FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
LilArsynic

Tips for my PlantRogue

So I decided to make a Plant Rogue and wonder what I should add/remove from it. I want to add Shaku and Xaril but not sure what to remove from the deck. Also I need to dust a lot of things to get them so want to know if they will be worth it before I start dusting. So what do yall think?

Rogue Cards
Backstab x2
Counterfeit Coin x1
Prepartion x2
Cold Blood x1
Hallucination x2 
Swashburglar x2
Eviscerate x2
Razorpetal Lasher x2
Sap x1
Edwin VanCleef x1
Fan of Knives x2
Mimic Pod x1
Si:7 Agent x1
Sherazin, Corpse Flower x1
Xaril, Poisoned Mind x1
Vilespine Slayer x2

Classless Cards
Patches the Pirate x1
Bloodmage Thalnos x1
Gadgetzan Auctioneer x2
Arcane Giant x2

Edited by LilArsynic

The SI:7 Agent seems like a good candidate to remove since you'll want to stockpile ammo for your later power turns, not use them on early combo cards.

Burgly Bully is another candidate for removal since at first sight it is just a 'win-more' card. If you're ahead on the board then your opponent will give you The Coin by playing spells, but if you're behind they'll just trade into it. Xaril, Poisoned Mind, and to a lesser extent Shaku, the Collector, will refill your hand no matter what. (Beware boardclears when dropping Shaku.) 

4 minutes ago, Keizoku said:

The SI:7 Agent seems like a good candidate to remove since you'll want to stockpile ammo for your later power turns, not use them on early combo cards.

Burgly Bully is another candidate for removal since at first sight it is just a 'win-more' card. If you're ahead on the board then your opponent will give you The Coin by playing spells, but if you're behind they'll just trade into it. Xaril, Poisoned Mind, and to a lesser extent Shaku, the Collector, will refill your hand no matter what. (Beware boardclears when dropping Shaku.) 

Ok, thank you

So do you think it's worth it to get them? I do have to dust a good amount of things sadly. Any other cards you think would be decent to add?

Looking at Xaril again, he mite not be to bad to add even to my Quest Rogue deck. 2 of the cards he gives can be really good in it.

Edited by LilArsynic

57 minutes ago, LilArsynic said:

So do you think it's worth it to get them?

In all honesty, I wouldn't. Spending 3200 dust on two single-class cards is a really hefty investment that, unless you already have most cards, will be better used to craft meta-defining cards like The Guy In Charge or just a bunch of rares/epics.

29 minutes ago, OroNerVoSo said:

if we talking about "plant Rogue" you should play those cards first , then you can talk about the rest

Biteweed

Sherazin, Corpse Flower

Razorpetal Lasher

Razorpetal Volley

Vilespine Slayer

Sherazin, the lasher and slayer are already in his deck. 

Biteweed is a terrible card that should never be put into a deck whatsoever, even for fun/flavor. Even a massive powerturn with Gadgetzan Auctioneer will leave you with an ultimately mediocre vanilla minion in the late game, and there are only 30 cards in your deck. Edwin VanCleef can be easily played as a 4/4 or 6/6 very early to calm down aggro decks or fight for the board in the midrange while keeping some cards back, the weed cannot.

Razorpetal Volley on the other hand is a good way to refill your hand if you want to activate Sherazin, Corpse Flower once more.

7 minutes ago, Keizoku said:

Biteweed is a terrible card that should never be put into a deck whatsoever, even for fun/flavor. Even a massive powerturn with Gadgetzan Auctioneer will leave you with an ultimately mediocre vanilla minion in the late game, and there are only 30 cards in your deck. Edwin VanCleef can be easily played as a 4/4 or 6/6 very early to calm down aggro decks or fight for the board in the midrange while keeping some cards back, the weed cannot.

Razorpetal Volley on the other hand is a good way to refill your hand if you want to activate Sherazin, Corpse Flower once more.

I did get Patches the Pirate. He was one of the first cards I crafted. He is in the deck. Sadly my dumbass(at first) wondered why he was so good, but then my MTG mind came back and I was like, Oh, he gets rid of a card in your deck. 

