Classic Priest Healer Stat Priority
On this page, you will find out the optimal PvE stat priority for your Priest Healer in WoW Classic. We first present the stat priority, before delving into more complex explanations.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Classic Holy Priest stat priority.
The Basics of Stats for Healing Priests
The below stat priorities are mainly intended to be used for PvE content. For PvP, you may want to balance your stats differently depending on your playstyle. However, the stat priorities are still suitable to follow as a guideline for all situations.
Stat Priority for Healing Priest
- Healing Power
- Mana per 5 seconds (Mp5)
- Spell Crit
Stat Explanation for Healing Priest
Healing Power allows you to downrank your spells more effectively, which increases your Mana sustain significantly if you have enough of them.
Healing Power increases the healing of your spells by an amount depending on the coefficient of the spell. This is usually indicated on gear in the following way: "Increases healing done by spells and effects by up to X"
To better understand how spell coefficients and Healing Power interact with one another, let us look at the actual spell coefficients of our most important healing spells first:
- Renew - 1
- Greater Heal - 0.8571
- Flash Heal - 0.4285
- Heal - 0.8571
- Power Word: Shield - 0.10
- Prayer of Healing - 0.2857
Every spell benefits differently from Healing Power because of these coefficients. The coefficient is calculated by dividing the cast time of a spell by 3.5; this is because a 3.5 second cast benefits 100% from any added Healing Power. For example, if you have 20 additional Healing Power from gear, then this will simply affect your healing spells as follows:
- heal increase = n * 20
- n = spell coefficient
Mana Per 5 (Mp5)
Mana per 5 seconds is particularly useful because it continues to work while you are casting, making it useful for situations where you have to be casting a lot.
Spirit increases your Mana regeneration while not casting and, if you have taken Spiritual Guidance in the Holy tree, it also converts up to 25% of your total spirit to Spell Power.
Whenever Mana is spent for any reason at all, your Mana regeneration gets halted for 5 seconds. During these 5 seconds, any regeneration based on Spirit does not happen, unless you have certain talents to partially counteract this. As a Priest, you can spec into Meditation, as an example of this. Note that the rule of needing to have Mana spent means that you can safely cancel casts before they finish, as that will not incur the 5-second rule.
Intellect increases your maximum Mana and improves your chance to critically strike with spells. As a Priest, every 59.2 points of Intellect increases your chance to critically strike by 1%.
Spell Critical Strike
Spell Crit increases the chance of your spells to deal a critical strike. This is not that useful for a healing Priest because this tends to just mean overhealing, if you are playing properly.
Stamina is the only stat that will help you survive all types of attacks, and as such, should always be highly valued.
Resistance, while inherently niche due to different bosses dealing different magical damage types, can be very useful while progressing specific bosses. Wearing resistance gear of a type makes you take less damage or even completely avoid damage when hit by that type of magical damage.
- 09 Aug. 2019: Guide added.
- Upcoming Burning Crusade Classic Realm Consolidation: August 10th
- Free Character Moves from Firemaw
- The Burning Crusade Classic Character Clone Service Retiring Soon
- World First Classic Sunwell Plateau Kill Claimed by Old School
- The Sunwell Plateau Is Now Live on Burning Crusade Classic
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Guides Now Live
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 5th
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Arrives May 10th
- Healing Druids (Moonglow/NG) - Crit Chance
- Jolteon 1 - Pendulum of DOOM PvP - Level 39 BiS Enhancement Shaman TBC
- Jailer is in ICC!
- Icy Veins Talent Sequence Addon
- Shaman Tank comprehensive guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Classic Season of Mastery as a proficient Shaman Tank
- Melee Hunter Guide - Playing World of Warcraft as a Melee Hunter
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank