Warrior DPS Season of Mastery Phase 5 Gear
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items from Tier 2.5 / AQ40 and AQ20 for your Warrior DPS in WoW Classic's Season of Mastery. For pre-raid gearing advice, please refer to our Warrior DPS Pre-Raid Gearing and Best in Slot guide for the Season of Mastery.
Gearing Strategy for DPS Warriors in the Season of Mastery
While a clear best in slot (BiS) list is always available in WoW Classic Season of Mastery (SoM), the items contained might be extremely hard or expensive to get. Depending on your race, you might want different items as well, as Swords or Maces are more powerful for Humans, due to Sword Specialization and Mace Specialization, and Axes are more powerful for Orcs, due to Axe Specialization.
Thus, we will try to give at least one alternative, for most slots in the list, so that you can pick where and how to farm them.
DPS Warrior Pre-Raid Best in Slot (BiS) List
In order to get ready for raiding, it is recommended that you follow this guide in order to learn which gear to gather for maximizing DPS before ever setting foot in raids, and probably also before getting your first epic loot. Even so, expect to get a few pieces that you will have a hard time replacing, such as Diamond Flask and Hand of Justice.
DPS Warrior Raid Best in Slot (BiS) List for Phase 5 (Ahn'Qiraj)
This is the gear we recommend for Warriors in the AQ40 patch. While casters gain a larger power boost in this tier than melee, DPS Warriors continue to be the best DPS in WoW Classic, especially when execute damage is critical to success, such as when facing Princess Huhuran.
Warriors Tier 2.5, Conqueror's Battlegear lacks useful bonuses for DPS Warriors and its pieces will be considered for their stats alone.
- The 3-set bonus reduces the Rage cost of your shouts by 35%. This represents a very minor Rage gain over a long fight, and only if you are the shouting Warrior in your group. Because shouts have more utility in PvP situations, it can be a great PvP bonus.
- The 5-set bonus increases the slow and damage of Thunderclap by 50%. This still does not make it worth using, especially when Thunderfury is available to your raid group.
As always, try to have at least 305 weapon skill with your weapon in order to benefit from a huge boost to your damage, using gear such as Edgemaster's Handguards to hit that magic number if needed.
Your special (yellow) attack hit cap is 6% when you have 305+ weapon skill (vs 9% without), so make sure to mix and match our suggested gear in order to hit this cap. Going over it will still grant you some DPS value while dual wielding, just not as much as hitting the yellow hit cap.
PvP gear is also some of the best for PvE, but we will not be listing it below as it takes a lot of effort to gather and players who do so are generally experienced enough to know how to compare it against their alternative gear sets.
Other Useful Phase 5 Gear for DPS Warriors
Nature Resistance Gear for DPS Warriors
As a melee player, DPS Warriors will be required to use as much Nature Resistance gear as they can for Princess Huhuran and Viscidus (if allowed into his room at all). Read this guide to figure out where to find such gear, and which pieces to wear!
Warrior PvP Best in Slot Gear
If you would prefer to gear for PvP, you can find our Warrior PvP BiS guide below.
Since weapons are such a broad topic, we have written a full guide about Warrior weapons.
Special Gear for DPS Warriors
Some items, which are not powerful enough to be in the best in slot list, have special properties that make them very valuable to acquire for specific encounters or as a weapon swap mid-fight. We will list the most notable special items for the current phase, and their effects and application below:
- Annihilator (or the less expensive, less powerful Rivenspike and Bashguuder) allows you to reduce an enemy's armor by up to 600 for your whole group, making it a very powerful weapon swap. Use it at the start of an encounter to quickly full debuff the boss, and then swap to your normal weapon to take advantage of the lowered armor.
- Gnomish Battle Chicken summons a chicken that attacks your enemies for 1.5 minutes, with a cooldown of 30 minutes. The chicken scales with your Engineering skill (Level 60 at 300 skill), and buffs your group with 5% increased Attack Speed through Battle Squawk. This is what makes it well worth using while grouped.
- Arcanite Dragonling summons a dragon that attacks your enemies for up to 1 minute, with a cooldown of one hour. The dragon scales with your Engineering skill (Level 60 at 300 skill) and causes a stacking debuff that increases Fire damage taken, which makes it worth using in later raids to boost Fire Mage damage.
- Skull of Impending Doom is given as a quest reward from completing Forbidden Knowledge in the Badlands. While generally undesirable, if you need to run somewhere fast, it can be a useful item to have.
- Furbolg Medicine Pouch is sold by Gorn One Eye when you reach Honored status with Timbermaw Hold. This is a great item that you can swap during combat to provide you with a significant 1000 heal over 10 seconds. For comparison's sake, Heavy Runecloth Bandage heals you for 2000 over 8 seconds, but requires you to channel it, and you cannot take any sort of damage in the channel duration.
- Tidal Charm allows you to instantly stun an enemy for 3 seconds. It has a 50% drop chance from Prince Nazjak, who spawns around 25,84 in Arathi Highlands. Due to his very high respawn timer it might be hard to get this trinket, but the stun it provides is a life saver and duel winner.
- Linken's Boomerang allows you to potentially disarm or stun an enemy when used, which makes it useful in certain scenarios, especially in PvP. Its rewarded from the Un'Goro Crater quest It's Dangerous to Go Alone.
- Luffa removes a bleed effect, such as Garrote, from yourself when used. You get this item from the Searing Gorge quest Incendosaurs? Whateverosaur is More Like It.
- The Alliance-only Crystal of Zin-Malor allows you to kill yourself easily, and you do not get durability loss if you die from its effect. This can occasionally be useful, such as when you regret getting on a fly path after you are already flying or if you need to talk with the Blackrock Depths key ghost NPC. You get it from starting the quest Tormented By the Past.
Other Best in Slot Lists
As this list is meant to be used for DPS Warriors in WoW Classic's Season of Mastery, we have created separate gear lists for those interested in optimizing themselves for the "main" branch of Classic instead. If you are not playing in the Season of Mastery, it is recommended that you consult this gear hub instead. In case you still need them, we have also included links to other phases of our Season of Mastery gear lists.
- 30 Apr. 2022: Page added for Season of Mastery Phase 5.
- Changes to Death Knight Character Creation Restrictions Coming
- Free Character Transfers in Wrath Classic: March 3rd
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: March 1st
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 24th
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 21st
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 16th
- Season of Mastery Realms Closing This Week, Transfers Open
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 9th