Season of Discovery Demonology Warlock DPS Guide
Welcome to our Demonology Warlock guide for WoW Classic - Season of Discovery, tailored for PvE content. Here, you will learn how to play the Warlock class as an Demonology Warlock. Click the links below to navigate the guide or read this page for a short introduction.
Demonology Warlocks in World of Warcraft Classic have never been considered a powerhouse when it comes to DPS and in the past wasn't use must at all for raiding outside of using Demonic Sacrifice. They're known for having a rather stale rotation and are taken in raid mainly for their curses, healthstones, summons and soulstones. With Season of Discovery new Rune system, Demonology Warlocks get a few great Runes like Demonic Tactics and Shadow and Flame that not only bring solid damage, but also more to the rotation. Warlock also has a new Rune, Shadow Bolt Volley, which makes your Shadow Bolt shoot out five projectiles instead of the one, giving Warlocks some pretty strong AoE.
With these changes, and more, Warlocks will become a very sough-after DPS due to not only their much needed Curse of the Elements, Curse of Shadow, and Curse of Recklessness, but also their high damage.
- One of the strongest solo levelers in the game
- Unique utility, especially with the ability to summon
- Very strong AoE and single target damage
- Amazing debuffs that are required in all raids
- Extremely high competition for gear against the other casters
- Struggles without Hit and has not help from talents for Hit on their main spells
- Generates more threat than any other class, with no way to get rid of it
- Has to farm Soul Shards
Season of Discovery
Warlock has received some major changes in the Season of Discovery version of Classic World of Warcraft, and with those changes come many new ways to play one of the games' original classes. Below we have included guides to keep you current on not only Season of Discovery changes, but general game play tips and lists so you are best prepared to tackle the new adventures that await you in the Season of Discovery on your demonology Warlock.
With all the brand new abilities and runes, the rotation, gearing options, and talent decisions for Demonology Warlocks has changed drastically with Season of Discovery. Use the guides located in the Table of Contents at the top of this page to find all the information you'll need to master the Demonology Warlock.
Make sure to check out our Rune Engravings guide to best understand what each rune does for your Warlock. If you're unsure where to locate these runes, we've listed the location for every Season of Dicovery Rune in the guide below to help you find the best available runes for your class!.
- Blizzard on AoE Threat in SoD Phase 2
- Season of Discovery and Classic Era Hotfixes: February 16th
- Additional Tuning Coming to Priests in Season of Discovery
- Gnomeregan SoD DPS and Healer Rankings: Week 1
- SoD Subjugate Demon Nerf Due to 5-Minute Control of Metamorphosis Warlocks
- Upcoming Season of Discovery Phase 2 Class Tuning: February 20th
- Season of Discovery Hotfixes: February 14th
- Shadowfang Keep Teleport Available in Wrath Classic