I did end up crafting Xaril, Poisoned Mind.

Do you think Razorpetal Volley would be worth it? I know it refills my hand with cheap spells, and I guess I could  take out SI:7 Agent for it. Would be better maybe. I get the same amount of dmg for 1 more mana which is better for other cards but lose the 3/3 body. 

How did you do "The Guy in Charge" link?

Edited by LilArsynic

How do you link a card but changing the name? Trying to figure it out now. Now my post's deck has a weird space in it.

Man I suck at using forums. 

Edited by LilArsynic

36 minutes ago, LilArsynic said:

How do you link a card but changing the name? Trying to figure it out now. Now my post's deck has a weird space in it.

Create the link to the card, then edit it by adding the text you want in the middle before removing the original. Like this:

Sherazin, Corpse Flower

Sherazin, Hello, Ugly! Corpse Flower

Hello, Ugly!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keizoku said:

In all honesty, I wouldn't. Spending 3200 dust on two single-class cards is a really hefty investment that, unless you already have most cards, will be better used to craft meta-defining cards like The Guy In Charge or just a bunch of rares/epics.

Sherazin, the lasher and slayer are already in his deck. 

i don't understand your talking about biteweed , i'm playing a determined deck with it in and i always drop it 5/5 or 6/6 and i hold no auctioneer in the deck and i draw all 30 cards.

the fact that you are unable to play a card this does not means the card sucks.

Edited by OroNerVoSo

57 minutes ago, LilArsynic said:

I did get Patches the Pirate. He was one of the first cards I crafted. He is in the deck. Sadly my dumbass(at first) wondered why he was so good, but then my MTG mind came back and I was like, Oh, he gets rid of a card in your deck. 

Do you think Razorpetal Volley would be worth it? I know it refills my hand with cheap spells, and I guess I could  take out SI:7 Agent for it. Would be better maybe. I get the same amount of dmg for 1 more mana which is better for other cards but lose the 3/3 body. 

Patches is wonderfull , but not inside a  "plant" deck.

1 minute ago, OroNerVoSo said:

Patches is wonderfull , but not inside a  "plant" deck.

Yes he is good in even a plant deck. Any deck you run a Pirate in, he should be in. 

What is the reason you think Patches the Pirate is good? I have a feeling you don't know the real reason.

59 minutes ago, LilArsynic said:

finally i would tell you that a "plant" deck won't rank up after a rank 17.

so we should define the term "worth" if u want fun. craft it. if u want to rank up , don't craft casual stuff.

1 minute ago, OroNerVoSo said:

finally i would tell you that a "plant" deck won't rank up after a rank 17.

so we should define the term "worth" if u want fun. craft it. if u want to rank up , don't craft casual stuff.

He's not a casual card. He's in my Quest Rogue deck, I already owned him.

Why do you think he is a casual card? 

4 minutes ago, LilArsynic said:

He's not a casual card. He's in my Quest Rogue deck, I already owned him.

Why do you think he is a casual card? 

man , you asked for a Rogue plant deck. and i won't never run pirates inside a plant deck due to mana costs that does not satisfy  the game mathematics.

casual was referring to the plant deck , and you asking if it's "worth".... and i answered that the word "worth" change sense depending on your objective...

Edited by OroNerVoSo

Just now, OroNerVoSo said:

man , you asked for a Rogue plant deck. and i won't never run pirates inside a plant deck due to mana costs that does not satisfy  the game mathematics.

I know I asked for a Plant Deck. I am running Swashburglar in my Plant Rogue,(A Pirate). Therefore putting Patches the Pirate.

I am wondering why do you think Patches the Pirate is Casual Card?

15 minutes ago, LilArsynic said:

I know I asked for a Plant Deck. I am running Swashburglar in my Plant Rogue,(A Pirate). Therefore putting Patches the Pirate.

I am wondering why do you think Patches the Pirate is Casual Card?

because i already tryed to do something like this , and inside a plant deck both Swashburglar and Patches the Pirate are impact = 0.

1 minute ago, LilArsynic said:

I don't think you understand what really makes Patches the Pirate amazing and what makes him a Legendary. 

patches is strong only because it's like a draw. a draw at 0 mana. and you put away a card from your deck so , when you draw you draw better. that is his real power. 

