Damien

Resurrect Control Priest Standard

34 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Legendary Resurrect Priest Control Standard deck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Neo111 said:

My issue is synergy of resurrect/onyx bishop with loot hoarder. Surely you'd rather avoid it? 

Depends on what you're playing against. 

Vs Control, you'd rather avoid playing a loot hoarder early, so you can resurrect better minions. 

Vs Aggro, loot horder is a decent enough minion on the board and repeatedly resurrecting one will get you more cards

 

I've been playing a version of this deck with Barnes. The 1/1 version of Auchenai Soulpriest, Priest of the Feast, or Sylvanus are great, but even a 1/1 Northshire Cleric or Loot Horder is decent enough; and the resurrected versions come back at full strength.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been seeing versions of this in the single digit ranks running Barnes with  Y'Shaarj, Rage UnboundRagnaros the Firelord and Ysera. I lost one match up due to the other player playing Barnes on turn 3 with the coin who pulled Y'Shaarj, Rage Unbound who then in turn pulled Ragnaros the Firelord. That was some beautiful RNG and a very unlikely situation to repeat but it was enough to crush me with the Resurrect synergy and that high of quality of minions that early. What are your thoughts on this set up Sottle? 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1 September 2016 at 4:28 PM, Allegro said:

Depends on what you're playing against. 

Vs Control, you'd rather avoid playing a loot hoarder early, so you can resurrect better minions. 

Vs Aggro, loot horder is a decent enough minion on the board and repeatedly resurrecting one will get you more cards

 

I've been playing a version of this deck with Barnes. The 1/1 version of Auchenai Soulpriest, Priest of the Feast, or Sylvanus are great, but even a 1/1 Northshire Cleric or Loot Horder is decent enough; and the resurrected versions come back at full strength.

 

Resurrected Barnes would suck though.

Found this deck too hard to master, couldn't even get off the ground at rank 20. Just get annihilated by turn 4 by aggro decks (Hunter, Shaman, Warlock), they just push face damage and I can't keep up killing off minions. Maybe worth including pyromancer Idk. 

Is anyone actually at legend rank with this deck? ?

Edited by Neo111

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Neo111 said:

Is anyone actually at legend rank with this deck? ?

I bet Zetalot is.

Pyromancer is crucial against Aggro, that's for sure. Also stick in Barnes and a couple of big guys like Ragnaros - free wins are cool!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I invested in this deck today. As far as I can see it seems like a fun deck if you dont mind your games lasting a half hour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7.9.2016 at 0:34 AM, Guest K9Rj said:

I invested in this deck today. As far as I can see it seems like a fun deck if you dont mind your games lasting a half hour.

That's the key point here. This deck is not ideal for the initial grind, as with every control deck. You can do it, of course, but you'll be playing the game for a lot longer. Generally, it's better to use an aggro/mid deck to blast through everything in the low ranks, then swap to a control deck when the wins start to actually matter more and you start getting closer to legend.

It's a solid deck, but you will definitely struggle vs. the really strong aggro decks that flood the lower ranks, especially if they draw well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Guest Jonesyy said:

Is there a good replacement for Sylvanas Windrunner ?

Elise? Boulderfist? Emperor Thaurissan? Reno? Stormwind Champion?

Sylvanas Windrunner is just sooo good in this deck. She is good on her own, but the possibility of getting her again for 2 mana is just too good to turn down. I saw some people running Barnes and either Ragnaros the Firelord or Ysera with him. You can also try Cabal Shadow Priest or Excavated Evil/Holy Nova.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, positiv2 said:

 is just sooo good in this deck. She is good on her own, but the possibility of getting her again for 2 mana is just too good to turn down. I saw some people running Barnes and either Ragnaros the Firelord or Ysera with him. You can also try Cabal Shadow Priest or Excavated Evil/Holy Nova.

That's a shame.

Not sure I want to commit to disenchanting 4 legendary cards just to craft Sylvanas Windrunner for this deck

I have all adventure pack cards, but my legendary cards outside of adventure packs are pretty limited.... Leeroy Jenkins only lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jonesyy said:

That's a shame.

Not sure I want to commit to disenchanting 4 legendary cards just to craft Sylvanas Windrunner for this deck

I have all adventure pack cards, but my legendary cards outside of adventure packs are pretty limited.... Leeroy Jenkins only lol

Sylvanas is one of those legendaries that, at least in my opinion, is worth crafting. She can be used in so many decks it's crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jonesyy said:

That's a shame.

Not sure I want to commit to disenchanting 4 legendary cards just to craft Sylvanas Windrunner for this deck

I have all adventure pack cards, but my legendary cards outside of adventure packs are pretty limited.... Leeroy Jenkins only lol

Sylvanas Windrunner is #1 legendary in standard and should have priority over other legendaries. You don't necessarily need to disenchant 4 legendaries. You can simply collect dust from commons and rares over the span of a few months to get her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, positiv2 said:

Sylvanas Windrunner is #1 legendary in standard and should have priority over other legendaries. You don't necessarily need to disenchant 4 legendaries. You can simply collect dust from commons and rares over the span of a few months to get her.

Yeah, but doesn't help much right now when you are bored silly of face hunter for weeks on end and want to play a control deck ;)

If there is no suitable replacement card I'll just have to accept the fact that I'll have to either a) disenchant legendary cards b) disenchant duplicates over a few month c) stick to hunter lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Jonesyy said:

Yeah, but doesn't help much right now when you are bored silly of face hunter for weeks on end and want to play a control deck ;)

If there is no suitable replacement card I'll just have to accept the fact that I'll have to either a) disenchant legendary cards b) disenchant duplicates over a few month c) stick to hunter lol

You just have to accept the monotony. On my NA account, I play only C'thun decks (yes, for all 9 classes) and have over 600 games with them. I haven't played any decks that do not contain C'Thun and I am fine with it. It gets the job done and there are never two same games.

You can temporarily use the cards I listed, but they simply won't be as good as Sylvanas Windrunner. So you can either play suboptimal deck, or stick to hunter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If a deck goes through a major revision, as this one obviously has, do you not even bother with a changelog???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Guest DaveG said:

If a deck goes through a major revision, as this one obviously has, do you not even bother with a changelog???

No, it did not go through a revision. I suppose you mistook decks. You might have been looking for regular control priest, or C'thun/N'Zoth priest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, positiv2 said:

No, it did not go through a revision. I suppose you mistook decks. You might have been looking for regular control priest, or C'thun/N'Zoth priest.

I was 99% sure my previous resurrect deck came from here, but you're probably right. The deck I was using had Barnes, Ysera, NZoth, Cairne, Holy Nova, Excavated Evil etc.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Guest DaveG said:

I was 99% sure my previous resurrect deck came from here, but you're probably right. The deck I was using had Barnes, Ysera, NZoth, Cairne, Holy Nova, Excavated Evil etc.

It's possible that it was Emb's N'zoth priest (reddit post). Our resurrect priest hasn't been changed since we released the guide.
I personally prefer not to run huge minions in resurrect priest and rather focus on stronger early game, which often surprises opponents, especially with control decks, leading to a victory. Which approach do you personally prefer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, positiv2 said:

It's possible that it was Emb's N'zoth priest (reddit post). Our resurrect priest hasn't been changed since we released the guide.
I personally prefer not to run huge minions in resurrect priest and rather focus on stronger early game, which often surprises opponents, especially with control decks, leading to a victory. Which approach do you personally prefer?

Yes, this is it. Sorry to spout off. I do occasionally get decks from hearthstonetopdecks. I do prefer more early game/better curve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive been running barnes to replace sylvannas,would it work?also im a bit hesitant about the loot hoarders, since theres like 4 draws in the deck already.Also i have seen some decks running bog creeper?replace them with 1 entomb maybe?Finally any love for wild pyro?they seem great at clearing aggro decks

Edited by TheEviscerator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheEviscerator said:

Ive been running barnes to replace sylvannas,would it work?

Not really. Ressurecting Barnes himself isn't really great. If he pulls you a 1/1 Injured Blademaster, then it's one more of them in the ressurection pool, which is nice. But for the same price he pulls you a 1/1 Northshire Cleric, which is less nice. Sylvanas Windrunner is an immediate threat, and managing to resurrect her 2-3 times leads to ragequits.

 

1 hour ago, TheEviscerator said:

also im a bit hesitant about the loot hoarders, since theres like 4 draws in the deck already.

