Caldyrvan

Make it cheap #1 Budget Aggro Priest

Sign in to follow this  

5 posts in this topic

I am glad I'm watching Chump because not only he's an inspiration but also because I was browsing through the standard priest deck lists provided here and even though it's a long list they are all pretty much the same (many of them no fun anymore, at least to me and def. no fun to play against) and I get the feeling lately Icy Veins tries to provide the most expensive decks only. No doubt they are effective and successful but as I said, getting bored and it's kind of bad for every new player visiting this page and just seeing (s)he has to play longer than some cards take to rotate out of standard to acquire a viable deck. 

So, I was wondering why are the no decks like the following in this list, something wrong with adding such decks? Of course you can't add every possible deck type/variation but with a dozen Highlander and Dragon priest decks already being in this list there should be room for at least one or two others.

All credit goes to Chump for this deck, I'm just posting it as well as his first video with it.

Total Arcane Dust cost: 1600

With all of the cards being basic, common or rare we can assume most players have most of the cards maybe a few to craft. Pretty cheap imo.

Deck Code: AAECAa0GAsYEmssCDoQB7QHlBPIMtbsC8LsC2MEC3cIC5MICyMsCzswCn84Cps4ClegCAA==

He was playing 2 version of this deck with the other being a bit more expensive using Genzo, the Shark and Leeroy Jenkins instead of the 2 Auchenai Soulpriest.

Have Fun :)

Edited by Caldyrvan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just wanted create new deck and don't have too much dust:( 1600 for deck is supercheap, looks interesting, want to try to play few games. ^^

Edited by Lightout

Since the biggest part of the community, F2P players, were able to improve their collection as time has been going by, their focus changed from budget decks to full decks, and with this change, we had to start focusing on full decks as well, spending less time on budget decks. However, since the change in format, that should no longer be a major issue, as it is easier to provide a big amount of decks,

As for the aggro priest (thanks for the suggestion!), I was told Pesty was going to have a look at it. I'll let you know once I get a yes/no answer from her.

Are there any other budget decks you would like to see? I feel like most of our decks that can have a reasonable budget variation have one, but it's likely I am forgetting something or that we overlooked something, so input is always important for us.

• Like 1

I understand what you mean but on the other hand with the faster release of new expansion a few players might still be happy about some alternative.

On 11/15/2017 at 3:45 PM, positiv2 said:

Are there any other budget decks you would like to see? I feel like most of our decks that can have a reasonable budget variation have one, but it's likely I am forgetting something or that we overlooked something, so input is always important for us.

If I would start thinking or looking around I would find some other budget decks, I am sure. Maybe I will do that but right now I have none particular decks in mind. 

I know there are some budget versions of high tier decks or a budget version of an existing deck could be easily created and that's ok so far. But I remember when I started and even a while after that when I was looking at the budged version of a high tier deck it always felt a bit like "well, I will try a crappy version of this deck, because I can't do anything else", even after you reach a point where you are able to create a top tier deck you will most likely not be able to afford another one (I know that's how it goes and no one should expect to do so when being a newer player, except for the money-throwers ofc) but you might still have the desire not to play the one deck only and maybe enjoy another class, so I think it would be great to offer a few decks which are entirely different not just a bad copy of an expensive deck. I hope you understand what I mean.

And besides providing affordable decks to newer players or those with less time/money, I think there is a reason why players like Chump try out (and publish videos with) entirely different decks and he usually avoids to show cancer decks on his channel. That's something I really like :)

Personally I'm no longer in need of a budget deck but since I created it, I enjoyed to play that Priest deck here more than any deck I have. Some of the current meta decks have so many epic and legendary cards that you have to take a very close look at them to find the common/rare cards :D

Edit: P.S: That's actually more text then I planned to write.

Edited by Caldyrvan
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this