FORUMS
Damien

Beast Midrange Druid Standard

Guest Vandersveldt

Hey I was looking over this kind of depressed thinking I couldn't afford the deck, since it was listed as 2700 dust. But I've added it up twice and even if you only had the adventure cards and the original druid base cards, this would still only cost you 1020 dust. Maybe my math is wrong? Anyway just trying to help or see what I'm missing. Awesome deck, gonna get those Kara cards and craft it!

1 hour ago, Guest Vandersveldt said:

Hey I was looking over this kind of depressed thinking I couldn't afford the deck, since it was listed as 2700 dust. But I've added it up twice and even if you only had the adventure cards and the original druid base cards, this would still only cost you 1020 dust. Maybe my math is wrong? Anyway just trying to help or see what I'm missing. Awesome deck, gonna get those Kara cards and craft it!

I got 940 dust, which should be the correct price as 940+80 (Raven)+80 (Menagerie Warden)+1600 (The Curator)=2700, which is the cost of this deck.
Thanks for pointing out that the actual cost is different from the displayed cost

Just now, Paracel said:

Does Menagerie Warden look like Conan The Barbarian, or is it just me?

Yes!!! lol I was thinking that

3 hours ago, positiv2 said:

I got 940 dust, which should be the correct price as 940+80 (Raven)+80 (Menagerie Warden)+1600 (The Curator)=2700, which is the cost of this deck.
Thanks for pointing out that the actual cost is different from the displayed cost

I got 940 also not counting adventures but if we are counting adventures I got 4,380. Sir Finley Mrrgglton and The Curator would equal 3,200 dust alone. 

51 minutes ago, KingMe said:

I got 940 also not counting adventures but if we are counting adventures I got 4,380. Sir Finley Mrrgglton and The Curator would equal 3,200 dust alone. 

Maybe Karazhan cards only are broken?  Math checks out and it makes sense 'cause thing is new.

Alright, Damien fixed it and it now displays correctly, for me at least. If it still displays incorrectly, let me or Damien know.

Let's finally talk about the deck. Finley was secretly a Murloc all that time. Curator is now legit at drawing 3 plus Azure Drake is a 2-for-1 and Finley Discovers Life Tap.

Mind = blown.

That's insane value and I haven't even seen Stranglethorn Tiger into Menagerie Warden. Oh boy it's going to be the new Secret Paladin.

Guest Vandersveldt
16 hours ago, positiv2 said:

My mistake, I was counting the raven! Thanks for the fix, this is an AMAZING deck for the dust price. I've been loving playing it today!

11 hours ago, Fahrengauss said:

Why no Wrath?

There are aleady enough draws. Curator, Azure Drake, Mark of Y'Shaarj and possibly Sir Finley Mrrgglton. Living Roots are better as a removal spell, and with so many small minions in the deck, you won't find yourself in need of one as often as you would when playing ramp druid.

11 hours ago, positiv2 said:

There are aleady enough draws. Curator, Azure Drake, Mark of Y'Shaarj and possibly Sir Finley Mrrgglton. Living Roots are better as a removal spell, and with so many small minions in the deck, you won't find yourself in need of one as often as you would when playing ramp druid.

Yet Wrath is mentioned in the Mulligan section of the deck, so I suppose it should be updated ;)

• Like 1

On 8/26/2016 at 2:38 PM, Paracel said:

Let's finally talk about the deck. Finley was secretly a Murloc all that time. Curator is now legit at drawing 3 plus Azure Drake is a 2-for-1 and Finley Discovers Life Tap.

Mind = blown.

That's insane value and I haven't even seen Stranglethorn Tiger into Menagerie Warden. Oh boy it's going to be the new Secret Paladin.

Menagerie Warden is insane Value. It's the whole reason I'm playing Druid again. Stranglethorn Tiger is the most consistent target but my favorite target thus far is Savage Combatant while holding Innervate.  Next turn Savage Roar + Concede and I win. :) 

I just wonder whether this deck is enough to reach legend, especially without Fandral, thinking it has some good choose one cards, like two druid cards. Also, I do not think Violet Teacher will be good for this deck, we have to see about that too.

41 minutes ago, FanOfValeera said:

I just wonder whether this deck is enough to reach legend, especially without Fandral, thinking it has some good choose one cards, like two druid cards. Also, I do not think Violet Teacher will be good for this deck, we have to see about that too.

I think so, Although I have't hit Legend myself. I personally took  Violet Teacher and Power of the Wild out for 2 Huge Toads. It's all preference though. You could always replace Violet Teacher for Fandral Staghelm

• Like 1

On 8/27/2016 at 2:52 PM, Sindar said:

Yet Wrath is mentioned in the Mulligan section of the deck, so I suppose it should be updated ;)

Sottle has been busy with all the new content being released and testing it. Give him time, he will update it. :)

Guest JonRC

This deck doesn't play very consistently.  It's really hard to believe that it is able to make it to Legendary.  I mean control mage keeps it well in check. most of the monsters have less than 4 health making them vulnerable to just about everything.  I find myself with a hands that offer very little in terms of options. and it is hard to steal the mid board when coming from behind against warriors.

