Classic Feral Druid Tank Gear and Best in Slot
On this page, you will find the best PvE gear and best in slot items for your Feral Druid Tank in WoW Classic.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Classic Feral Tank Druid gear and best in slot.
Gearing Strategy for Feral Tank Druids
While a clear best in slot (BiS) list is always available in WoW Classic, the items contained might be extremely hard or expensive to get. Thus, we will try to give at least one alternative, for most slots in the list, so that you can pick where and how to farm them.
Season of Mastery Lists
As WoW Classic's Season of Mastery consists of Phases that are separate from the regular branch of Classic, we have created unique gear lists for its pre-raid and Phases. In addition, you may find it useful to look over our Fire Resistance Gear guide for your specialization, which is applicable for either version of Classic.
WoW Classic Phases
As stated by Blizzard, WoW Classic will have six phases, starting with Molten Core, Onyxia's Lair, and Maraudon, and ending with Naxxramas and the Scourge Invasion.
We will be linking best in slot gear lists for every raid tier in this guide, which can be helpful in order to understand how to progress from hitting Level 60, to getting pre-raid best in slot and from then to clearing all raid tiers.
Naxxramas Feral Tank Druid BiS
This is the gear we recommend for Feral Tank Druids in the Naxxramas patch. Naxxramas is the final destination of the original World of Warcraft, and as such carries the best gear and the most difficult bosses.
Druids Tier 3, Dreamwalker Raiment is perhaps one of the most iconic Druid sets of all time, but is overall quite poor for Feral Druids. You will not be using any of the T3 pieces in your BiS set, but they are still nice to eventually get just to have, especially if you want to flex Restoration.
|Idols||Idol of Brutality||Magistrate Barthilas in Stratholme|
Alternative Gear for Feral Tank Druids
|Idols||Idol of Rejuvenation||Mor Grayhoof in Lower Blackrock Spire|
Feral Druid PvP Best in Slot Gear
You can find our recommended gear for PvPing as a Feral Druid in the link below.
Frost Resistance Gear for Feral Tank Druids
In order to smooth out the Sapphiron encounter, it is advised that most players use a good amount of Frost Resistance gear, in order to reduce the high raid damage intake to manageable levels. We made a list with good options for almost every slot, so that you can face down the undead dragon while prepared:
Nature Resistance Gear for Feral Tank Druids
This is not a normal set that you would ever wear, but is required for some classes in AQ 40 when fighting Princess Huhuran. It will be up to your guild or raid group if this is a required set or not.
Special gear for Feral Tank Druids
Some items, which are not powerful enough to be in the best in slot list, have special properties that make them very valuable to acquire for specific encounters or as a weapon swap mid-fight. We will list the most notable special items for the current phase, and their effects and application below.
- Gnomish Battle Chicken summons a chicken that attacks your enemies for 1.5 minutes, with a cooldown of 30 minutes. The chicken scales with your Engineering skill (Level 60 at 300 skill), and buffs your group with 5% increased Attack Speed through Battle Squawk. This is what makes it well worth using while grouped.
- Arcanite Dragonling summons a dragon that attacks your enemies for up to 1 minute, with a cooldown of one hour. The dragon scales with your Engineering skill (Level 60 at 300 skill) and causes a stacking debuff that increases Fire damage taken, which makes it worth using in later raids to boost Fire Mage damage.
- Skull of Impending Doom is given as a quest reward from completing Forbidden Knowledge in the Badlands. While generally undesirable, if you need to run somewhere fast, it can be a useful item to have.
- Furbolg Medicine Pouch is sold by Gorn One Eye when you reach Honored status with Timbermaw Hold. This is a great item that you can swap during combat to provide you with a significant 1000 heal over 10 seconds. For comparison's sake, Heavy Runecloth Bandage heals you for 2000 over 8 seconds, but requires you to channel it, and you cannot take any sort of damage in the channel duration.
- Tidal Charm allows you to instantly stun an enemy for 3 seconds. It has a 50% drop chance from Prince Nazjak, who spawns around 25,84 in Arathi Highlands. Due to his very high respawn timer it might be hard to get this trinket, but the stun it provides is a life saver and duel winner.
- Linken's Boomerang allows you to potentially disarm or stun an enemy when used, which makes it useful in certain scenarios, especially in PvP. Its rewarded from the Un'Goro Crater quest It's Dangerous to Go Alone.
- Luffa removes a bleed effect, such as Garrote, from yourself when used. You get this item from the Searing Gorge quest Incendosaurs? Whateverosaur is More Like It.
- The Alliance-only Crystal of Zin-Malor allows you to kill yourself easily, and you do not get durability loss if you die from its effect. This can occasionally be useful, such as when you regret getting on a fly path after you are already flying or if you need to talk with the Blackrock Depths key ghost NPC. You get it from starting the quest Tormented By the Past.
Feral Tank Druid Pre-Raid Best in Slot (BiS) List
In order to get ready for raiding, it is recommended that you follow this guide in order to learn which gear to gather for maximizing DPS before ever setting foot in raids, and probably also before getting your first epic loot. Even so, expect to get a few pieces that you will have a hard time replacing, such as Smoking Heart of the Mountain and Mark of Tyranny.
- 02 Dec. 2020: Updated for Phase 6.
- 06 Aug. 2020: Reworked for Phase 5 BiS with alternatives.
- 26 Jul. 2020: Updated with Idols.
- 21 Jul. 2020: Added link to AQ BiS.
- 14 Apr. 2020: Updated with Zul'Gurub gear.
- 13 Mar. 2020: Updated with Arathi Basin gear.
- 23 Feb. 2020: Updated for P3.
- 09 Nov. 2019: Updated with Raid BiS.
- 22 Oct. 2019: Updated Pre-Raid BiS to include Dire Maul.
- 15 Jul. 2019: Page added.
More Classic Druid Guides
More Classic Guides from Other Classes
Classic Dungeon Guides
Classic Profession Guides
- Wrath Classic Arena Fixes and Calculations
- Blizzard Discusses WoW Token in Classic
- WoW Token Added to Wrath Classic
- Wrath Classic Joyous Journeys 50% Experience Buff Is Back!
- Wrath Classic Patch 3.4.2 PTR Notes: May 18th
- Death Heat Map for Hardcore Characters and Their Killers
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- Blizzard Announces Hardcore Classic