WoW Classic Holy Paladin Leveling Talent Build from 1 to 60
On this page, you will find our Holy leveling guide for WoW Classic. Make sure to use the slider to make the guide adapt to your level. For more general leveling information, please refer to our Paladin leveling guide. We also have an Protection Paladin leveling guide and a Retribution Paladin leveling guide.
Paladin is one of two classes that can play every role, with Holy being their healing specialization. Holy Paladins are excellent at supporting dungeons, and are top choices for cleave groups in dungeons. Paladins offer great buffs and auras to the group that helps in dungeons, while also doing strong healing and reasonable damage through Consecration. For solo leveling through, Holy is exceptionally slow, and you would be much better off playing Retribution.
Level by Level Rotation, Talents, and Trainer Skills
Move the slider below to make the guide update to your level!
Leveling Talent Tree & Build
Your first talent unlocks at Level 10.
If you are playing Holy, you should be mostly focusing on building out to support groups during dungeons. Healing itself will most likely not be overly difficult, but maximizing your support and damage while still healing is the challenge. Consecration is incredibly important for damage, and should be taken at Level 20. Picking up Improved Blessing of Wisdom is also worthwhile since it will heavily benefit casters in your group. Similarly, if you plan to level with lots of melee, you should consider picking up Improved Blessing of Might early to give them all more attack power. Once you build down the Holy tree picking up the major talents, you can really do what you want with the extra points outside of Benediction and Improved Blessing of Might.
- Keep Seal of Righteousness up.
- Use Judgement on cooldown if you have the Mana for it, keeping in mind that you will need to reapply your seal after.
- Use Consecration on cooldown if you have the Mana.
The above rotation is designed to maximize your damage. Do not forget that your main job as Holy Paladin is to heal, so use Holy Light and Flash of Light to keep your group up.
You get Seal of Light at this level, which is a great way to keep melee in your group topped by judging Seal of Light on a kill target to let melee heal themselves by hitting it.
You get Seal of Wisdom at this level. Similar to Seal of Light, you can judge it on your target to let casters restore Mana by hitting the target. This can be a great way to help out spell cleave groups.
While leveling, remember that your primary goal as a Holy Paladin is to heal; it is your job to keep your party members alive. Holy Paladins learn Holy Light starting from Level 1, so this will be your main source of healing until you eventually learn Flash of Light at level 20. For healing, you should keep the max rank of both Flash of Light and Holy Light on your bars, along with rank 1 Flash of Light. Use rank 1 Flash of Light when you want to conserve as much Mana as possible and no one is in danger of dying. Otherwise, use the max ranks of Holy Light and Flash of Light as needed, depending on whether you need a bigger, slow heal or a smaller, quick heal. The best healers are the ones who plan for when they will need their Mana, and will prepare accordingly by conserving their Mana during periods of low damage by limiting over-healing. You will want to get a feel for how much each spell and rank heals for so you know which to use depending on the situation.
- The first Paladin-only quest becomes available at Level 12.
- At Level 12, you can do the Redemption quest.
- At Level 20, you can do the Sense Undead quest, which also rewards a strong 2H weapon: Verigan's Fist.
- At Level 40, you can do the Paladin mount quest.
Holy Paladin Leveling Stats
Choosing what gear to wear is usually pretty straightforward since upgrades will be obvious most of the time. However, when given the choice, you are going to want to try to get +Holy Damage for more damage and Spirit for better recovery. Your basic priority will be:
- Holy Damage;
Holy Damage is your most straight forward damage increase and will provide the most value. Spirit is a strong recovery stat, which will be more efficient than just going for more max Mana or health through Intellect or Stamina. Lastly, if you feel like you need more healing, you can get +Healing greens for more healing during dungeons.
List of Trainer Skills to Buy
Paladin specs benefit from upgrading roughly the same skills, so our list of skills to buy from trainers is the same, regardless of the spec. For this reason, you will find that list in our general Paladin leveling page.
Paladin Leveling Weapons
Holy Paladins do not benefit tremendously from weapon upgrades, but they are still good. They are solid upgrades that you get while leveling, and especially with fast weapons they also will increase the rate of your Seal of Righteousness procs. Knowing what weapons to get and where is important, so check out the Paladin weapons guide below.
How to advance as a Paladin at Level 60
Well done on hitting maximum level in WoW Classic! Now that leveling is over, you can learn more about Level 60 gameplay by reading our Holy Paladin Guide, which covers every facet of gameplay at 60 in detail.
The best individual pages to read through are as follows.
- The Holy Paladin Talent builds guide has the best builds for Level 60 covered.
- Our PvP Paladin guide is where you can find PvP builds for all 3 specializations, as well as various tricks and tips for PvP combat.
- Goldmaking Guide for Paladins is a page with details on where / how to farm gold quickly as a Paladin when you are Level 60.
- The Holy Paladin Rotation guide is where you can read on how to optimize your PvE healing and how to prioritize your abilities.
- DPS Paladin Stats guide contains detailed information on all Paladin stats, including a list of their priority for healing throughput.
- Our Gear guide for Holy Paladins lists all the optimal pieces of gear that you will want to farm at Level 60, in order to optimize your healing.
- 05 Oct. 2019: Page added.
- The New Battle.net Is Almost Here, Going Live in NA
- World's Fastest Naxxramas Speed Clear By Salad Bakers
- Merry Christmas from the Icy Veins Team!
- The "Final Boss of Classic": Level 1 Raid Takes on Hogger
- We Might Be Hearing About Burning Crusade Classic by the End of the Year? (Rumor)
- Blizzard Sending Out New Surveys About "Classic" Version of The Burning Crusade
- Activision Blizzard's Stock Reached All-Time Highs
- Cyberpunk 2077 Wiki from IcyWiki
- TBC Transition+
- [H][EU][Skullflame] Impact Recruiting to raid Naxx Wednesday and Sunday
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- Shadowlands Threads of Fate Question
- Power Word: Shield Macro
- Looking for an addon or someone to make it
- The Best PvP weapon in classic for a warrior ?
- [Q]Opener Trinket Swap