Caldyrvan

Make it cheap #2 Budget Cannibal Warlock

3 posts in this topic

A few days ago I posted a cheap priest deck. I have no idea how many actually have been interested in it but maybe we had some none registered visitors who knows. So here another deck. Again inspired by Chump but I had a similar deck before. Compared to Chumps' version I replaced 2x Twilight Summoner with 2x Spawn of N'Zoth (beause Epics are not budget :D) and I didn't want to craft Forbidden Ritual myself so I've put in 2 commons instread, Mortal Coil and Zealous Initiate.

It's technically a Zoo but it plays differently which is a nice change to the "we know it all" stuff :)

Total Arcane Dust Cost: 1500

Deck Code: AAECAf0GBMQIxQmNrQLKywINMNkHwgi0rAL2rgKNrwLnwQKrwgK0xAKXywL3zQKmzgKJ4gIA

Guide:

This deck is basically a Zoo, you can find a well written guide here, but maybe somewhat slower and less reliable due to the fact that you need to combo with your deathrattle cards but the value you get out of them should make up for it. As with any Zoo deck you want to put early pressure on your opponent and establish board control with cheap minions and playing on curve.

In your starting hand you want to see a couple of 1 mana minions and a 2 (and/or maybe a 3 mana cost) mana cost to put something on the board and plan for your next turns. Flame Imp is always a good choice as well as Sanguine Reveler and a 1, 2 or maybe a 3 mana deathrattle minion to combo with. Against more aggressive decks a Voidwalker could be a good choice as well, against slower decks you might consider to keep a Devilsaur Egg. To be able to play a Darkshire Councilman on turn 3 is great too.

You have good tools to maintain board control (besides the minions you already have) like Volatile Elemental which has great synergy with your cannibal cards like Ravenous PterrordaxUnwilling Sacrifice is a bit like Deadly Shot and needs accurate play to be not a waste but the potential value you can get out of it is great. And later in the game Despicable Dreadlord helps a lot to maintain board control.

Have fun :)

Edited by Caldyrvan
  • Like 2

When I posted the cheap priest deck I added a video from Chump which is a great guide. Here I didn't and I was a bit lazy when posting this so I edited it and wrote small guide.

• Like 1

I like general idea of this deck so I tryed create it as close to this original version as this possible. Sad was need to replace few cards, bec I didn't have them and all of them was from Old Gods expansion, so I decided that is a bit too late to use my last dust for cards from expansion what will leave standard so soon. But I would like to have all cards what I missed. :( Before this topic I didn't play with my Warlock too much (I just ignored this class for some reasons). I think that is very nice version of cheap deck for beginners with lack of dust imo, and small replacements is possible too if general idea saved. But everyone(not only beginners) could try to get some fun. Synergy of cards, all sweet combos is something with what I enjoy after few games. :) So I would recommend to try this deck. Btw nice you added guide, short description is always useful. ^^

And well to be honest I really think maybe I could craft all cards what I don't have from original version of this deck, I even able to ignore that they will be wild soon. :D Still don't know what I will do, but I want this deck as it is. ^^

Edited by Lightout
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Hanz39
      I've never shared a deck but I'll make an exception sharing one of my most successful decks (played on the ladder up to rank 3 several months)
      It's a Keleseth Rogue with very peculiar cards and the biggest difference is that Deathwing is mostly the win-condition of the deck
      Here is the masterpiece :D
      2X Backstab
      2X Shadowstep
      2X Elven Archer
      2X Swashburglar
      2X Southsea Deckhand
      1X Patches the Pirate
      1X Prince Keleseth
      1X Acolyte of Pain
      2X SI:7 Agent
      2X Southsea Captain
      1X Edwin VanCleef
      1X Shaku, the Collector
      2X Saronite Chain Gang
      2X Nesting Roc
      2X Vilespine Slayer
      1X The Black Knight
      1X The Curator
      2X Bonemare
      1X Deathwing

