Feral Druid Tank Season of Mastery Phase 1/2 Gear
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items from Molten Core and Onyxia's Lair for your Feral Tank Druid in WoW Classic's Season of Mastery. For pre-raid gearing advice, please refer to our Feral Tank Druid Pre-Raid Gearing and Best in Slot guide for the Season of Mastery.
Feral Tank Druid Season of Mastery Best in Slot (BiS) List for Molten Core / Onyxia's Lair
This is the gear we recommend you to chase while doing the first raids in the game: Molten Core and Onyxia's Lair. If you are instead progressing through Tier 2 / Blackwing Lair or Tier 2.5 / AQ40, see our updated lists for Phases 3/4 and 5.
Druid's Tier 1, Cenarion Raiment is not a great set for Feral Tank druids since it lacks sufficient melee stats and is more primarily geared towards healing. Instead, most of your BiS in this phase will come from a combination of Molten Core loot and dungeon items.
The list below contains gear from: raids, epic PvP sets (above rank 11), as well as some gear from dungeons and quests, when warranted. The whole Lieutenant Commander's Refuge (A) and Lieutenant Commander's Dragonhide Armor (H) set from PVP rank 10 and especially items from the epic PVP set are excellent choices for tanking as well, as they provide high Armor, Agility, Strength, and Stamina.
|Idols||Idol of Brutality||Magistrate Barthilas in Stratholme|
*This will be your BiS weapon for threat generation for all of WoW Classic, due to its amazing on-use effect. However, the weapon only has 3 charges of the effect, meaning that you will need to farm multiple copies of this weapon before every raid if you want to do optimal damage. It is also highly recommended to have another weapon, such as Warden Staff, to use normally.
**This will be your BiS weapon for damage mitigation for all of WoW Classic. It is a world drop BoE weapon, meaning you will most likely need to buy it from the auction house, since it is almost impossible for farm for. However, it is absolutely worth it, and will be a long term investment that you will never replace.
Other Best in Slot Lists
As this list is meant to be used for Feral Tank Druids in WoW Classic's Season of Mastery, we have created separate gear lists for those interested in optimizing themselves for the "main" branch of Classic instead. If you are not playing in the Season of Mastery, it is recommended that you consult this gear hub instead.
- 17 Dec. 2021: Reviewed for Phase 2; no changes necessary.
- 15 Nov. 2021: Guide added for the Season of Mastery.
- Free Character Moves from Firemaw
- The Burning Crusade Classic Character Clone Service Retiring Soon
- World First Classic Sunwell Plateau Kill Claimed by Old School
- The Sunwell Plateau Is Now Live on Burning Crusade Classic
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Guides Now Live
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 5th
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Arrives May 10th
- Arclight Rumble Will Not Have Loot Boxes or NFTs
- Healing Druids (Moonglow/NG) - Crit Chance
- Jolteon 1 - Pendulum of DOOM PvP - Level 39 BiS Enhancement Shaman TBC
- Jailer is in ICC!
- Icy Veins Talent Sequence Addon
- Shaman Tank comprehensive guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Classic Season of Mastery as a proficient Shaman Tank
- Melee Hunter Guide - Playing World of Warcraft as a Melee Hunter
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank