Classic Warlock DPS Gear and Best in Slot
On this page, you will find the best PvE gear and best in slot items for your Warlock DPS in WoW Classic.
If you were looking for TBC Classic content, please refer to our TBC Classic Warlock gear and best in slots:
Gearing Strategy for Warlocks
While a clear best in slot (BiS) list is always available in WoW Classic, the items contained might be extremely hard or expensive to get. Thus, we will try to give at least one alternative, for most slots in the list, so that you can pick where and how to farm them.
Season of Mastery Lists
As WoW Classic's Season of Mastery consists of Phases that are separate from the regular branch of Classic, we have created unique gear lists for its pre-raid and Phases. In addition, you may find it useful to look over our Fire Resistance Gear guide for your specialization, which is applicable for either version of Classic.
WoW Classic Phases
As stated by Blizzard, WoW Classic will have six phases, starting with Molten Core, Onyxia's Lair, and Maraudon, and ending with Naxxramas and the Scourge Invasion.
We will be linking best in slot gear lists for every raid tier in this guide, which can be helpful in order to understand how to progress from hitting Level 60, to getting pre-raid best in slot and from then to clearing all raid tiers.
Naxxramas Warlock BiS
This is the gear we recommend for Warlocks in the Naxxramas patch. As with the rest of WoW Classic, this will be optimized for both the DS/Ruin and SM/Ruin builds which use Shadow Bolt as their main damage source for single target.
Naxxramas is the final destination of the original World of Warcraft, and as such carries the best gear and the most difficult bosses.
Warlock Tier 3, Plagueheart Raiment is perhaps one of the most iconic Warlock sets of all time, and is excellent for Warlocks in WoW Classic. While you will not ultimately use all 8 pieces, the 3 and 4-piece bonuses are quite strong and definitely worth using. The pieces themselves have phenomenal stats for the most part as well.
In Naxxramas, all bosses are undead except for Grand Widow Faerlina and Maexxna. This makes specialized anti-undead items such as Rune of the Dawn, Mark of the Champion and the Regalia of Undead Cleansing set really effective. Consider any of these items and the full set of undead cleansing to be a top 3 piece of gear for its slot.
Alternative Gear for Warlocks
Warlock PvP Best in Slot Gear
You can find our recommended gear for PvPing as a Warlock in the link below.
Frost Resistance Gear for Warlocks
In order to smooth out the Sapphiron encounter, it is advised that DPS players, Warlocks included, use a good amount of Frost Resistance gear, in order to reduce the high raid damage intake to manageable levels. We made a list with good options for almost every slot, so that you can face down the undead dragon while prepared:
Nature Resistance Gear for Warlocks
This is not a normal set that you would ever wear, but is required for some classes in AQ 40 when fighting Princess Huhuran. It will be up to your guild or raid group if this is a required set or not.
Special Gear for Warlocks
Finally, some items have niche uses and do not belong in a best in slot list, but are still very valuable to acquire for specific encounters, or as a weapon swap mid-fight. We will list the most notable special items below, as well as their effects and common applications.
- Gnomish Battle Chicken summons a chicken that attacks your enemies for 1.5 minutes, with a cooldown of 30 minutes. The chicken scales with your Engineering skill (Level 60 at 300 skill), and buffs your group with 5% increased Attack Speed through Battle Squawk. This is what makes it well worth using while grouped.
- Arcanite Dragonling summons a dragon that attacks your enemies for up to 1 minute, with a cooldown of one hour. The dragon scales with your Engineering skill (Level 60 at 300 skill) and causes a stacking debuff that increases Fire damage taken, which makes it worth using in later raids to boost Fire Mage damage.
- Skull of Impending Doom is given as a quest reward from completing Forbidden Knowledge in the Badlands. While generally undesirable, if you need to run somewhere fast, it can be a useful item to have.
- Furbolg Medicine Pouch is sold by Gorn One Eye when you reach Honored status with Timbermaw Hold. This is a great item that you can swap during combat to provide you with a significant 1000 heal over 10 seconds. For comparison's sake, Heavy Runecloth Bandage heals you for 2000 over 8 seconds, but requires you to channel it, and you cannot take any sort of damage in the channel duration.
- Tidal Charm allows you to instantly stun an enemy for 3 seconds. It has a 50% drop chance from Prince Nazjak, who spawns around 25,84 in Arathi Highlands. Due to his very high respawn timer it might be hard to get this trinket, but the stun it provides is a life saver and duel winner.
- Linken's Boomerang allows you to potentially disarm or stun an enemy when used, which makes it useful in certain scenarios, especially in PvP. Its rewarded from the Un'Goro Crater quest It's Dangerous to Go Alone.
- Luffa removes a bleed effect, such as Garrote, from yourself when used. You get this item from the Searing Gorge quest Incendosaurs? Whateverosaur is More Like It.
- The Alliance-only Crystal of Zin-Malor allows you to kill yourself easily, and you do not get durability loss if you die from its effect. This can occasionally be useful, such as when you regret getting on a fly path after you are already flying or if you need to talk with the Blackrock Depths key ghost NPC. You get it from starting the quest Tormented By the Past.
Warlock Pre-Raid Best in Slot (BiS) List
In order to get ready for raiding, it is recommended that you follow this guide in order to learn which gear to gather for maximizing DPS before ever setting foot in raids, and probably also before getting your first epic loot. Even so, expect to get a few pieces that you will have a hard time replacing, such as Briarwood Reed and Tome of Shadow Force.
- 02 Dec. 2020: Updated for Phase 6.
- 06 Aug. 2020: Reworked for Phase 5 BiS with alternatives.
- 17 Jul. 2020: Added link to AQ BiS.
- 14 Apr. 2020: Updated for Zul'Gurub.
- 13 Mar. 2020: Updated with Arathi Basin gear.
- 12 Feb. 2020: Guide revamped for Phase 3.
- 10 Dec. 2019: Added link to PvP BiS page.
- 05 Nov. 2019: Added Raid BiS list.
- 22 Oct. 2019: Updated Pre-Raid BiS to include Dire Maul.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Page added.
More Classic Warlock Guides
More Classic Guides from Other Classes
Classic Dungeon Guides
Classic Profession Guides
Classic Reputation Guides
- Changes to Death Knight Character Creation Restrictions Coming
- Free Character Transfers in Wrath Classic: March 3rd
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: March 1st
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 24th
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 21st
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 16th
- Season of Mastery Realms Closing This Week, Transfers Open
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 9th