Damien

Aggro Jade Shaman Gadgetzan Standard

12 posts in this topic

What heroic power should I choose when I play Sir Finley Mrrgglton?

Edited by TheSerafan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any power that supports your aggression will work well: Warlock, Hunter, Mage are the top 3. Druid is pretty good too, Rogue less so but can prove useful if you have already played your Jade Claws. Warrior, Priest and Paladin are best avoided. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patches seems pretty useless? Am I not using him right? there are no buffs for him...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Guest Donkey said:

Patches seems pretty useless? Am I not using him right? there are no buffs for him...

Patches may seem weak on the surface but he is much stronger than he looks. He is a free summon when you play a Pirate as long as he is in your deck, so say turn 1 you play Southsea Deckhand on turn one, Patches is then summoned from your deck and you can go face with him. On turn 2 if both are still alive you can play Flametongue Totem in the middle and go face with Patches and Southsea Deckhand for 7 damage which brings the total to 8 damage for only 3 mana plus you also thinned your deck by one card. This is just one example, there are many other different combos that he can play a part in. So all in all he is stronger than he looks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, KingMe said:

Patches may seem weak on the surface but he is much stronger than he looks. He is a free summon when you play a Pirate as long as he is in your deck, so say turn 1 you play Southsea Deckhand on turn one, Patches is then summoned from your deck and you can go face with him. On turn 2 if both are still alive you can play Flametongue Totem in the middle and go face with Patches and Southsea Deckhand for 7 damage which brings the total to 8 damage for only 3 mana plus you also thinned your deck by one card. This is just one example, there are many other different combos that he can play a part in. So all in all he is stronger than he looks. 

To add to these, turn 1 pirate + Patches lets you counter a turn 2 Doomsayer by using Flametongue Totem. This exact sequence of cards has won me many games against renolocks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CodeRazor said:

To add to these, turn 1 pirate + Patches lets you counter a turn 2 Doomsayer by using Flametongue Totem. This exact sequence of cards has won me many games against renolocks.

This adds to the point I was trying to make. He is a very explosive card and honestly I'm glad they made him a Legendary. Could you imagine if you could have 2 in your deck? Hmm, Now I'm thinking about playing him in a rouge with Gang Up.  I'll let you know how badly this fails. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really liking this Shaman List, made a few changes though to make it more consistent in my meta game. 
I think Doomhammer is too slow, also allot of people play ooze since it is such a good tech card in current meta.

I run 2 claws instead. And to replace rockbiter I run Thalnos and a 2nd Lava Burst. 
Games vs Rogue become much weaker though. 

Edited by Aexra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was a dumbass and disenchanted Finley a while back, what should I replace it with for now? I was thinking a Thing From Below so having to totem is a bit less bad, or maybe just a second Maelstorm/Burst

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guest Tippy said:

I was a dumbass and disenchanted Finley a while back, what should I replace it with for now? I was thinking a Thing From Below so having to totem is a bit less bad, or maybe just a second Maelstorm/Burst

Maelstrom Portal would be the better card out of the ones that you mentioned.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Loading...