Restoration Shaman Healer Season of Mastery Phase 6 Gear
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items from Tier 3 / Naxxramas for your Restoration Shaman in WoW Classic's Season of Mastery. For pre-raid BiS, please refer to our Shaman Healer Pre-Raid Gearing and Best in Slot guide for the Season of Mastery.
Gearing Strategy for Restoration Shamans
While a clear best in slot list is always available in WoW Classic, the items contained might be extremely hard or expensive to get. Thus, we will try to give at least one alternative, for most slots in the list, so that you can pick where and how to farm them.
Restoration Shaman Pre-Raid Best in Slot (BiS) List
In order to get ready for raiding, it is recommended that you follow this guide in order to learn which gear to gather for maximizing DPS before ever setting foot in raids, and probably also before getting your first epic loot. Even so, expect to get a few pieces that you will have a hard time replacing, such as Enamored Water Spirit and Hide of the Wild.
Restoration Shaman Raid Best in Slot (BiS) List for Phase 6 (Naxxramas)
With Naxxramas comes the best gear WoW Classic has to offer, and also the hardest raid challenges to surpass.
Shamans Tier 3, The Earthshatterer is a pure healing set, and has almost perfect itemization in all pieces, making it a great set to use for its stats alone. You will also gain:
- 2 pieces: Reduces the mana cost of your totem spells by 12%. This is a decent Mana gain when you are replacing your totems often in speed runs or while Totem Twisting.
- 4 pieces: Increases the mana gained from your Mana Spring totems by 25%. The more uptime you have on your Mana Spring totem, the more benefit you gain from this bonus, but it will always represent a small mana gain, regardless.
- 6 pieces: Your Healing Wave and Lesser Healing Wave spells have a chance to imbue your target with Totemic Power. This means a 10% chance to buff 28 Mp5 on Shamans, Priests, Druids and Paladins, 80 Spell Damage on Mages and Warlocks, 140 Attack Power on Rogues and Hunters and 700 Armor on Warriors. These buffs are great, but the proc rate is low and you should be using Chain Heal for the most part, limiting its benefit.
- 8 pieces: Your Lightning Shield spell also grants you 15 mana per 5 sec. while active. This is a solid bonus with 100% uptime, but using 8 pieces of Tier 3 will prevent you from using the exceptional Tier 2 chain heal 3 piece bonus, which is generally not recommended.
Our recommendation for a perfect Naxxramas setup is using 3 pieces of Tier 2 alongside the best Tier 3 and off-pieces available in the game, resulting in a massive healing and mp5 increase without downsides.
An alternative setup, which should be way easier to get at this point in Classic, is to combine the Tier 2 bracers, belt and gloves with the full Tier 2.5 set for faster chain heals. This will allow you to output very strong raid healing, at a significant Mana cost if downranking is not used.
In order to make the best use possible out of multiple long cooldown trinkets, such as Zandalarian Hero Charm, swap them into your gear set when they are off-cooldown and replace them with others during their cooldown.
Other Useful Phase 6 Gear for Restoration Shamans
While the list above contains the absolute best gear setup, you are unlikely to quickly gather all of it. We provide more options below, some which are very close to the best and some which are just much easier to get!
Frost Resistance Gear for Restoration Shamans
Having some Frost Resistance gear will help immensely on Sapphiron, and is thus recommended if you plan to fully clear Naxxramas. We compiled a list with the best gear you can use on each slot below.
Nature Resistance Gear for Restoration Shamans
As a Restoration Shaman, you are not likely to become a Nature Resistance soaker on Princess Huhuran, but if that happens, read this guide to figure out where to find such gear, and which pieces to wear!
Restoration Shaman PvP Best in Slot Gear
If you want to gear for healing in PvP, you can check out our PvP BiS and Gearing guide below.
Since weapons are such a broad topic, we have written a full guide about Shaman weapons.
Special Gear for Restoration Shamans
Some items, which are not powerful enough to be in the best in slot list, have special properties that make them very valuable to acquire for specific encounters or as a weapon swap mid-fight. We will list the most notable special items for the current phase, and their effects and application below:
- Annihilator (or the less expensive, less powerful Rivenspike and Bashguuder) allows you to reduce an enemy's armor by up to 600 for your whole group, making it a very powerful weapon swap. Use it at the start of an encounter to quickly full debuff the boss, and swap back to your healing weapons when heals are needed.
- Gnomish Battle Chicken summons a chicken that attacks your enemies for 1.5 minutes, with a cooldown of 30 minutes. The chicken scales with your Engineering skill (Level 60 at 300 skill), and buffs your group with 5% increased Attack Speed through Battle Squawk. This is what makes it well worth using while grouped.
- Arcanite Dragonling summons a dragon that attacks your enemies for up to 1 minute, with a cooldown of one hour. The dragon scales with your Engineering skill (Level 60 at 300 skill) and causes a stacking debuff that increases Fire damage taken, which makes it worth using in later raids to boost Fire Mage damage.
- Skull of Impending Doom is given as a quest reward from completing Forbidden Knowledge in the Badlands. While generally undesirable, if you need to run somewhere fast, it can be a useful item to have.
- Furbolg Medicine Pouch is sold by Gorn One Eye when you reach Honored status with Timbermaw Hold. This is a great item that you can swap during combat to provide you with a significant 1000 heal over 10 seconds. For comparison's sake, Heavy Runecloth Bandage heals you for 2000 over 8 seconds, but requires you to channel it, and you cannot take any sort of damage in the channel duration.
- Tidal Charm allows you to instantly stun an enemy for 3 seconds. It has a 50% drop chance from Prince Nazjak, who spawns around 25,84 in Arathi Highlands. Due to his very high respawn timer it might be hard to get this trinket, but the stun it provides is a life saver and duel winner.
- Hand of Edward the Odd is an epic BoE world drop that makes your next spell cast instantly when it procs, which happens around once a minute. This makes it useful for extra burst, but you should swap to a weapon with better stats after using the proc. It also allows you to Hearthstone instantly, which allows you to role play a bubble hearthstone Paladin in an emergency.
- Linken's Boomerang allows you to potentially disarm or stun an enemy when used, which makes it useful in certain scenarios, especially in PvP. Its rewarded from the Un'Goro Crater quest It's Dangerous to Go Alone.
- Luffa removes a bleed effect, such as Garrote, from yourself when used. You get this item from the Searing Gorge quest Incendosaurs? Whateverosaur is More Like It.
- 22 Jul. 2022: Guide added.
- Upcoming Season of Discovery Phase 2 Class Tuning: February 27th
- WoW Hardcore Self-Found Mode Begins February 29th
- Dragonflight 10.2.5 and Season of Discovery Hotfixes, February 21st
- Gnomeregan Trinket Sends Player to Forbidden Zones in SoD Phase 2
- Season of Discovery Hotfixes: February 20th
- Blizzard Acknowledges Gnomeregan Raid Lockout Bug
- Blizzard on AoE Threat in SoD Phase 2
- Season of Discovery and Classic Era Hotfixes: February 16th