FORUMS
Damien

Ramp Druid Deck List

Guest Bob Loblaw

This deck looks like it'd be fun, but without a lucky barnes proc, I can't see it standing up to aggro.  Murloc Shaman, Quest Rogue, and Pirate Warrior all seem like they would annihilate this.  Gonna spend the ~800 or so dust I need to craft and try it - hopefully I'm wrong.

11 hours ago, Guest Bob Loblaw said:

This deck looks like it'd be fun, but without a lucky barnes proc, I can't see it standing up to aggro.  Murloc Shaman, Quest Rogue, and Pirate Warrior all seem like they would annihilate this.  Gonna spend the ~800 or so dust I need to craft and try it - hopefully I'm wrong.

Druid decks have always always historically had their issues and this deck is no different.  As with Druid decks of the past, it typically involves stabilizing at a low life total and as a result the extra few damage taking from sub-optimal play can give your opponent the damage they need, making the match-ups feel worse than they actually are.

• Like 1

I've had some fun with it for sure.  It's not as bad against Pirate Warrior as I thought it would be.  I don't think I've beat a single questing rogue yet, though.  By the time I've ramped up he's already got the cadre of 5/5's out.

14 hours ago, cooolconnor said:

If you have enough dust to craft this I don't like you

I have enough dust and cards to make this deck - sorry :P
Don't worry, you will be able to make expensive decks after some time as well. Play a lot, learn arena, and gain massive value from arena games. It's all about patience, as it helps you grind for longer and improve your skill, resulting in the aforementioned arena value.

4 hours ago, Guest Colonel Mojo said:

Excellent Deck, thanks

We are happy you like it. How far have you gotten with it?

Guest andrew

if you are having trouble with aggro, tech in spreading plague, card is nuts. they will get through the wall of taunts but by then you will be dropping bombs. I removed mulch and feral rage to make space. seems like ultimate infestation might also be a good idea. perhaps in place of aviana.

Guest MadDictator

I really like Safta's Taunt Druid deck! I don't like the Living Mana though; it's too often either dead in hand or when you play it, you have not enough mana to play your combo's the next (few) turns. The double Crypt Lord is problematic. Often, you find yourself playing Druid of the Swarm at turn 2 and to play another 1 attack minion often gives struggle for the board. I swapped one for a Tar Creeper and that runs a lot better against aggro. Also Tar Creeper becomes a 7/9 during opponent's turn after playing Bonemare which makes it kill nearly anything that attacks it.

I have been trying Claw instead of Wrath, as I feel the latter is kinda underpowered with 3 damage for 2 mana and the deck already has way more than enough card draw from Nourish and Ultimate Infestation. In this specific deck Claw gets insane value as many of its great combo's are 9 mana. Claw allows me to further push the board advantage. Example: playing Malfurion the Pestilent for 7, using hero power for 2 mana, playing Claw for the final 1 mana, adding 2 1/5 taunts to the board AND doing 5 damage.

Mire Keeper has been a problematic card in the deck. When you go for the mana, you fall behind on the board too much, waiting to get the cards for a combo going. When you go for the 2/2 slime, both minions are too easy to remove by AoE spells. Basically without Fandral Staghelm the card is kinda useless.

The deck lacks any alternatives for 4 mana, as you need to play Strongshell Scavenger with at least a taunt minion on the board to get same stats for mana as a Chillwind Yeti. And since we played 2 minions with 1 attack, this is often where we'll lose the board. I think it's a flawed approach to ramp to get to your combo's when you can play a strong minion on turn 4 (or at 4 mana) and control the board by trading as if you rely on drawing your combo cards to fight back you will often be down too much before they arrive. I don't own Fandral Staghelm so at 4 mana I have just the Scavengers, 2 Sen'Jin Shieldmasta and a Chillwind Yeti. The Yeti dominates against priest with its 4 attack damage. I tried Saronite Chain Gang but this card is only strong if you can play it and buff it immediately, so it turned out to be a Mire Keeper that slightly sticks to the board better. I tried Violet Teacher but it's counterproductive towards Spreading Plague. I plan to replace the Sen'Jin Shieldmasta's with Shellshifter as it would be a waste to not have the extra option to be 5/3.

I also have been running a single Savage Roar as a finisher, as Spreading Plague and Strongshell Scavenger combo often puts them close to lethal range when having the card available and late game often having 2-4 minions on the board at least. With Savage Roar, Claw and Hero Power, you do 7 damage with hero already.

This deck gave me great inspiration and with > 70% winrate I am shooting upwards through ranks. Thanks a lot!

Guest Belphie

I removed innervate for E Ravens, and a Power of the Wild and Living Mana for 2 Mark of Y'Sharjj. The package is faster in general, and the 1/5 scarabs are all beasts so there's some synergy. Should I craft a Living Mana? Is it that great a comeback mechanic?

13 hours ago, Guest Belphie said:

I removed innervate for E Ravens, and a Power of the Wild and Living Mana for 2 Mark of Y'Sharjj. The package is faster in general, and the 1/5 scarabs are all beasts so there's some synergy. Should I craft a Living Mana? Is it that great a comeback mechanic?

It's not really a comeback card. It's a card you want to use when you need to apply pressure, or generally when you need to generate a big board. When coupled with AoE buffs, it is a strong finisher when you are slowly running out of steam. So, if you have no problems sealing a game, you don't need to craft the card. If you do, the card might be just what you need.

Guest TheKeck

Just tried the deck with Witching Hour and Hadronox. I dropped the one which is supposed to the summon the other and was surprised to be looking at 1/5 Scarab from Malfurion. Oops. Forgot about some other beasts that can be introduced. 

I played a bit Taunt Druid, since WW was released, before I saw the list here. I played different versions and all are doing better without Malfurion the Pestilent when using Witching Hour, or using Malfurion but then no Witching Hour. I think those two exclude each other, it feels totally awkward to have a Malfurion in hand but you don't want to play it because of Witching Hour or even worse to play a Witching Hour and get a 1/5 or 1/2 back.

I used 1x Ultimate Infestation instead. Also I cut Dragonhatcher for a Dollmaster Dorian, not sure that is great though :D