Classic Shadow Priest DPS Spec, Builds, and Talents
On this page, you will find out the best PvE talent choices and builds for your Shadow Priest DPS in WoW Classic.
Talent Builds for Shadow Priests
There are multiple builds for Shadow Priests, most of them revolve around utilising a similar set of base talents and then applying the remaining points, depending on the intended utility or role that is desired.
If you were looking for leveling builds, please refer to our leveling guide for Priests.
Important Talents for 'Deep Shadow' Priests
Deep Shadow in this context refers to you going deep into the Shadow tree, which basically skips all of the healing benefits and thus makes you a damage dealer primarily.
- Shadow Weaving — This is the primary reason why you are wanted as a Shadow Priest in raids. Buffing your Warlocks' damage by 15% is very valuable.
- Shadowform — This is the defining ability of a Shadow Priest. Not only does this significantly increase your damage, it also makes you more durable against Physical damage.
- Mind Flay — The spell you will probably be casting the most as a Shadow Priest. It does good damage, but its downside is that it takes up a valuable debuff slot.
- Shadow Focus — Essentially provides you with 10% Spell Hit, which leaving you to only have to get an additional 6% Spell Hit to get hitcapped against bosses. This is an extremely important talent.
Optional Shadow Priest Talents
Depending on your gear level or content there are a number of talents that can be swapped around.
- Blackout instead of Spirit Tap: for PvE purposes, neither of these are particularly amazing, so you can pick whichever one you prefer. Early on (while leveling), you definitely want to take Spirit Tap. Blackout only procs from the first tick of Shadow Word: Pain and Mind Flay.
- Unbreakable Will instead of Wand Specialization: for PvE purposes, neither of these is very important. You can pick whatever you like here. While leveling and with low Mp5 on gear, Wand Specialization is better, unless you expect to engage in a lot of PvP regularly.
- Improved Mind Blast provides a DPS increase if your Mana (namely Mp5) can sustain all the additional casts. As it is very likely one of the Healing priests in your raid will be taking Improved Power Word: Fortitude you can drop this for the additional 2 points.
- Mental Agility can also be taken with low gear levels if Mana is an issue. To find points for this you can drop some points in Silent Resolve or Improved Mind Blast.
- Silence, Improved Psychic Scream and Improved Vampiric Embrace are all powerful talents for PvP, where you can drop points in Silent Resolve, Shadow Affinity and Mental Agility.
- 11 Nov. 2019: Added more specific details to optional talent descriptions
- 20 Aug. 2019: Page added.
- World's Fastest Onyxia Speed Kill in WoW Classic
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Update: April 9th
- Blizzard Begins Monthly Collectible Series for 30th Anniversary with Lich King Statue & Concept Art Print
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Raid Testing: April 13 - 15
- Daily Instance Cap is Over 50 on The Burning Crusade Classic Beta
- Sealed Packages Added on the Burning Crusade Classic Beta
- Burning Crusade Classic Boost Quests: Brand New BC Content
- New Burning Crusade Classic Build: Cap Raised to Level 70 & More
- New onyxia kill time
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Chaos Recruiting for TBC Classic [H] [Herod]
- No one wants retris
- Shaman Tank Guide - Shaman Tanking in WoW
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- TBC Transition+
- Looking for guild with EARLY RAID TIMES