Classic Priest Healer Gear and Best in Slot
On this page, you will find the best PvE gear and best in slot items for your Priest Healer in WoW Classic.
Gearing Strategy for Healing Priests
To allow for easier gearing up both before and after your enter raids, the gear talked about below will often suggest alternate viable items for the same slot, to help provide significant power in a particular slot even if it is not the absolute best item.
If you are looking to gear up your Priest for healing in PvP, you can check out our PvP BiS Guide below.
WoW Classic Phases
As stated by Blizzard, WoW Classic will have six phases, starting with Molten Core, Onyxia's Lair, and Maraudon, and ending with Naxxramas and the Scourge Invasion. This guide currently aims to focus on Phase 1 which is particularly relevant as a lot of typical pre-raid Best in Slot gear will eventually come from here once it is released.
Pre-Raid Best in Slot (BiS) List for Holy and Discipline Priests
|One-Hand||The Hammer of Grace||Seven Dwarves in Blackrock Depths|
**Note: Some slots such as Helm, Cloak, Wrists, Gloves and Wand have "of Healing" items that drop either randomly from some bosses, or as uncommon greens found throughout the world. These often have a very high Healing Power bonus and are good choices while gearing up for raid.
Raid Best in Slot (BiS) List for Holy and Discipline Priests
|One-Hand||Aurastone Hammer||Garr in Molten Core|
** Note 1: You should be looking to obtain 3 of the Prophecy set items for the reduced cast time on Flash Heal the 3-set bonus provides.
**** Note 3: While Cauterizing Band is not unique and can be equipped in both ring slots, it can be difficult to obtain two. Fordring's Seal is a great replacement for the second slot until you can obtain your second Cauterizing Band.
***** Note 4: Hide of the Wild is the best cloak obtainable at the moment, however if you are unable to afford to purchase the materials or a crafted cloak, Cloak of the Cosmos is a less powerful alternative.
Fire Resistance Gear for Healing Priests
While doing Molten Core and Onyxia's Lair, you will likely need some Fire Resistance gear, especially for Ragnaros. Below lists some of the various pieces you can obtain in both dungeons and raids to gain some additional fire resistance.
|Helm||Starfire Tiara||Jed Runewatcher in Upper Blackrock Spire|
|Neck||Drakefire Amulet||Onyxia's Lair Attunement Quest|
|Cloak||Cape of the Fire Salamander||Ambassador Flamelash in Blackrock Depths|
|Boots||Dragonrider Boots||Warchief Rend Blackhand in Upper Blackrock Spire|
|Waist||Girdle of Prophecy||BoE drop from Molten Core|
|Wrists||Flarecore Wraps||Magmadar in Molten Core|
- 11 Dec. 2019: Added link to PvP BiS.
- 14 Oct. 2019: Updated for Dire Maul release and added Raid BiS.
- 23 Sep. 2019: Healing BiS list updated.
- 09 Aug. 2019: Guide added.
- Mists of Pandaria and WC3: Reforged 8K Upscaled Cinematics
- Diablo 2 Median XL Mod Patch 1.40 Released
- Path of Diablo (2) Season 9 Brings a New Skill, Widescreen Support, Trade 2.0 and More
- WoW Classic Phase 3 Release Date for Blackwing Lair and More
- Warcraft 3: Reforged and StarCraft 2 Join the ESL
- WoW Classic "Not a Bug" List Update: January 7th
- WoW Classic Hotfixes: January 7th
- Diablo 2 Fan Remaster / Upscale Project
- 3rd Pet
- Shaman Tank Guide - Serious Look at Shaman Tanking in World of Warcraft
- Knights Who Say Ni @ Staghelm
- Quests Completed for Classic
- Hunter Ranged weapon recommendation is wrong
- [A][US][Kromcrush]Retrofeels | WoW Classic | Tues | 7:30 PM-10:30 PM ET
- Pet Aggro vs Hunter Aggro
- Weapon swing Timers