Just now, OroNerVoSo said:

patches is strong only because it's like a draw. a draw at 0 mana. and you put away a card from your deck so , when you draw you draw better. that is his real power. 

That means any deck you put a Pirate in, he goes in, and as it stands, Swashburglar is a good card and is a pirate. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LilArsynic said:

That means any deck you put a Pirate in, he goes in, and as it stands, Swashburglar is a good card and is a pirate. 

not really. Rogue already got much drawings. I'm testing a particular deck. 

check this and try it before comment. My problem , BIG problem is that Swashburglar don't let me choose the card. 

actually we got Hallucination that is so much better than Swashburglar because it has greater game dynamic. i can choose the card and think about mana costs. thing that don't happen with Swashburglar.

And If u are an experienced rogue player sometimes you know Swashburglar have No impact inside the game . 70% of games you don't even play the card you earn from it.

Edited by OroNerVoSo

2 minutes ago, OroNerVoSo said:

not really. Rogue already got much drawings. I'm testing a particular deck. 

check this and try it before comment. My problem , BIG problem is that Swashburglar don't let me choose the card. 

actually we got Hallucination that is so much better than Swashburglar because it has greater game dynamic. i can choose the card and think about mana costs. thing that don't happen with Swashburglar.

And If u are an experienced rogue player sometimes you know Swashburglar have No impact inside the game . 70% of games you don't even play the card you earn from it.

You still get amazing value from it. 

You are running Biteweed which is kinda of a bad card and you have Bladed Cultist. Change that to Swashburglar or at least change it to a Defias Ringleader, both are WAY better. 

5 minutes ago, LilArsynic said:

You still get amazing value from it. 

You are running Biteweed which is kinda of a bad card and you have Bladed Cultist. Change that to Swashburglar or at least change it to a Defias Ringleader, both are WAY better. 

ok i will load a screen of a game just ended with a double biteweed turn 2.

gimme a second.

Edited by OroNerVoSo

Also look at the cards i played in the 2nd turn.

oh my pity , this isn't face at all.

I think lots of people in this forum talk without playing at all what they talk about.

fake turn 5.png

turn 4.png

turn 3.png

Edited by OroNerVoSo

24 minutes ago, OroNerVoSo said:

i don't understand your talking about biteweed , i'm playing a determined deck with it in and i always drop it 5/5 or 6/6 and i hold no auctioneer in the deck and i draw all 30 cards.

the fact that you are unable to play a card this does not means the card sucks.

All right, let me elaborate:

To play it as a 6/6, it means you had to dump 5 other cards beforehand. Even with the mass of Rogue's cheap spells, you'll dot that around turn 5-6, and investing all that nets you... a vanilla 6/6 minion. An aggro deck has already won (or lost) by then, control will just laugh and midrange/tempo will be getting into their own heavy stuff/boardclears and won't be bothered too much by a 6/6 that doesn't do anything else.

On top of that there's your own hand and deck to consider. If you empty your hand without a way to refill it, it's an all-or-nothing play that will end in nothing more than in all. If you favor Burgle/Add duplicate effects you'll get a hand filled by random/low power cards that will lose steam quickly. And if you use Gadgetzan Auctioneer to keep your hand filled, you will keep up on resources but rush through your deck at breakneck speed. It is doable (hell, it's the whole concept of Miracle Rogue), but you'll remark that traditional Miracle Minions either have charge (Southsea DeckhandLeeroy Jenkins) or an use/ability to become a threat without an auctioneer turn backing them up (Edwin VanCleef because he grows really fast and can be played big really early, Questing Adventurer because he grows all on his own, Arcane Giant because they can be played for 0 eventually and Malygos because it's Malygod.)

Biteweed simply asks for too much cards to be played in conjunction with it to be useful in the early game, nor does it grows big enough to be a cheap threat in the mid-/late game, nor does it bring an useful ability to the table once played. Not even the reasoning of "I'll be revining Sherazin, Corpse Flower and dumping cards anyway!" makes it good enough to include.

• Like 1