Classic Elemental Shaman DPS Enchants and Consumables
On this page, we list the best enchants, flasks, potions, and food you can get for your Elemental Shaman DPS in WoW Classic for PvE content.
Best Enchants for Elemental Shamans
|Head||Vodouisant's Vigilant Embrace — available once of Friendly reputation with the Zandalar Tribe|
|Back||Enchant Cloak - Greater Nature Resistance|
|Chest||Enchant Chest - Greater Stats|
|Wrists||Enchant Bracer - Greater Intellect|
|Hands||Enchant Gloves - Frost Power|
|Legs||Vodouisant's Vigilant Embrace — available once of Friendly reputation with the Zandalar Tribe|
|Feet||Enchant Boots - Minor Speed|
|Weapon||Enchant Weapon - Spell Power on DPS weapon, Enchant Weapon - Healing Power on healing weapon swap|
|Shield||Enchant Shield - Greater Stamina|
World buffs have at least one hour of duration and are not related to any profession. Generally, these are buffs that you will try to get immediately before doing a raid. As some of them are applied to every nearby player of your faction, it can be a good idea for your realm's guilds to plan dates and times to activate them, so that all guilds can raid immediately after and reap the benefits of the buffs.
- Warchief's Blessing (Horde only) increases your max health by 300, your melee Haste by 15%, and your Mana per 5 seconds by 10. Everyone in Orgrimmar will receive this buff once someone turns in the Head of Rend Blackhand, which drops off of Warchief Rend Blackhand in Upper Blackrock Spire.
- Rallying Cry of the Dragonslayer increases your chance to critically hit with spells by 10%, with melee or ranged attacks by 5%, and your attack power by 140. Everyone in Stormwind or Orgrimmar will receive this buff once someone turns in the Head of Onyxia, which drops off of Onyxia in Onyxia's Lair, or Head of Nefarian/ Head of Nefarian, which drops from Nefarian in Blackwing Lair. They are the exact same buff and they do not stack.
- Songflower Serenade grants 5% extra Critical Strike Chance and 15 extra points to all stats for 1 hour. To be able to receive this, you must first complete the Cleansing Felwood quest, after which you can do some repeatable quests that grant Cenarion Plant Salve. Use this item on a Corrupted Songflower in Felwood and loot the cleansed plant to gain the buff.
- Resist Fire grants 83 Fire Resistance for one hour. To gain this buff, have a Priest first use Mind Control on a Scarshield Spellbinder inside Upper Blackrock Spire, and then proceed to cast this spell on the desired party / raid members.
- Fengus' Ferocity, Mol'dar's Moxie, and Slip'kik's Savvy are all 2-hour buffs that can be obtained from Dire Maul North by talking to the various ogre bosses after successfully completing a tribute run. You do not actually need to complete the run yourself, you just need to run into an instance where a run was completed and talk to Guard Fengus, Guard Mol'dar, and Guard Slip'kik. The buffs will give you 200 AP, 15% Stamina, and 3% spell crit chance, respectively.
- Spirit of Zandalar increases all of your primary stats by 15% and your movement speed by 10% for 2 hours. This buff works the same way as the Rallying Cry of the Dragonslayer, but is gained from being in Booty Bay when someone turns in the Heart of Hakkar from Hakkar in Zul'Gurub.
- Traces of Silithyst increases your damage dealt by 5% for 30 minutes and is obtained by turning in Silithyst at your faction's base in Silithus when the PvP event is active.
- Finally, whenever the Darkmoon Faire is active, talk to the fortune teller Sayge in the Faire grounds to get a 10% damage buff (answer all questions with the first option) or, with different answers, a 10% stat buff to a specific stat or +25 to all resistances.
Best Consumables for Elemental Shamans
Maximizing your performance in WoW Classic is all about consumables. There are a lot of them (usually they stack) and using them all can have a bigger impact than a full tier of gear upgrades.
Despite this, getting all of the consumables we will mention in this page is extremely expensive, and as such, we will provide a quick list of the best, cheapest and most reliable consumables first, ordered by the priority you should use and buy them in. Because Elemental Shamans struggle particularly hard with Mana, using consumables that help with that will be a priority.
- Major Mana Potions, Demonic Runes and Dark Runes (Elemental Shamans struggle particularly hard with Mana, hence these consumables will increase your DPS substantially in longer fights);
- Brilliant Wizard Oil is expensive but extremely strong, can be replaced with Wizard Oil if gold is an issue;
- Nightfin Soup (very cheap, and has a good impact on Mana issues);
- Heavy Runecloth Bandage (very cheap, can easily save your life in an emergency);
- Greater Arcane Elixir / Arcane Elixir are both very powerful for their cost;
- Flask of Supreme Power (the best consumable, but also the most expensive);
- Mageblood Potion is expensive but also provides a large amount of Mana over time;
- Greater Fire Protection Potion / Fire Protection Potion for Fire damage bosses;
- Greater Nature Protection Potion / Nature Protection Potion for Nature damage bosses;
- Greater Shadow Protection Potion / Shadow Protection Potion for Shadow damage bosses;
- Greater Frost Protection Potion / Frost Protection Potion for Frost damage bosses.
Elemental Shaman Exhaustive Consumable List
This list will explain what each possible consumable does, and how to get it.
Long Buff Consumables for Elemental Shamans
- Flask of Supreme Power increases your spell damage by 150 for 2 hours, and persists through death, making it the most powerful consumable in the game for damage. Unfortunately, it is very expensive to create, and you can only have 1 flask active at any given time, so only use this for big occasions. It is crafted through Alchemy.
- Greater Arcane Elixir increases your spell damage by 35 for 1 hour. This is crafted through Alchemy. You can also use the weaker and cheaper Arcane Elixir.
- Cerebral Cortex Compound increases your Intellect by 25 for 1 hour. While using this item triggers a 1-hour cooldown on similar items (such as Gizzard Gum), you can still stack the different buffs together by logging out, which will make the cooldown go down, but not the duration of the buff on your character. You get this item from completing Infallible Mind (repeatable quest) in the Blasted Lands.
- Brilliant Wizard Oil increases your spell damage by 36 and spell critical chance by 1%. It can be crafted with Enchanting.
- Wizard Oil increases your spell damage by 24. It is crafted with Enchanting.
- Brilliant Mana Oil increases spell healing by 25 and restores 12 Mana per 5 seconds. Created with Enchanting.
- Lesser Mana Oil restores 8 Mana per 5 seconds. It is also crafted with Enchanting.
- Monster Omelet and similar foods increase your Stamina and Spirit by 12 for 15 minutes. This is crafted with Cooking.
- Rumsey Rum Black Label increases your Stamina by 15 for 15 minutes. This is obtained through Fishing.
- Elixir of Fortitude increases your max health by 120 for 1 hour. This is crafted through Alchemy.
- Lung Juice Cocktail increases your Stamina by 25 for 1 hour. While using this item triggers a 1-hour cooldown on similar items (such as Cerebral Cortex Compound), you can still stack the different buffs together by logging out, which will make the cooldown go down, but not the duration of the buff on your character. You get this item from completing Spirit of the Boar (repeatable quest) in the Blasted Lands.
Health and Mana Recovery Consumables for Elemental Shamans
Potions all share a cooldown in Classic. You cannot use multiple potions at the same time, and when you use a potion, it will start the cooldown for all potions. That being said, it is still useful to have multiple potions in your bags for different situations. Being in combat does not affect your potion cooldown or availability.
- Major Healing Potion (and its weaker, lower level counterparts) restores health when used. Crafted through Alchemy.
- Major Mana Potion restores Mana when used. Crafted through Alchemy.
- Demonic Rune restores Mana in exchange for health, is bind on pickup and drops from demons in the world, such as Azshara and Felwood Satyrs, or Felguard Elites in Blasted Lands.
- Dark Rune also restores Mana at the cost of health, but is not bind on pickup, meaning it can be bought from other players. You can farm it in Scholomance.
- Nightfin Soup increases your Mana regeneration per 5 seconds, which has full benefit inside combat. It is crafted with Cooking.
- Sagefish Delight also increases your Mana regeneration per 5 seconds and is made through Cooking.
- Mageblood Potion regenerates 12 Mana every 5 seconds for 1 hour and is crafted through Alchemy.
- Major Troll's Blood Potion regenerates 20 Health every 5 seconds for 1 hour and is crafted through Alchemy.
- Major Healthstone restores health when used and is created by Warlocks.
- Whipper Root Tuber also restores health. Get it from cleansed plants in Felwood.
- Night Dragon's Breath works and is obtained in the same way as Whipper Root Tuber, but also restores Mana.
- Heavy Runecloth Bandage restores health when used, but requires a channeling period for the full heal, which is interrupted by damage. It is crafted through First Aid.
Fire Resistance Consumables for Elemental Shamans
- Greater Fire Protection Potion (and the weaker / cheaper Fire Protection Potion) gives you a buff that absorbs a significant amount of Fire damage for one hour, but is depleted once enough damage is taken. This is crafted through Alchemy.
- Frozen Rune is used to create Frost Resistance gear, but also doubles as a consumable you can use for some Fire Protection.
- Juju Ember increases your Fire Resistance by 15. All types of Juju can be farmed in a party or raid group for maximum efficiency, as they drop for all players in the group when enemies are killed. This is a repeatable quest reward given by Witch Doctor Mau'ari in Everlook, Winterspring.
Nature Resistance Consumables for Elemental Shamans
- Greater Nature Protection Potion (and the weaker / cheaper Nature Protection Potion) gives you a buff that absorbs a significant amount of Nature damage for one hour, but is depleted once enough damage is taken. This is crafted through Alchemy.
Shadow Resistance Consumables for Elemental Shamans
- Greater Shadow Protection Potion (and the weaker / cheaper Shadow Protection Potion) gives you a buff that absorbs a significant amount of Shadow damage for one hour, but is depleted once enough damage is taken. This is crafted through Alchemy.
These will be useful on C'Thun, as the mind flay attacks from small tentacles can easily kill you before heals arrive, especially when in combination with other sources of random damage.
Frost Resistance Consumables for Elemental Shamans
- Greater Frost Protection Potion (and the weaker / cheaper Frost Protection Potion) gives you a buff that absorbs a significant amount of Frost damage for one hour, but is depleted once enough damage is taken. This is crafted through Alchemy.
These will be useful for Naxxramas, the final raid of WoW Classic.
Damage Consumables for Elemental Shamans
Engineering bombs share a general cooldown of 1 minute, which means you should focus on the harder hitting ones that you can afford.
- Goblin Sapper Charge instantly deals high area of effect Fire damage to enemies and yourself when triggered. It is crafted through Goblin Engineering.
- Goblin Land Mine places a mine that deals Fire damage when triggered. It is crafted through Engineering.
- Dense Dynamite deals Fire damage at a target location after a short cast. It is crafted through Engineering.
- Oil of Immolation deals pulsing AoE Fire damage for 15 seconds. It is crafted through Alchemy.
- Thorium Grenade deals Fire damage at a target location after a short cast and incapacitates enemies hit for 3 seconds. It is crafted through Engineering.
- Iron Grenade deals Fire damage at a target location after a short cast and incapacitates enemies hit for 3 seconds. It is crafted through Engineering.
- Crystal Charge deals Fire damage at a target location. This is a quest reward from Un'Goro Crater. This shares a cooldown with Engineering bombs, so is useful only if you are not an Engineer.
- Stratholme Holy Water deals damage to Undead enemies in a targeted location and is extremely useful in area of effect situations, such as when Nefarian spawns a huge amount of skeletons in its final phase. This drops from Stratholme.
Utility Consumables for Elemental Shamans
- Restorative Potion removes 1 magic, curse, poison, or disease effect from you every 5 seconds for 30 seconds. It is crafted through Alchemy.
- Magic Dust puts the target to sleep for 30 seconds. It is dropped by Dust Devil in Westfall.
- Limited Invulnerability Potion makes you immune to Physical attacks for 6 seconds, which also stops from pulling aggro from most enemies during its effect. It is crafted through Alchemy.
- Free Action Potion makes you immune to stun and movement impairing effects for 30 seconds, but does not remove effects already on you. It is crafted through Alchemy.
- Living Action Potion makes you immune to stun and movement impairing effects for 5 seconds, while also removing any such effects already present on you. It is crafted through Alchemy.
- Invisibility Potion makes you invisible for 18 seconds. It is crafted through Alchemy.
- Lesser Invisibility Potion makes you invisible for 15 seconds. It is crafted through Alchemy.
- Swiftness Potion increases your movement speed by 50% for 15 seconds. It is crafted through Alchemy.
- 01 Dec. 2020: Added Phase 6 shoulder enchants, Frozen Runes, and the Silithus world buff.
- 03 Nov. 2020: Updated enchants for Phase 6.
- 14 Jul. 2020: Updated enchant and consumable list for Phase 5.
- 19 May 2020: Updated with current World Buffs as of Phase 4 as well as glove enchants.
- 15 Apr. 2020: Added Zul'Gurub consumables and enchants.
- 29 Sep. 2019: Added a shortlist with the essential consumables for Elemental Shamans, ranked by price vs effectiveness.
- 19 Aug. 2019: Page added.
- World's Fastest Onyxia Speed Kill in WoW Classic
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Update: April 9th
- Blizzard Begins Monthly Collectible Series for 30th Anniversary with Lich King Statue & Concept Art Print
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Raid Testing: April 13 - 15
- Daily Instance Cap is Over 50 on The Burning Crusade Classic Beta
- Sealed Packages Added on the Burning Crusade Classic Beta
- Burning Crusade Classic Boost Quests: Brand New BC Content
- New Burning Crusade Classic Build: Cap Raised to Level 70 & More
- New onyxia kill time
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Chaos Recruiting for TBC Classic [H] [Herod]
- No one wants retris
- Shaman Tank Guide - Shaman Tanking in WoW
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- TBC Transition+
- Looking for guild with EARLY RAID TIMES