Shadow Ascendant — Priest Card
Table of Contents
Shadow Ascendant is a Priest-only minion. This card can be obtained from Knights of the Frozen Throne packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Shadow Ascendant is a solid 2-Mana card that can help create a stronger early-game for Priests. The card itself does come with some risk, as it is incredibly weak if is the only minion on the board. However, if you do have a minion on board it represents at least 3/3 stats for 2 Mana. It is particularly strong if you use it as a follow-up to Northshire Cleric to create a 2/4 and 2/2 minion on turn 2.
2. Constructed Play
In Constructed, Shadow Ascendant is a fairly weak card. As Priest decks are typically very passive in the early-game, it is not consistently possible to get value from the card on turn 2 unless you opt to play a more aggressive Priest variant.
In Arena, Shadow Ascendant is a reasonable card. If you are able to keep it alive for multiple turns, it can provide huge value. However, in order to do this you need to be ahead beforehand, so this card is fairly poor if played from behind which makes it one of the many "win more" cards in the game.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
There are currently no decks on Icy Veins that use this card.
- The Midsummer Fire Festival Has Returned
- Menacing Nimbus Card Reveal
- Stargazer Luna Revealed from The Boomsday Project
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #20
- The Boomsday Pre-Orders & Minion Type Changes Now Available
- New Hearthstone Expansion Announced: The Boomsday Project [Updated]
- Tavern Talk #2: Past and New Heroes, Balance Frequency, Community Card Art
- Hearthstone Public Gathering Spot Teaser
- Boomsday Project Hub
- Time-Tinker Monster Hunter
- Is the game dying?
- Token Druid
- Even Warrior
- Tracker Monster Hunter
- Big Spell Mage
- Recruit Warrior