Classic Feral Druid Tank Spell Summary
On this page, we present you with all spells and procs that you need to understand as a Feral Druid Tank in WoW Classic.
Bear Form and Dire Bear Form will turn you into a bear, increasing your armor and health to make you more of a tank. Dire Bear Form is simply an upgraded version of Bear Form and should be used exclusively once you learn it.
While in Bear Form or Dire Bear Form you will use Rage as your resource. When you deal auto attack damage or take damage you will generate Rage, which you then can spend on some abilities.
- Swipe swipes in front of you, dealing damage to all targets. This is ideal when there are 3 or more targets.
- Maul a strong attack that empowers your next auto attack for some Rage. This is your main source of damage as a Bear and will generate more threat than any other ability.
- Demoralizing Roar causes you to roar, decreasing the attack power of all enemies around you.
- Enrage will generate some Rage in exchange for lowering your armor by a small amount for a short time.
- Bash stuns the target for 2 seconds. This will also interrupt any spell being cast.
- Growl taunts the target to attack you.
- Challenging Roar is a roar that causes all targets nearby to attack you for 6 seconds by taunting them. This is a unique ability to Bears and is why Bears are sometimes utilized in raids.
- Frenzied Regeneration is a cooldown that converts Rage into health, healing you over a few seconds.
- Feral Charge charges your target, rooting them for 4 seconds and interrupting any spell cast.
Cat Form turns you into a cat while active, allowing you access to the subset of skills that you will be using as a melee DPS.
While in Cat Form, you will have two resources to deal with. Similar to Rogues, you use Energy and combo points. You spend Energy to cast spells, some of which generate combo points and some of which consume combo points. You can have up to 5 combo points on a target at once, and switching targets causes you to lose your combo points. Generally, the more combo points you have, the better the damage or effect of your combo point consuming abilities, usually called "finishers."
Core Damage Abilities
Generators are your abilities that generate combo points.
- Claw is an ability that deals some damage at the cost of Energy. Each hit generates a combo point. This will be your standard filler move when you are in front of your target.
- Rake bleeds your target to deal some damage over time. Generates a combo point when used.
- Ravage is a powerful attack that deals a high burst of damage and generates a combo point, but is only usable from stealth when you are behind the target.
- Shred is a more powerful version of Claw that deals damage and generates a combo point in exchange for Energy. However, this is only usable behind the target. Use this as your main filler ability when possible.
- Pounce is a 2-second stun that also puts a small bleed on the target. It is only usable from stealth and generates a combo point.
Finishers are you damaging abilities that consume combo points.
- Rip is a powerful bleed that consumes combo points and Energy to put a damage over time effect on your target.
- Ferocious Bite is a powerful ability that will use all of your combo points and Energy to deal a burst of damage.
These are other spells that are only usable in Cat Form, mostly utility spells.
- Prowl allows you to go into stealth. This drastically lowers the range at which enemies can see you, and gives you access to some abilities that can only be used while in stealth. This is also only castable outside of combat, and combat will break you out of stealth.
- Tiger's Fury consumes some Energy to give you a 6-second buff that increases your damage done. This is not particularly strong and is only useful when you are already at 5 combo points and waiting to use a finisher, but want to spend some Energy.
- Dash increases your movement speed by 50% for 15 seconds on a 3-minute cooldown.
- Cower lowers your threat against your current target.
- Feline Grace is a passive that makes you take less fall damage.
- Faerie Fire (Feral) is a talented Feral version of Faerie Fire that can be cast in Cat and Bear form. It debuffs the target, lowering their armor and making them unable to go invisible or stealth while active.
- Leader of the Pack is the final talent in the feral tree that passively buffs your and your party members' critical strike chance by 3%.
These are your abilities that you learn from the Balance specialization. Mostly they are used for ranged damage or are utility spells.
- Moonfire is an instant cast, damage over time effect that deals Arcane damage.
- Wrath is a cast ability that will deal some Nature damage.
- Starfire is a slightly lower cast ability that will deal a higher burst of Arcane damage.
- Hurricane is a powerful channeled ability that deals Nature damage to targets in an area for every second you channel. This ability also has a 1-minute cooldown.
- Nature's Grasp is a low-level talent in the Balance tree that puts a 45 second buff on you. While active, the next target to damage you will have Entangling Roots cast on them. This is one of the most powerful disengage tools in the game.
- Omen of Clarity is a 10-minute buff that causes your melee attacks to have a chance to make your next ability free.
- Thorns buffs the target for 10 minutes, causing enemies who attack the target to take a tiny amount of Nature damage for each attack.
- Entangling Roots is a powerful crowd control ability that roots the target in place for up to 27 seconds depending on the rank.
- Faerie Fire curses the target, lowering their armor and making them unable to turn invisible or stealth while active.
- Hibernate is a crowd control ability that puts a beast to sleep for 30 seconds. This is usable on enemy Druids while they are in animal forms.
- Soothe Animal debuffs a beast, lowering the range it can hit you by 10 yards.
- Barkskin is a defensive cooldown that reduces your physical damage taken by 20% for 15 seconds on a 1-minute cooldown. This is also usable while stunned.
- Track Humanoids allows you to track nearby humanoids, including players, on your mini-map.
Most of the abilities you learn from the Restoration specialization are healing spells, with some utility spells as well.
- Rejuvenation is a heal over time effect you can cast on yourself or allies to heal them every few seconds.
- Healing Touch is a powerful heal with a longer cast.
- Regrowth is a heal with a shorter cast time that does a burst of healing and puts a healing over time effect on the target.
- Tranquility is a powerful healing cooldown that, while channeled, heals party members every 2 seconds for 10 seconds on a 5-minute cooldown.
- Mark of the Wild is a unique Druid buff that increases your target's stats, armor, and resistances while active for 30 minutes.
- Rebirth is another unique Druid ability that allows you to resurrect a party or raid member while in combat.
- Remove Curse removes a curse from your target.
- Abolish Poison removes a poison from your target, and keeps attempting to remove another poison every 2 seconds for 8 seconds.
- Innervate greatly increases the targets Mana regeneration for a short time.
- Insect Swarm is a talented damage over time effect that also lowers your target's chance to hit by 2%.
- Nature's Swiftness is a Restoration talented ability that, when used, causes your next cast to be instant. This has a 3-minute cooldown.
- 15 Jul. 2019: Page added.
- Chris Metzen Unveils Warchief Gaming Tabletop Game Company
- Dave Kosak Leaves Blizzard After 12 Years
- Naxxramas Phase 6 "Awakening" Trailer + Cinematic Compilation by IKedit
- BlizzCon 2020 Would Have Started Today: October 23rd
- An Update on the Development of StarCraft II
- Players Join Protests Against Blizzard France In-Game
- Scourge Invasion Enabled on Phase 6 PTR
- Naxxramas Raid Testing Starts Thursday