Balance Druid DPS Season of Mastery Phase 1/2 Gear
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items from Molten Core and Onyxia's Lair for your Balance Druid in WoW Classic's Season of Mastery. For pre-raid gearing advice, please refer to our Balance Druid Pre-Raid Gearing and Best in Slot guide for the Season of Mastery.
Balance Druid Season of Mastery Best in Slot (BiS) List for Molten Core / Onyxia's Lair
This is the gear we recommend you to chase while doing the first raids in the game: Molten Core and Onyxia's Lair. If you are instead progressing through Tier 2 / Blackwing Lair, Tier 2.5 / AQ40, or Tier 3 / Naxxramas, see our updated lists for later phases instead.
Druid's Tier 1, Cenarion Raiment is not a great set for Balance druids since it lacks spell power on most pieces. Most of your BiS in this phase will come from a combination of Molten Core loot and specific green items, specifically "of Arcane Wrath" items that gives lots of bonus Arcane damage. Arcane damage is your primary stat, so a green item that gives a large amount of it will easily be better than most dungeon and raid gear that you will find for awhile.
The list below contains gear from: raids, epic PvP sets (above rank 11) and world bosses, as well as some gear from dungeons and quests, when warranted.
|Chest||Robe of Volatile Power||Several bosses in Molten Core|
|Idols||Idol of the Moon||BoE world drop, bought from the Auction House|
Other Best in Slot Lists
As this list is meant to be used for Balance Druids in WoW Classic's Season of Mastery, we have created separate gear lists for those interested in optimizing themselves for the "main" branch of Classic instead. If you are not playing in the Season of Mastery, it is recommended that you consult this gear hub instead.
- 17 Dec. 2021: Updated for World Boss Loot.
- 15 Nov. 2021: Guide added for the Season of Mastery.
- Wrath Classic Phase 2 Launching on January 17th
- Naxxramas Achievement Rewards to Remain Available Throughout Wrath Classic
- Patch 3.4.1 PTR Development Notes: January 6th
- Summon Gargoyle Changes on the Wrath Classic PTR
- Ahead of the Curve and Cutting Edge Achievements Coming to Wrath Classic
- No Changes Planned for Ulduar Tier Sets Beyond 6 Item Level Bump
- Wrath Classic Season 1 Ends January 9th
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update