Elven Archer is mainly a combo activator that is more useful than Fire Fly since it does damage and can be shadowstepped if needs and save countless damage to face when big minions remain on the field with 1 hp saving you from taking huge face  damage to ping them, the card really shine in the deck to the point to deserving to name it
      The Curator is there to pull Deathwing mostly and you get also a Nesting Roc in the process
      Nesting Roc takes the place of Cobalt Scalebane commonly seen to add synergy to Curator, give a strong minion that priest almost never remove or a 7 hp taunt that I find more useful than a 5/5 do nothing
      The Black Knight was added to help Vilespine removing high health minions that mostly have taunt to direct Vilespine on the other minions
      Deathwing is the big surprise because it usually win matches on its own even matches that are completely off control can be win thanks to him.
      Most people tend to go all in when see a Rogue in late game because almost nobody with similar decks bring aoe removal and even less can suspect that the dragon you pull with The Curator is Deathwing himself wrongfully think that is probably a Cobalt Scalebane
      Against a Jade Druid landing a Deathwing is almost guaranteed to end the game because they spend any removal on the other minions and tend to go wide with boards resulting in losing 6-7 minions and have to face a 12 attack minion that they need at least 2 turns, turns they don't have cause Deathwing going face and leaving them dead.
      Not drawing Keleseth early here isn't much a loss because you not need to win as fast as possible othwerwise you are doomed because usually the plan B works better than the plan A because the deck run so many minion that almost nobody save a removal for the 'surprise' Deathwing.
      If someone wants try it let me know how was. I used this from rank 15 to 3 for 3 months already winning most of the matches without much problems against the most commonly found decks in standard.

• By Caldyrvan
      I am glad I'm watching Chump because not only he's an inspiration but also because I was browsing through the standard priest deck lists provided here and even though it's a long list they are all pretty much the same (many of them no fun anymore, at least to me and def. no fun to play against) and I get the feeling lately Icy Veins tries to provide the most expensive decks only. No doubt they are effective and successful but as I said, getting bored and it's kind of bad for every new player visiting this page and just seeing (s)he has to play longer than some cards take to rotate out of standard to acquire a viable deck. 
      So, I was wondering why are the no decks like the following in this list, something wrong with adding such decks? Of course you can't add every possible deck type/variation but with a dozen Highlander and Dragon priest decks already being in this list there should be room for at least one or two others.
      All credit goes to Chump for this deck, I'm just posting it as well as his first video with it.
      Total Arcane Dust cost: 1600
      With all of the cards being basic, common or rare we can assume most players have most of the cards maybe a few to craft. Pretty cheap imo.
      2x Emerald Reaver 2x Northshire Cleric 2x Potion of Madness 2x Power Word: Shield 2x Voodoo Doctor 2x Golakka Crawler 2x Radiant Elemental 2x Shadow Ascendant 1x Deathspeaker 2x Happy Ghoul 2x Kabal Talonpriest 2x Auchenai Soulpriest 2x Keening Banshee 1x Darkscale Healer 2x Sunborne Val'kyr 2x Bonemare Deck Code: AAECAa0GAsYEmssCDoQB7QHlBPIMtbsC8LsC2MEC3cIC5MICyMsCzswCn84Cps4ClegCAA==
      He was playing 2 version of this deck with the other being a bit more expensive using Genzo, the Shark and Leeroy Jenkins instead of the 2 Auchenai Soulpriest.
      Have Fun :)
      -> Budget Cannibal Warlock -> Budget Handbuff Paladin -> Budget Aggro/Tempo Rogue  

• By Violentravi
      Hello,
      The Sworn is recruiting DPS.  We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 4/9 Mythic TOS.  We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:05 PM until 12:05 AM Eastern.  Currently, our main goal is to push Mythis TOS progression versus clearing farmed content, please keep this in mind if you wish to join us.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated.  In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
       If you are interested, you can either reply to this thread and link your most recent combat logs for review or hit me up on battlenet, Violentnacho, recruiting officer (violentravi#1826.
      Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho
    • By Deydoridra
      Hi I'm looking for an active raid guild. I am not a hardcore raider but would like to continue with normal/ heroic progression. 
      I'm looking for raid time around 6pm PST / 9pm EST start. Will consider faction change for the right fit. 

9/9 Normal 9/9 Heroic - Multiple kills

Battletag Ravenblack69#1619
    • By Deydoridra
      Hey guys,
      I'm new to playing affliction lock and ranged DPS in general really. Can someone help me see why my DPS isn't where it should be? I've changed my stats around and have been playing with my legendaries and rotation but I can't seem to improve. If someone has some ideas it would be much appreciated. 
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/arathor/syraice
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/71tcn24XFqBpZf9a/#view=rankings&boss=-2&difficulty=0