Table of Contents
Claw is a Druid-only spell. 2 copies of this card are given to you with the Basic set of the game. You receive a golden version of this card for reaching Level 32 and 34 with Druid. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Claw is a reasonable card for controlling the early threats of your opponent. However, it has recently been outclassed by Living Roots which is a much more versatile card, released in The Grand Tournament set. Living Roots can bypass Taunt, as well as receive a bonus from Spell Damage, and be used for the alternate purpose of generating a board presence, none of which can be achieved by Claw
2. Constructed Play
Originally, Claw was viewed as a valid choice for a Druid deck looking to fight back against an aggressive meta. However, since more cards such as Darnassus Aspirant and Living Roots have been released, Claw has been relegated to the sidelines as there are better early-game options available.
Claw is a reasonable card in Arena. As mentioned, Claw was previously viewed as a valid card, but was forced out of the format as better options became available. Since you will not always be granted these perfect options in Arena, picking a Claw can still do a job for you in the early-game.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Blood Razor & Prince Taldaram
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Blood-Queen Lana'thel
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Ice Breaker & Plague Scientist
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal - Ticking Abomination
- Russel Brower Leaves Blizzard
- Tavern Brawl: Ahune's Superior Brawl
- The Frost Festival Is Upon Us!
- The Lich King Opens Up an Ice Cream Shop [Video]
- The Rate/Improve my deck thread.
- Cheap Mage Standard
- HoF Discussions
- Curse of Naxxramas Arachnid Quarter
- Budget Jade Druid Standard
- How to combat jade druid / earthen scales
- Quest Rogue Meta (Post Nerf)
- Caverns below nerfed...what about Fire Plume's Heart???