FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

Quest Hunter Deck List

22 minutes ago, FanOfValeera said:

Don't have Bittertide Hydra and Stampede. Can I go with the second Eaglehorn Bow and Igneous Elemental/Tracking/any other one drop, maybe even Unleash the Hounds to work with Cult Master?

If you don't have those, I would actually drop the Tracking I think. The other suggestions all make sense. The tracking is largely in the deck because of the 1-ofs.

Guest John Peter

I dont have the Kara expansion , what should i replace kindly grandmother with? thanks ;)

Hi there! I am trying to make a strong competitive hunter quest deck, and i used yours to inspire me. Great deck and guide btw. I have a few questions about the deck list:

Why are you not using Rat Pack ? It is a great card that helps in keeping control of the battlefield and even when removed the deathrattle helps. 

I find Timber Wolf a great 1 drop creature, it gives great sinergy with Alleycat and Rat Pack as well as the other beasts, it helps you in finishing the quest, and in the late game it can boost more the Carnassa's Brood. Have you tried it and for some reason took it off?

I feel that the deck might be needing a few higher drops, perhaps something like Savannah Highmane or Swamp King Dred so the deck won't run out of steam. What do you think about it?

Since the quest prizes the player with big creatures and quite some players are making decks with quests, don't you fell that the deck needs something to kill big creatures, like Stubborn Gastropod (it could even have charge if you have a Tundra Rhino on camp) or Deadly Shot?

Have you tried a second Stampede on the deck? I feel this is the best drawing card that this deck can have because of it's sinergy and the low mana cost.

6 hours ago, Guest John Peter said:

I dont have the Kara expansion , what should i replace kindly grandmother with? thanks ;)

Unleash the Hounds should be fine.

38 minutes ago, Kusky said:

Why are you not using Rat Pack ? It is a great card that helps in keeping control of the battlefield and even when removed the deathrattle helps. 

The card is good, but there are currently better cards to run, making Rat Pack a "budget" swap, just like Unleash the Hounds.

40 minutes ago, Kusky said:

I find Timber Wolf a great 1 drop creature, it gives great sinergy with Alleycat and Rat Pack as well as the other beasts, it helps you in finishing the quest, and in the late game it can boost more the Carnassa's Brood. Have you tried it and for some reason took it off?

Timber Wolf isn't strong on its own and requires you to have a board, which can be difficult in aggro and faster midrange matchups. Without Unleash the Hounds you don't have a strong combo against control decks either.

42 minutes ago, Kusky said:

I feel that the deck might be needing a few higher drops, perhaps something like Savannah Highmane or Swamp King Dred so the deck won't run out of steam. What do you think about it?

Probably not in the current meta, but if your micrometa allows it, sure.

43 minutes ago, Kusky said:

Since the quest prizes the player with big creatures and quite some players are making decks with quests, don't you fell that the deck needs something to kill big creatures, like Stubborn Gastropod (it could even have charge if you have a Tundra Rhino on camp) or Deadly Shot?

If your opponent is taking a whole turn to play a big minion, you need to capitalize on it. If you face control decks almost all the time, you can sub in one Hunter's Mark.

45 minutes ago, Kusky said:

Have you tried a second Stampede on the deck? I feel this is the best drawing card that this deck can have because of it's sinergy and the low mana cost.

It's situational. You cannot play it in the early game, as you won't be able to combo it, and you do not need to play it in the late-game thanks to the drawing power of Carnassa's Brood. Again, if you face a lot of control, you can sub it in.

Explosive trap works better for me then eaglehorn bow. It is working well against new murloc shaman deck and still attacks enemy hero.

I am also having problems with new rouqe and warrior decks. Good jade druid deck is also hard to beat unless i get ideal draw. 

What about adding dispatch kodo?

3 hours ago, TheJackal said:

Explosive trap works better for me then eaglehorn bow. It is working well against new murloc shaman deck and still attacks enemy hero.

I am also having problems with new rouqe and warrior decks. Good jade druid deck is also hard to beat unless i get ideal draw. 

What about adding dispatch kodo?

Dispatch Kodo could work, though I would suggest Swamp King Dred instead, against the taunt warrior.

Guest Hahxudj

I've just tried out a hybrid pirate hunter quest deck with some traps to keeps control of the board. Some of the cards I use in the deck are two southsea deckhands, two blood sail corsairs (for pirate warriors), patches the pirate and of course two eagle horn bows. Having two explosive traps hasn't helped a lot coming against other aggro decks.

On 10/4/2017 at 7:54 PM, positiv2 said:

As said above, if your opponent is able to clear the board, this card significantly lowers the chance of winning. If your opponent is able to clear one-for-one you beasts, you will still be losing face damage, which is pretty bad for an aggro deck. If you are unlucky and do not draw into your beasts early, or are unable to squeeze in the hero power, you are, again, worse off. 
So, I do not recommend adding the card to the deck.

agree , totally , Dinomancy is viable inside another type of deck , you need deathrattles for Dinomancy , as positiv2 said , if the enemy is capable to clear your board , Dinomancy does not help

Edited by OroNerVoSo

Guest Someone

Can you use an alternate card for Kindy Grandmother? I don’t have Karazhan so is there another card you can replace it with?

14 hours ago, Guest Someone said:

Can you use an alternate card for Kindy Grandmother? I don’t have Karazhan so is there another card you can replace it with?

On 12/4/2017 at 2:22 AM, positiv2 said:

Unleash the Hounds should be fine.

It was a little upper :)

• Like 1