That said the deck is really close to something great.  i find myself loosing because i draw the wrong card at the end a lot of the time. are there any videos specifically on this deck

1 hour ago, Guest JonRC said:

This deck doesn't play very consistently.  It's really hard to believe that it is able to make it to Legendary.  I mean control mage keeps it well in check. most of the monsters have less than 4 health making them vulnerable to just about everything.  I find myself with a hands that offer very little in terms of options. and it is hard to steal the mid board when coming from behind against warriors.

That said the deck is really close to something great.  i find myself loosing because i draw the wrong card at the end a lot of the time. are there any videos specifically on this deck

I think it's because you aren't used to playing it yet, as it is has resurfaced after a very long time. Kolento used it to reach legend, so it definitely can take you there as well. You can watch some of his videos on youtube, like this one.

What hero power would you recommend picking and against what class - I feel this could be a deciding factor in a lot of games?

As there is no healing in this deck and this is a mid range deck, I find it hard to come back against warriors and rogues especially if the draw isn't very favourable. Have not run in into many mages or shamans yet, but I imagine this would struggle badly against tempo mages.

I've played around with the deck

And have swapped in 

2x Wrath
1x Menagerie Magician
1x (extra) Power of the Wild

For 

- 1 Savage Combatant
- 1 Druid of the Claw
- 1 Violet Apprentice
- 1 Savage Roar

5-0 so far with this version. Menagerie Magician doesn't provide same burst as the 2nd Savage Roar, but I have found that even buffing one beast for 2/2 and having a 4/4 minion provides value in those come from behind games. This works especially well if I need to trade minions to prevent opponent's lethal against other mid/control decks. 

How well would Yogg perform in this deck, especially if you were to put in 2x Wrath? 

This deck is one of the rare cases where I don't have many (almost any) missing cards, and I have not played much as Druid before. The two legendaries in this deck are both obtained from adventure wings which helps a lot for casual f2p like me.

7 hours ago, Neo111 said:

(1) What hero power would you recommend picking and against what class - I feel this could be a deciding factor in a lot of games?

(2) Have not run in into many mages or shamans yet, but I imagine this would struggle badly against tempo mages.

I've played around with the deck

And have swapped in 

(3)

2x Wrath
1x Menagerie Magician
1x (extra) Power of the Wild

For 

- 1 Savage Combatant
- 1 Druid of the Claw
- 1 Violet Apprentice
- 1 Savage Roar

Menagerie Magician doesn't provide same burst as the 2nd Savage Roar, but I have found that even buffing one beast for 2/2 and having a 4/4 minion provides value in those come from behind games. 

(4)
How well would Yogg perform in this deck, especially if you were to put in 2x Wrath? 

(1) It always depends on the situation, but the main problem is that Shapeshift is already very good. When in doubt, pick Life Tap. Steady Shot and Lesser Heal/Armor Up are also OK depending on your game state. Same goes for Fireblast. And Totems > Silver Hand Recruits.

(2) Yes, Mage is really bad matchup. Shaman is manageable but sometimes unbeatable just like always.

(3) When you're behind, it usually means your board is empty, and that's where Menagerie Magician doesn't shine. He needs 2 targets to break through "good" and you don't really have them. Druid of the Claw is flexible and reliable just as always, Savage Combatant is good removal and a huge snowball mechanism and Savage Roar breaks stalemates much like Menagerie Magician does, except it's cheaper and creates more "Oops, I win!" board states, especially when it comes in pairs. Double Power of the Wild without Violet Teacher or Fandral Staghelm is awkward. But I should admit Teacher isn't at her best shape in this deck.

(4) Same goes for a possible Yogg. Even with 2 Wrath spell velocity is just too low to make him meaningful. On its own Wrath is fine, but it synergizes with Teacher that you cut and it doesn't really make up to all the offense Beast deck is putting out.

Guest Ostrichcorpse

Is there any other Murloc to put there instead of Finley? Trashed him for dust a while ago, didn't really get any value from him. I was thinking Bilefin Tidehunter, just for a board presence. 

What about replacing Violet teacher+power of the wild with Faery dragons and mounted Raptors with Zoobots? After all there are good chances that either a beast or dragon  will see the third turn to get the buff. It also gives a nice back-up turn 5 with DoTS + zoobot. Stealth 4\3 is not as good as 5\5 but still a nice target for the warden.

Zoobot is secretly a Shattered Sun Cleric that Blizzard want you to play in 2016.  Do you want to play Shattered Sun Cleric?

Faerie Dragon is really tricky because it's interaction ranges from "good for trading" to "dies to a slightly smaller bunch of stuff". Given the fact you want to keep it alive for Shattered Sun Zoobot, first clause is off the charts making this card meh. It also reduces your The Curator's impact, which I believe to be an incredibly important card for the deck.

Mounted Raptor is just solid. It functions on its own just fine, no frills attached. And then you can buff it, you can draw it, you can copy it and even eat it too. Raptor >>> Cake >>> little girly dragon >>> cocktail robot. 

I mentioned that Violet Teacher and Power of the Wild aren't at full capacity, but it doesn't mean you have to replace them with anything that comes to mind. These cards are powerful, even 75% of their power level can carry you through. I spread this word as a man who was knocked out of his first Hearthstone tournament just today, by (unironically) Power of the Wild played in a Beast Druid deck. 

Guest Navelludd

This is a great deck so far, thanks! Will see how far it will take me :). Just rank 15 right now but 6 easy wins so far.

• Like 1