guide adapt to your level. For more general leveling information, please refer to our Druid leveling guide. We also have an Feral Druid leveling guide and a Restoration Druid leveling guide.
If you were looking for TBC Classic advice, please refer to our TBC Classic Balance Druid leveling guide.
While Balance Druid leveling is viable, it will be significantly slower than Feral. The upside is that you are in a much better position to heal dungeons since you will have better gear for it, which could be a great way to level past level 30 or so when dungeons start to get extremely efficient compared to questing.
Level by Level Rotation, Talents, and Trainer Skills
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Leveling Talent Tree & Build
Your first talent unlocks at Level 10.
- Level 10 — 1 point in Nature's Grasp
- Levels 11 to 15 — 5 points in Improved Wrath
- Levels 16 to 19 — 4 points in Improved Moonfire
Nature's Grasp is a great single point pickup that will undoubtedly save your life many times on your journey to 60. After that, Improved Wrath and Improved Moonfire are solid damage increases. You may choose to re-spec later on to drop Improved Wrath once you start using Starfire instead, but that is up to you.
- Levels 20 — 1 point in Improved Moonfire
- Levels 21 & 22 — 2 points in Nature's Reach
- Levels 23 & 24 — 2 points in Improved Entangling Roots
- Levels 25 to 29 — 5 points in Vengeance
Finish off Improved Moonfire, then the next 4 points are yours to do with as you please. Nature's Reach is a great option for the range, and Improved Entangling Roots will also be quite useful since you will be using Entangling Roots plenty while leveling. After that, go for the full 5 points in Vengeance for the damage increase.
- Level 30 — 1 point in Nature's Grace
- Levels 31 to 33 — 3 points in Moonglow
- Levels 34 — 1 point in Improved Entangling Roots
- Level 35 to 39 — 5 points in Moonfury
Nature's Grace is a great all around option for damage, healing, and utility. The procs can be used on any type of spell cast, so track them for when you need a quick Entangling Roots or just for the straight damage increase. Moonglow is an essential mana efficiency talent, and Moonfury is a strong damage increase. You can put the 1 point into something else if you which, but finishing off Improved Entangling Roots to remove any chance of pushback when casting it is a great choice.
- Level 40 — 1 point in Moonkin Form
- Level 41 to 45 — 5 points in Improved Starfire
- Level 46 to 49 — 4 points in Improved Mark of the Wild
Moonkin Form is an essential pickup for the damage increase and for the extra armor it provides. Some people choose to take Improved Starfire earlier, but it is up to you when you decide to invest the points into it. Starfire is a better filler than Wrath both for damage and mana efficiency, so investing the points earlier is not a terrible idea. After you finish it, you can start putting points into Restoration with Improved Mark of the Wild.
- Level 50 — 1 point in Improved Mark of the Wild
- Levels 51 to 55 — 5 points in Improved Healing Touch
- Level 56 — 1 point in Insect Swarm
- Levels 57 to 59 — 3 points in Reflection
- Level 60 — 1 point in Nature's Focus
Most of these talents are personal preference, but Insect Swarm and Reflection are required. Insect Swarm is a powerful DoT that will be a nice damage boost while leveling, and Reflection is a great mana efficiency boost.
- Cast one Wrath;
- Cast one Wrath or Starfire;
- Insect Swarm;
- Wrath until your run out of Mana;
- Wrath or Starfire.
- Melee if you run out of mana.
Early levels as Balance can be quite slow, so consider finding someone to level with for 1-10 or even 1-20.
Entangling Roots will be your best friend while leveling. You can use it to control a second enemy while killing the first, or even to keep something still while you get a cast off onto it, like Starfire, to limit your damage taken. Use it frequently while leveling.
Do your class quest to get Bear Form. Bear Form will be a huge power spike, significantly speeding up your leveling. Beat form will be more damage until level 20 or so, and you will be much safer while leveling.
The quest for Aquatic Form is available at this level, but you should hold off. It is a very long quest that will be significantly easier once you have Travel Form or a mount.
The rotation says " Wrath or Starfire" because it is up to you which you want to spam as your filler. Starfire is the better choice once you take Improved Starfire, but it is up to you at what point you take it. + Arcane Damage and + Nature Damage on gear can also determine which will be better, which is why this is a choice that you will need to make for yourself.
- The first Druid-only quest becomes available at Level 10.
- At Level 10, you can do the Bear Form quest.
- At Level 14, you can do the Cure Poison quest.
- At Level 16, you can do the Aquatic Form quest.
List of Trainer Skills to Buy
Below is a list of skills to upgrade as you level. With more gold you can buy more skills, but this list is meant to be an optimal point where you buy what helps you most while saving as much money as possible for your mount at level 40.
- Entangling Roots
- Cat Form
- Challenging Roar
- Travel Form
- Track Humanoids
- Dire Bear Form
- Feline Grace
- Mark of the Wild
- Healing Touch
Balance Druid Leveling Stats
Choosing what gear to wear is usually pretty straightforward since upgrades will be obvious most of the time. However, when given the choice, you should always go for Nature Damage or Arcane Damage. Your basic priority will be:
- Nature Damage or Arcane Damage;
Nature damage or Arcane damage (depending on whether you use Wrath or Starfire) will be your primary damage increase. After that you will want Intellect for more mana and spell crit, Spirit for better regeneration rates, and finally Stamina for more health.
Unlike more other classes, Druids do not benefit heavily from weapon upgrades. For Druids, weapons are all about the stats they give, meaning they are no more significant that other gear upgrades. For a more in depth explanation about weapons, look at the guide linked below.
How to advance as a Druid at Level 60
Well done on hitting maximum level in WoW Classic! Now that leveling is over, you can learn more about level 60 gameplay by reading our Balance Druid Guide, which covers every facet of gameplay at 60 in detail.
The best individual pages to read through are as follows.
- The Balance Druid Talent builds guide has the best builds for Level 60 covered.
- Our PvP Druid guide is where you can find PvP builds for all 3 specializations, as well as various tricks and tips for PvP combat.
- Goldmaking Guide for Druids is a page with details on where / how to farm gold quickly as a Druid when you are Level 60.
- The Balance Druid Rotation guide is where you can read on how to optimize your PvE damage and how to prioritize your abilities.
- Balance Druid Stats guide contains detailed information on all Druid stats, including a list of their priority for damage dealing.
- Our Gear guide for Balance Druids lists all the optimal pieces of gear that you will want to farm at Level 60, in order to optimize your damage.
- 23 Sep. 2019: Guide added.
- Blizzard Working on an Unannounced Open-World RPG Shooter
- Season of Mastery Beta Update: October 13th
- The Return of Large Groups in Battlegrounds
- WoW Classic Season of Mastery Design Intentions and Details
- Global Battle.net Maintenance: October 6th
- WoW Classic Season of Mastery Beta Notes: October 5th
- Burning Crusade and WoW Classic Hotfixes: October 4th
- Brewfest Extended an Extra Day in Burning Crusade Classic
- Melee Hunter Guide - Hunter Melee Physical DPS
- Shaman Tank Guide - Shaman Tanking in WoW
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Hunter Macros for TBC Cassic?
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- When will we see a pre-patch tbc page?
- Icecold (A) - Ashbringer EU
- Inner Circle Recruiting For TBC