You'll need some form of board presence against bumrushers, you can't allow to coast on hero power alone until turn 5-6 against Zoo Lock, Face Hunter (or any other Aggro deck beside Mage who doesn't give a fuck about what you have on the board and just melts your face). 

 

1 hour ago, TheEviscerator said:

Also i have seen some decks running bog creeper?replace them with 1 entomb maybe?

Not Entomb. It is way too useful to turn your opponent's late-game threats against him. If you really want a big taunt minion, remove Darkshire Alchemist. Or Entomb your opponent's Ancient of War or Tirion Fordring.

 

1 hour ago, TheEviscerator said:

Finally any love for wild pyro?they seem great at clearing aggro decks

Holy Nova is better, especially if you manage to have some form of board presence.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Stan

      Two more cards from Knights of the Frozen expansion were revealed and Blizzard communicated why there was just a single card reveal before that. The cards are Ice Breaker and Plague Scientist.
      Three card reveals were scheduled for today and the reveal for the second and third card was delayed and the reason is that those reveals were all with partners that couldn't make it happen today due to various reasons.
      Blizzard (Source)
      We originally had a few more card reveals for today, but the card reveals were all with partners and they unfortunately couldn't happen today due to a variety of issues. But good news! There will be two more card reveals tonight, so please look forward to them. There will also be more card reveals happening every day this week! The first card that was revealed is the Ticking Abomination and here are the next two:
      Shaman's Ice Breaker
      Ice Breaker will synergize well with Frost Shock and we'll have to see Freeze effects of other cards first to determine its usefulness and full potential. Ice Breaker will be good for minion removal combined with Glacial Shard. For now, the card looks better than Shatter.

      Picture is a courtesy of Hearthpwn
      Rogue's Plague Scientist
      Provides Rogues with much needed board clear (hard removal). Synergizes well with Tentacle of N'Zoth, Wild Pyromancer. On the other hand for Constructed, it competes with Vilespine Slayer and SI:7 Agent that both seem to be better choices.

      Picture is a courtesy of Hearthpwn
       
    • By Oxygen

      The first card since the initial annoucement for Knights of the Frozen Throne has been revealed by C4mlann earlier this morning.
      Let's take a look at the first KotFT card officially revealed by C4mlann.

       
      Blizzard kicks off the reveal with a card that seems unplayable in all currently popular decks, and subpar in arena. Although some players have suggested silence priest as a potential target, Ticking Abomination is actually detrimental to play without a form of silence in hand, unlike other popular silence targets. The caveat here is that since this is one the first card revealed, we don't actually know what's in store. Might there be a way to transfer Deathrattle effects to enemy minions? Will KotFT control decks play no minion before turn 5? One potential use for this one might lie in "forcing" your opponent to trigger your own Deathrattle effects with a high value card, but we'll have to wait and see. We might even see something that gives Deathrattle effects Lifesteal, the expansion's new mechanic, for some minion-based healing.
      For more information, please check out our guide to the new Hearthstone expansion.
    • By Vlad
      This thread is for comments about our Destruction Warlock PvP guide for Legion.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Inarius Skeletons Necromancer build guide.
    • By Zadina

      A new Tavern Brawl has been introduced this week by Ahune the Frost Lord himself.
      In this Brawl, you will play as either Uther or Jaina. They both have premade decks and Uther is reportedly slightly better than Jaina, which is interesting since Mage usually dominates in Tavern Brawls.
      Here is Uther's deck:
      Jaina uses a Reno deck, minus the Reno:
      Both heroes are immune to damage and they cannot be healed nor keep armor. The only way to damage them is by killing the Ragnaros? minions. These are 1/4 minions and there is one of them at each side of the board. They cannot attack and upon death they deal 4 damage to the opponent of the current player. This means that you can kill both minions (the one on your side and the one on your opponent's side) and your opponent will take all the damage. Moreover, once a Ragnaros? dies, a new one will appear thus making it possible to kill multiple of them in one turn.

      Some tips you should know:
      If the game reaches the fatigue stage, in the next round the enemy that has the least amount of health will automatically die and their opponent will be crowned as the winner. At the moment, Ice Block and Eye for an Eye seem to be bugged and they are not working as intended. This will be fixed soon. Bomb Squad and Ancient Curse deal no actual damage to you, so don't be afraid! This is the 110th Brawl and it's part of the Frost Festival. If you want to find out more about the Frost Festival, check our main article on it.