Shadow Ascendant — Priest Card
Table of Contents
Shadow Ascendant is a Priest-only minion. This card was introduced with Knights of the Frozen Throne and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Shadow Ascendant is a solid 2-Mana card that can help create a stronger early-game for Priests. The card itself does come with some risk, as it is incredibly weak if is the only minion on the board. However, if you do have a minion on board it represents at least 3/3 stats for 2 Mana. It is particularly strong if you use it as a follow-up toto create a 2/4 and 2/2 minion on turn 2.
In Constructed, Shadow Ascendant is a fairly weak card. As Priest decks are typically very passive in the early-game, it is not consistently possible to get value from the card on turn 2 unless you opt to play a more aggressive Priest variant.
In Arena, Shadow Ascendant is a reasonable card. If you are able to keep it alive for multiple turns, it can provide huge value. However, in order to do this you need to be ahead beforehand, so this card is fairly poor if played from behind which makes it one of the many "win more" cards in the game.
- Activision Blizzard Halts New Sales in Russia
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2021 Financial Results
- Blizzard Lead Mike Ybarra Teases Potential Announcements
- Blizzard Working on a New Survival Game for PC and Console
- Announcements We Can Expect this Week? (Speculation Post)
- A Message from Mike Ybarra
- An Excerpt from Bobby Kotick's Email to Staff
- Official Microsoft and Activision Blizzard Announcements on Acquisition
- Shellfish Mill Priest Deck
- Switcheroo Priest Deck
- Questline Hunter Deck
- Naga Fel Demon Hunter Deck
- Wild Only Cards
- Murloc Warlock Deck
- Pirate Rogue Deck
- Mech Paladin Deck