Shadow Ascendant — Priest Card
Table of Contents
Shadow Ascendant is a Priest-only minion. This card was introduced with Knights of the Frozen Throne and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Shadow Ascendant is a solid 2-Mana card that can help create a stronger early-game for Priests. The card itself does come with some risk, as it is incredibly weak if is the only minion on the board. However, if you do have a minion on board it represents at least 3/3 stats for 2 Mana. It is particularly strong if you use it as a follow-up toto create a 2/4 and 2/2 minion on turn 2.
In Constructed, Shadow Ascendant is a fairly weak card. As Priest decks are typically very passive in the early-game, it is not consistently possible to get value from the card on turn 2 unless you opt to play a more aggressive Priest variant.
In Arena, Shadow Ascendant is a reasonable card. If you are able to keep it alive for multiple turns, it can provide huge value. However, in order to do this you need to be ahead beforehand, so this card is fairly poor if played from behind which makes it one of the many "win more" cards in the game.
- Activision Blizzard Games Coming to Game Pass After Microsoft Acquisition
- Unconfirmed Dragonflight Pre-Patch and Launch Dates Leaked
- Blizzard Debuting New Products + Giveaway at Comic-Con
- The Battle.net Social Celebration Contest
- Blizzard Entertainment Acquires Spellbreak Development Studio Proletariat
- New Hearthstone Expansion Announced: Murder at Castle Nathria
- How to Find Out You've Been Invited to Beta Testing?
- Arclight Rumble Will Not Have Loot Boxes or NFTs
- Tombs of Terror Elise Starseeker
- Naga Ramp Druid Deck
- Holy Paladin Deck
- Relic Demon Hunter Deck
- Skeleton Mage Deck