Classic Elemental Shaman DPS Enchants and Consumables
On this page, we list the best enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Elemental Shaman DPS in WoW Classic for PvE content.
Best Enchants for Elemental Shamans
|Head||Arcanum of Focus — from the quest Libram of Focus in Dire Maul|
|Shoulders||Chromatic Mantle of the Dawn|
|Back||Enchant Cloak - Greater Resistance|
|Chest||Enchant Chest - Greater Stats|
|Wrists||Enchant Bracer - Mana Regeneration|
|Legs||Arcanum of Focus — from the quest Libram of Focus in Dire Maul|
|Feet||Enchant Boots - Minor Speed|
|Weapon||Enchant Weapon - Spell Power on DPS weapon, Enchant Weapon - Healing Power on healing weapon swap|
|Shield||Enchant Shield - Greater Stamina|
Best Consumables for Elemental Shamans
Maximizing your performance in WoW Classic is all about consumables. There are a lot of them (usually they stack) and using them all can have a bigger impact than a full tier of gear upgrades.
Despite this, getting all of the consumables we will mention in this page is extremely expensive, and as such, we will provide a quick list of the best, cheapest and most reliable consumables first, ordered by the priority you should use and buy them in. Because Elemental Shamans struggle particularly hard with Mana, using consumables that help with that will be a priority.
- Major Mana Potion (Elemental Shamans struggle particularly hard with Mana, hence these potions will increase your DPS substantially).
- Nightfin Soup (very cheap, and has a good impact on Mana issues).
- Heavy Runecloth Bandage (very cheap, can easily save your life in an emergency).
- Greater Arcane Elixir / Arcane Elixir are both very powerful for their cost.
- Flask of Supreme Power (the best consumable, but also the most expensive).
- Greater Fire Protection Potion / Fire Protection Potion for Fire damage bosses.
Elemental Shaman Exhaustive Consumable List
This list will explain what each possible consumable does, and how to get it.
Long Buff Consumables for Elemental Shamans
- Flask of Supreme Power increases your spell damage by 150 for 2 hours, and persists through death, making it the most powerful consumable in the game for damage. Unfortunately, it is very expensive to create, and you can only have 1 flask active at any given time, so only use this for big occasions. It is crafted through Alchemy.
- Greater Arcane Elixir increases your spell damage by 35 for 1 hour. This is crafted through Alchemy. You can also use the weaker and cheaper Arcane Elixir.
- Cerebral Cortex Compound increases your Intellect by 25 for 1 hour. While using this item triggers a 1-hour cooldown on similar items (such as Gizzard Gum), you can still stack the different buffs together by logging out, which will make the cooldown go down, but not the duration of the buff on your character. You get this item from completing Infallible Mind (repeatable quest) in the Blasted Lands.
- Nightfin Soup increases your Mana regeneration per 5 seconds, which has full benefit inside combat. It is crafted with Cooking.
- Monster Omelet and similar foods increase your Stamina and Spirit by 12 for 15 minutes. This is crafted with Cooking.
- Rumsey Rum Black Label increases your Stamina by 15 for 15 minutes. This is obtained through Fishing.
- Elixir of Fortitude increases your max health by 120 for 1 hour. This is crafted through Alchemy.
- Lung Juice Cocktail increases your Stamina by 25 for 1 hour. While using this item triggers a 1-hour cooldown on similar items (such as Cerebral Cortex Compound), you can still stack the different buffs together by logging out, which will make the cooldown go down, but not the duration of the buff on your character. You get this item from completing Spirit of the Boar (repeatable quest) in the Blasted Lands.
Health and Mana Recovery Consumables for Elemental Shamans
Potions all share a cooldown in Classic. You cannot use multiple potions at the same time, and when you use a potion, it will start the cooldown for all potions. That being said, it is still useful to have multiple potions in your bags for different situations. Being in combat does not affect your potion cooldown or availability.
- Major Healing Potion (and its weaker, lower level counterparts) restores health when used. Crafted through Alchemy.
- Major Mana Potion restores Mana when used. Crafted through Alchemy.
- Demonic Rune restores Mana in exchange for health and drops from demons in the world, such as Azshara and Felwood Satyrs, or Felguard Elites in Blasted Lands.
- Major Healthstone restores health when used and is created by Warlocks.
- Whipper Root Tuber also restores health. Get it from cleansed plants in Felwood.
- Night Dragon's Breath works and is obtained in the same way as Whipper Root Tuber, but also restores Mana.
- Heavy Runecloth Bandage restores health when used, but requires a channeling period for the full heal, which is interrupted by damage. It is crafted through First Aid.
Fire Resistance Consumables for Elemental Shamans
- Greater Fire Protection Potion (and the weaker / cheaper Fire Protection Potion) gives you a buff that absorbs a significant amount of Fire damage for one hour, but is depleted once enough damage is taken. This is crafted through Alchemy.
- Juju Ember increases your Fire Resistance by 15. All types of Juju can be farmed in a party or raid group for maximum efficiency, as they drop for all players in the group when enemies are killed. This is a repeatable quest reward given by Witch Doctor Mau'ari in Everlook, Winterspring.
Damage Consumables for Elemental Shamans
Engineering bombs share a general cooldown of 1 minute, which means you should focus on the harder hitting ones that you can afford.
- Goblin Sapper Charge instantly deals high area of effect Fire damage to enemies and yourself when triggered. It is crafted through Goblin Engineering.
- Goblin Land Mine places a mine that deals Fire damage when triggered. It is crafted through Engineering.
- Dense Dynamite deals Fire damage at a target location after a short cast. It is crafted through Engineering.
- Oil of Immolation deals pulsing AoE Fire damage for 15 seconds. It is crafted through Alchemy.
- Thorium Grenade deals Fire damage at a target location after a short cast and incapacitates enemies hit for 3 seconds. It is crafted through Engineering.
- Iron Grenade deals Fire damage at a target location after a short cast and incapacitates enemies hit for 3 seconds. It is crafted through Engineering.
- Crystal Charge deals Fire damage at a target location. This is a quest reward from Un'Goro Crater. This shares a cooldown with Engineering bombs, so is useful only if you are not an Engineer.
- Stratholme Holy Water deals damage to Undead enemies in a targeted location and is extremely useful in area of effect situations, such as when Nefarian spawns a huge amount of skeletons in its final phase. This drops from Stratholme.
Utility Consumables for Elemental Shamans
- Restorative Potion removes 1 magic, curse, poison, or disease effect from you every 5 seconds for 30 seconds. It is crafted through Alchemy.
- Magic Dust puts the target to sleep for 30 seconds. It is dropped by Dust Devil in Westfall.
- Limited Invulnerability Potion makes you immune to Physical attacks for 6 seconds, which also stops from pulling aggro from most enemies during its effect. It is crafted through Alchemy.
- Free Action Potion makes you immune to stun and movement impairing effects for 30 seconds, but does not remove effects already on you. It is crafted through Alchemy.
- Living Action Potion makes you immune to stun and movement impairing effects for 5 seconds, while also removing any such effects already present on you. It is crafted through Alchemy.
- Invisibility Potion makes you invisible for 18 seconds. It is crafted through Alchemy.
- Lesser Invisibility Potion makes you invisible for 15 seconds. It is crafted through Alchemy.
- Swiftness Potion increases your movement speed by 50% for 15 seconds. It is crafted through Alchemy.
World buffs have at least one hour of duration and are not related to any profession. Generally, these are buffs that you will try to get immediately before doing a raid. As some of them are applied to every nearby player of your faction, it can be a good idea for your realm's guilds to plan dates and times to activate them, so that all guilds can raid immediately after and reap the benefits of the buffs.
- Rallying Cry of the Dragonslayer grants 10% extra spell Critical Strike Chance, 5% extra melee/ranged Critical Chance and 140 extra Attack Power for two hours. Everyone in Stormwind or Orgrimmar will receive this buff, once someone turns in the quest started by Head of Onyxia, which drops off of Onyxia in Onyxia's Lair.
- Songflower Serenade grants 5% extra Critical Strike Chance and 15 extra points to all stats for 1 hour. To be able to receive this, you must first complete the Cleansing Felwood quest, after which you can do some repeatable quests that grant Cenarion Plant Salve. Use this item on a Corrupted Songflower in Felwood and loot the cleansed plant to gain the buff.
- Resist Fire grants 83 Fire Resistance for one hour. To gain this buff, have a Priest first use Mind Control on a Scarshield Spellbinder inside Upper Blackrock Spire, and then proceed to cast this spell on the party/raid members.
- Warchief's Blessing (Horde only) grants 300 extra maximum health, 15% extra melee Haste, and 10 extra MP5 for one hour. Everyone in Orgrimmar will receive this buff, once someone turns in the quest For The Horde!, which is a part of Onyxia's Lair attunement quests.
- 29 Sep. 2019: Added a shortlist with the essential consumables for Elemental Shamans, ranked by price vs effectiveness.
- 19 Aug. 2019: Page added.
- WoW Classic "Not a Bug" List Update: February 19th
- UI API Change for UnitHealth
- Diablo Animated Series to Be Rendered in Anime Style
- Warsong Gulch Exit Portals to Be Removed
- Blackwing Lair Cleared in Under an Hour, World First Videos
- Blackwing Lair Raid in WoW Classic (Official Preview)
- WoW Classic Phase 3 Guides: Blackwing Lair & Darkmoon Faire
- Darkmoon Faire Dissapearance Bug Resolved
- [A] [INCENDIUS] THE NOOB EMPIRE LFM FOR BWL
- [Grobbulus][H]FINAL BOSS US #9, Server #1, LF Shaman, Warrior
- [A] HEROD - SYNAPSE 8/8 BWL 8-11 EST
- 49 Paladin twink, best hybrid spec?
- Blocked Attacks
- Pet Aggro vs Hunter Aggro
- 3rd Pet
- Hunter Epic (Classic)