Classic Elemental Shaman DPS Gear and Best in Slot
On this page, you will find the best PvE gear and best in slot items for your Elemental Shaman DPS in WoW Classic.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Classic Elemental Shaman gear and best in slot.
Gearing Strategy for Elemental Shamans
While a clear best in slot list is always available in WoW Classic, the items contained might be extremely hard or expensive to get. Thus, we will try to give at least one alternative, for most slots in the list, so that you can pick where and how to farm them.
Season of Mastery Lists
As WoW Classic's Season of Mastery consists of Phases that are separate from the regular branch of Classic, we have created unique gear lists for its pre-raid and Phases. In addition, you may find it useful to look over our Fire Resistance Gear guide for your specialization, which is applicable for either version of Classic.
Elemental Shaman Pre-Raid Best in Slot (BiS) List
In order to get ready for raiding, it is recommended that you follow this guide in order to learn which gear to gather for maximizing DPS before ever setting foot in raids, and probably also before getting your first epic loot. Even so, expect to get a few pieces that you will have a hard time replacing, such as Briarwood Reed and Therazane's Touch.
Look out also for the Tailoring Bloodvine Set, which you can buy and is extremely powerful when compared to most other pre-raid BiS pieces!
Naxxramas Elemental Shaman BiS
Naxxramas carries the best gear WoW Classic has to offer, as well as the toughest PvE challenges to beat.
Unfortunately, Shamans Tier 3, The Earthshatterer is a pure healing set, and as such has next to no value to Elemental Shamans.
Thus, our recommended gear is a mix of the Tier 2.5 or Bloodvine 3 set piece bonuses alongside the best off-set pieces for each slot. Bloodvine will usually result in higher damage, but Tier 2.5 has more Stamina and the highest potential throughput, as long as you get good procs.
Finally, take note that all bosses in Naxxramas are undead other than Grand Widow Faerlina and Maexxna. This makes specialized anti-undead items like Rune of the Dawn, Mark of the Champion and the Regalia of Undead Cleansing set very competitive with the general best in slot pieces, and you can use them instead, if needed.
Other Useful Phase 6 Gear for Elemental Shamans
While the list above contains the absolute best gear setup, you are unlikely to quickly gather all of it. We provide more options below, some which are very close to the best and some which are just much easier to get!
Frost Resistance Gear for Restoration Shamans
Sapphiron on Naxxramas all but requires a good amount of Frost Resistance gear to kill, as otherwise you will be taking too much damage for healers to keep up with. Check out our recommended Frost Resistance gear in the guide below!
Nature Resistance Gear for Elemental Shamans
As an Elemental Shaman, you are likely to be asked to use as much Nature Resistance gear as you can for Princess Huhuran while being one of the 15 closest players. Read this guide to figure out where to find such gear, and which pieces to wear!
Elemental Shaman PvP Best in Slot Gear
If you would prefer to gear for PvP, you can find our Elemental Shaman PvP BiS guide below.
Since weapons are such a broad topic, we have written a full guide about Shaman weapons.
Special Gear for Elemental Shamans
Some items, which are not powerful enough to be in the best in slot list, have special properties that make them very valuable to acquire for specific encounters or as a weapon swap mid-fight. We will list the most notable special items for the current phase, and their effects and application below:
- Gnomish Battle Chicken summons a chicken that attacks your enemies for 1.5 minutes, with a cooldown of 30 minutes. The chicken scales with your Engineering skill (Level 60 at 300 skill), and buffs your group with 5% increased Attack Speed through Battle Squawk. This is what makes it well worth using while grouped.
- Arcanite Dragonling summons a dragon that attacks your enemies for up to 1 minute, with a cooldown of one hour. The dragon scales with your Engineering skill (Level 60 at 300 skill) and causes a stacking debuff that increases Fire damage taken, which makes it worth using in later raids to boost Fire Mage damage.
- Skull of Impending Doom is given as a quest reward from completing Forbidden Knowledge in the Badlands. While generally undesirable, if you need to run somewhere fast, it can be a useful item to have.
- Furbolg Medicine Pouch is sold by Gorn One Eye when you reach Honored status with Timbermaw Hold. This is a great item that you can swap during combat to provide you with a significant 1000 heal over 10 seconds. For comparison's sake, Heavy Runecloth Bandage heals you for 2000 over 8 seconds, but requires you to channel it, and you cannot take any sort of damage in the channel duration.
- Tidal Charm allows you to instantly stun an enemy for 3 seconds. It has a 50% drop chance from Prince Nazjak, who spawns around 25,84 in Arathi Highlands. Due to his very high respawn timer it might be hard to get this trinket, but the stun it provides is a life saver and duel winner.
- Hand of Edward the Odd is an epic BoE world drop that makes your next spell cast instantly when it procs, which happens around once a minute. This makes it useful for extra burst, but you should swap to a weapon with better stats after using the proc. It also allows you to Hearthstone instantly, which allows you to role play a bubble hearthstone Paladin in an emergency.
- Linken's Boomerang allows you to potentially disarm or stun an enemy when used, which makes it useful in certain scenarios, especially in PvP. Its rewarded from the Un'Goro Crater quest It's Dangerous to Go Alone.
- Luffa removes a bleed effect, such as Garrote, from yourself when used. You get this item from the Searing Gorge quest Incendosaurs? Whateverosaur is More Like It.
- 07 Dec. 2020: Added multiple new alternative gear options.
- 01 Dec. 2020: Reworked the BiS guide with Naxxramas and clarity in mind.
- 12 Nov. 2020: Added the remaining Phase 6 gear.
- 02 Nov. 2020: Updated with Phase 6 and Frost Resistance gear.
- 05 Oct. 2020: Added Hammer of the Gathering Storm.
- 06 Aug. 2020: Transferred the Ahn'Qiraj gear into the main guide.
- 27 Jul. 2020: Added a link to the Nature Resistance gear guide.
- 20 Jul. 2020: Added AQ40 BiS gear section.
- 19 May 2020: Added Cloak of the Hakkari Worshipers.
- 12 May 2020: Added Silithus twilight boss summonings gear.
- 14 Apr. 2020: Updated with Zul'Gurub gear.
- 11 Mar. 2020: Updated with Arathi Basin gear.
- 28 Feb. 2020: Added Flarecore Leggings.
- 19 Feb. 2020: Added Staff of the Shadow Flame.
- 15 Feb. 2020: Updated for Phase 3 and split the guide into multiple pages.
- 24 Jan. 2020: Added PvP reputation gear and more ranked PvP gear.
- 11 Dec. 2019: Added link to PvP BiS.
- 12 Nov. 2019: Guide is now Phase 2 ready and added Raid best in slot list.
- 19 Sep. 2019: Changed some gear slots due to powerful gear that was confirmed to be available in Phase 1, when it was previously not thought to be the case.
- 19 Aug. 2019: Page added.
More Classic Shaman Guides
More Classic Guides from Other Classes
Classic Dungeon Guides
Classic Profession Guides
- Chinese Realm "Region Unavailable" Messages Appeared for EU Players
- Changes to Death Knight Character Creation Restrictions Coming
- Free Character Transfers in Wrath Classic: March 3rd
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: March 1st
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 24th
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 21st
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 16th
- Season of Mastery Realms Closing This Week, Transfers Open