Classic Feral Druid Tank Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities
On this page, you will learn how to optimize the rotation of your Feral Druid Tank Tank, in order to survive damage and build up threat while doing PvE content in WoW Classic. We also have advanced sections about cooldowns, procs, etc. in order to maximize your survivability and DPS.
Your actual rotation as a Feral Tank is quite simple and follows the priority listed below.
- Maul whenever possible;
- Swipe to avoid capping Rage;
- Faerie Fire when you are not going to cap on Rage;
For multiple targets, you can use Swipe more while also making sure that you switch between different targets after each Maul use to spread out your threat generated.
Growl and Challenging Roar are great taunt abilities that force either one of multiple enemies to attack you when used. Use Growl when you need to pick up threat on a new enemy, and use Challenging Roar when you do not have threat on a group of enemies and need to pick them up urgently.
Feral Tanks generate Rage from auto attacks and from damage taken. Once you get into raids, basically all of your Rage will come from damage taken. In fact, you will have almost unlimited Rage since you will be generating much more than you can spend through Maul. You should still use Swipe sparingly depending on your Rage, but you should be using Maul as much as possible. You should almost never get an actual pure auto attack off since every single attack should be affected by Maul. Maul is your highest threat ability.
Cooldowns for Feral Druid Tanks
Feral Tanks do not have any way to reduce their damage taken through normal abilities. The only abilities that Feral has to help with mitigation or healing are Frenzied Regeneration and Barkskin. Barkskin can be used relatively often since it only has a 1-minute cooldown, and reduces your damage taken by 20% for 15 seconds. It is an awesome spell to use for periods of high damage, or against magic damage, where your Armor will not help mitigate it. Frenzied Regeneration is a powerful healing cooldown that converts Rage into health. This is a great cooldown to use if you are either getting low or if you know you are about to go into a period of high sustained damage.
Your most powerful threat generating cooldown is not a spell at all, but is actually an item. Manual Crowd Pummeler is your best weapon for threat generation due to its amazing on-use effect. When used, your attack speed is increased by 50% for 30 seconds. Since Maul hits as a buff to your auto attacks, that means that you can use 50% more Mauls during that 30-second window. This item only has 3 charges of its on-use effect, however, and you will need to farm multiple copies of it for raids.
- 15 Jul. 2019: Page added.
- World's Fastest Onyxia Speed Kill in WoW Classic
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Update: April 9th
- Blizzard Begins Monthly Collectible Series for 30th Anniversary with Lich King Statue & Concept Art Print
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Raid Testing: April 13 - 15
- Daily Instance Cap is Over 50 on The Burning Crusade Classic Beta
- Sealed Packages Added on the Burning Crusade Classic Beta
- Burning Crusade Classic Boost Quests: Brand New BC Content
- New Burning Crusade Classic Build: Cap Raised to Level 70 & More
- New onyxia kill time
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Chaos Recruiting for TBC Classic [H] [Herod]
- No one wants retris
- Shaman Tank Guide - Shaman Tanking in WoW
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- TBC Transition+
- Looking for guild with EARLY RAID TIMES