Protection Paladin Tank Season of Mastery Phase 1/2 Gear
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items from Molten Core and Onyxia's Lair for your Protection Paladin in WoW Classic's Season of Mastery. For pre-raid gearing advice, please refer to our Protection Paladin Pre-Raid Gearing and Best in Slot guide for the Season of Mastery.
Protection Paladin Season of Mastery Best in Slot (BiS) List for Molten Core / Onyxia's Lair
This is the gear we recommend you to chase while doing the first raids in the game: Molten Core and Onyxia's Lair. If you are instead progressing through Tier 2 / Blackwing Lair or Tier 2.5 / AQ40, see our updated lists for Phases 3/4 and 5.
Paladin's Tier 1, Lawbringer Armor is designed to be a set meant for Holy Paladins, making it not great for Protection Paladins. Instead, most of your BiS setup in this phase will come from off pieces from Molten Core, or even just dungeon gear in some slots. Sadly, competition for lots of these pieces will be quite high, since Warriors will want them as well, so be prepared to spend some time obtaining them. Furthermore, there is a huge variety of possible Protection Paladin gear available, therefore the BiS list only contains the most important and useful of them. The more offensive items in the list are considered to be a threat boost and are usable if needed.
The list below contains gear from: raids, epic PvP sets (above rank 11), as well as some gear from dungeons and quests, when warranted.
|Wrists||Fel Hardened Bracers||Lord Hel'nurath in Dire Maul West|
|Weapons||Quel'Serrar||The Forging of Quel'Serrar, started by Foror's Compendium of Dragon Slaying which can be looted in Dire Maul.|
|Libram||Libram of Hope||Isalien in Dire Maul|
Other Best in Slot Lists
As this list is meant to be used for Protection Paladins in WoW Classic's Season of Mastery, we have created separate gear lists for those interested in optimizing themselves for the "main" branch of Classic instead. If you are not playing in the Season of Mastery, it is recommended that you consult this gear hub instead.
- 17 Dec. 2021: Updated for World Boss Loot.
- 15 Nov. 2021: Guide added for the Season of Mastery.
- Free Character Moves from Firemaw
- The Burning Crusade Classic Character Clone Service Retiring Soon
- World First Classic Sunwell Plateau Kill Claimed by Old School
- The Sunwell Plateau Is Now Live on Burning Crusade Classic
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Guides Now Live
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 5th
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Arrives May 10th
- Arclight Rumble Will Not Have Loot Boxes or NFTs
- Healing Druids (Moonglow/NG) - Crit Chance
- Jolteon 1 - Pendulum of DOOM PvP - Level 39 BiS Enhancement Shaman TBC
- Jailer is in ICC!
- Icy Veins Talent Sequence Addon
- Shaman Tank comprehensive guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Classic Season of Mastery as a proficient Shaman Tank
- Melee Hunter Guide - Playing World of Warcraft as a Melee Hunter
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank