Classic Priest Healer Gear and Best in Slot
On this page, you will find the best PvE gear and best in slot items for your Priest Healer in WoW Classic.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Classic Holy Priest gear and best in slot.
Gearing Strategy for Healing Priests
To allow for easier gearing up both before and after your enter raids, the gear talked about below will often suggest alternate viable items for the same slot, to help provide significant power in a particular slot even if it is not the absolute best item.
Season of Mastery Lists
As WoW Classic's Season of Mastery consists of Phases that are separate from the regular branch of Classic, we have created unique gear lists for its pre-raid and Phases. In addition, you may find it useful to look over our Fire Resistance Gear guide for your specialization, which is applicable for either version of Classic.
Raid Best in Slot (BiS) List for Holy and Discipline Priests
Healing Priest Tier 3, Vestments of Faith, is one of the more underwhelming sets and is generally considered not worth losing the Tier 2 bonus for. You should keep running Tier 2 3-set throughout your Naxxramas progression and fill around it with the best available items.
Tier 2 8-set will come into play on various bosses in Naxxramas if you have it, including Loatheb, Sapphiron and Kel'Thuzad. For Loatheb, it allows you to provide additional healing in the limited windows, for Sapphiron and Kel'Thuzad it allows increased efficient healing on these high healing, long encounters.
Specifically for Sapphiron, your gear may change slightly depending on your guild's requirements, strategy and composition. Whether you choose to run no Frost Resist or choose to run 80 or more, suggestions on which slots to prioritise are discussed further down below the Best In Slot list. If you have Tier 2 8-set, you may also be called on for your mana efficient raid healing which is key to successfully defeating Sapphiron.
Once you have cleared Naxxramas and have it on farm, you will gradually end up replacing all of your Tier 2 items with the items listed below.
** Note 1: The Amulet of the Fallen God from C'Thun was a highly contested item with most casters wanting it. If you were unable to obtain one in AQ40 then the Necklace of Necropsy is a fantastic alternative.
Holy and Discipline Priest PvP Best in Slot Gear
You can find our recommended gear for PvPing as a Holy and Discipline Priest in the link below.
Frost Resistance Gear for Holy and Discipline Priests
The main fight Frost Resistance gear is desired for is Sapphiron in Naxxramas. Whether you choose to run no Frost Resist, or choose to run 100 or more, the list below will help you prioritise how you can obtain your desired Frost Resistance. As a general guide to balance both healing throughput and manage the incoming damage we suggest you obtain around 70-80 Frost Resistance on gear. This is then supplemented with enchants and consumables to further reduce the frost damage taken.
Keep in mind if you have Tier 2 8-set you may also be called on for your mana efficient raid healing which is key to successfully defeating Sapphiron.
Pre-Raid Best in Slot (BiS) List for Holy and Discipline Priests
In order to prepare your Priest healer for raiding, you will need to collect gear from pre-raid activities, such as dungeons. The page below shows the best-in-slot for Priest healers without any raid loot available to them.
- 02 Dec. 2020: Updated for Phase 6 release.
- 09 Aug. 2020: Updated for Phase 5 with BiS alternatives.
- 16 Apr. 2020: Updated for Phase 4 ZG release.
- 09 Mar. 2020: Reworked format of guide.
- 14 Feb. 2020: Fixed some missing gear options.
- 11 Feb. 2020: Updated for Phase 3 BWL release.
- 11 Dec. 2019: Added link to PvP BiS.
- 14 Oct. 2019: Updated for Dire Maul release and added Raid BiS.
- 23 Sep. 2019: Healing BiS list updated.
- 09 Aug. 2019: Guide added.
- Gnomeregan Trinket Sends Player to Forbidden Zones in SoD Phase 2
- Season of Discovery Hotfixes: February 20th
- Blizzard Acknowledges Gnomeregan Raid Lockout Bug
- Blizzard on AoE Threat in SoD Phase 2
- Season of Discovery and Classic Era Hotfixes: February 16th
- Additional Tuning Coming to Priests in Season of Discovery
- Gnomeregan SoD DPS and Healer Rankings: Week 1
- SoD Subjugate Demon Nerf Due to 5-Minute Control of Metamorphosis Warlocks