Warlock DPS Season of Mastery Phase 1/2 Gear
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items from Molten Core and Onyxia's Lair for your Warlock DPS in WoW Classic's Season of Mastery. For pre-raid gearing advice, please refer to our Warlock DPS Pre-Raid Gearing and Best in Slot guide for the Season of Mastery.
Warlock Season of Mastery Best in Slot (BiS) List for Molten Core / Onyxia's Lair
This is the gear we recommend you to chase while doing the first raids in the game: Molten Core and Onyxia's Lair. This guide will assume that you are playing either the SM/Ruin build or the DS/Ruin build for raids, meaning Shadow Bolt is your primary source of damage. If you are instead progressing through Tier 2 / Blackwing Lair or Tier 2.5 / AQ40, see our updated lists for Phases 3/4 and 5.
Warlock's Tier 1, Felheart Raiment is an alright set that gives some good stats, but has relatively lackluster set bonuses that do not offer any DPS increase. This is a great starter set if you are entering Molten Core early on and want some quick upgrades, but ultimately you will end up using other, better pieces. It is worth noting however that the set offers a fair amount of Stamina, making it a solid choice for PvP.
The list below contains gear from: raids, epic PvP sets (above rank 11) and world bosses, as well as some gear from dungeons and quests, when warranted.
|Neck||Choker of the Fire Lord||Ragnaros in Molten Core|
|Staffs||Staff of Dominance||Golemagg the Incinerator in Molten Core|
|Off-hands||Scepter of Interminable Focus||Sothos and Jarien in Stratholme|
|Wands||Skul's Ghastly Touch||Skul in Stratholme|
*These items have random suffixes. You will be looking for of Shadow Wrath, which gives +Shadow Spell Damage. Since you need both the item and the correct suffix to drop, these are often hard to farm, so make sure you have reasonable alternatives until you can get the correct drop.
**While we are only listing the Horde versions of the PvP set and PvP reputation gear, equivalent versions can be found on the Alliance side, with the same requirements, cost and stats.
Other Best in Slot Lists
As this list is meant to be used for Warlocks in WoW Classic's Season of Mastery, we have created separate gear lists for those interested in optimizing themselves for the "main" branch of Classic instead. If you are not playing in the Season of Mastery, it is recommended that you consult this gear hub instead.
- 19 Dec. 2021: Added pieces from new World Bosses.
- 15 Nov. 2021: Guide added for the Season of Mastery.
- Free Character Moves from Firemaw
- The Burning Crusade Classic Character Clone Service Retiring Soon
- World First Classic Sunwell Plateau Kill Claimed by Old School
- The Sunwell Plateau Is Now Live on Burning Crusade Classic
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Guides Now Live
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 5th
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Arrives May 10th
- Arclight Rumble Will Not Have Loot Boxes or NFTs
- Healing Druids (Moonglow/NG) - Crit Chance
- Jolteon 1 - Pendulum of DOOM PvP - Level 39 BiS Enhancement Shaman TBC
- Jailer is in ICC!
- Icy Veins Talent Sequence Addon
- Shaman Tank comprehensive guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Classic Season of Mastery as a proficient Shaman Tank
- Melee Hunter Guide - Playing World of Warcraft as a Melee Hunter
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank