Season of Discovery Feral Druid DPS Talents and Runes
On this page, you will find out the best PvE talents for your DPS Feral Druid in WoW Classic — Season of Discovery, as well as advised runes.
Feral Druid DPS Talent Build
As the current maximum level is only 40, the talents you can pick from are limited, but expect this page to expand as the level cap increases.
This is a pure DPS or off-tank build that assumes you spend significant time in Cat Form. You can achieve a good level of tankiness with this build by swapping into the Survival of the Fittest chest rune, but that will also give up your Wild Strikes buff, so make sure you do it at the appropriate moments.
While it might be surprising to not see Leader of the Pack taken, Furor is worth a massive amount of DPS for the Druid, and giving it up would be a very group-oriented move, which will likely be reserved for guild groups that favor the performance of the party members, rather than the Druid's. You can also spec it if you do not enjoy powershifting gameplay.
Thus, the idea with this build is to continue powershifting, where you transform into Cat Form with a /cast !Cat Form macro when out of Energy to instantly gain enough Energy to Shred again, trading Mana for extra DPS.
Recommended Rune Engravings
- Gloves — Mangle or Sunfire for AoE, ranged, or high armor enemies
- Pants — Savage Roar
- Chest — Wild Strikes
- Waist — Berserk
- Feet — King of the Jungle
As a DPS Feral, you will want to get Mangle to enable attacking from the front when Shred is not an option and enable its powerful 30% damage buff to Shred in regular scenarios, the maintenance buff Savage Roar which massively increases your damage if you manage it well, and Feral's windfury-replacing effect Wild Strikes to buff the melee players in your party with one of the best damage increasing effects in the game! Wild Strikes were fixed just before Phase 2 to no longer interact negatively with powershifting, as well.
The Level 40 runes should be Berserk, a powerful 3-minute damage cooldown, and King of the Jungle, a strong 30-second damage cooldown. Between these two cooldowns, Feral Druid DPS will be stronger, and also much more bursty, which is a valuable damage profile to have in most scenarios.
You can also tech into Sunfire for more damage against heavily armored enemies, multiple long-lived enemies, or to gain ranged damage capabilities.
More Engravings are likely to come out as we reach higher level caps, so make sure to keep a tab on our general Druid Rune guide below to learn what they do, and where to find them:
- 07 Feb. 2024: Updated talents, runes and explanation text for Phase 2.
- 14 Dec. 2023: Mangle tooltip fix.
- Gnomeregan Trinket Sends Player to Forbidden Zones in SoD Phase 2
- Season of Discovery Hotfixes: February 20th
- Blizzard Acknowledges Gnomeregan Raid Lockout Bug
- Blizzard on AoE Threat in SoD Phase 2
- Season of Discovery and Classic Era Hotfixes: February 16th
- Additional Tuning Coming to Priests in Season of Discovery
- Gnomeregan SoD DPS and Healer Rankings: Week 1
- SoD Subjugate Demon Nerf Due to 5-Minute Control of Metamorphosis Warlocks