Mortal Coil — Warlock Card
Table of Contents
Mortal Coil is a Warlock-only spell. 2 copies of this card are given to you when you reach Level 4 with Warlock. Later, when you reach Level 43 and 44 with that class, you get a golden version of this card. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Mortal Coil is an innocuous-looking card, but it has a very powerful effect. In actual gameplay, it turns out that you can almost always use Mortal Coil to kill a minion, and so get to draw a card for 1 Mana on a regular basis. It is a great defense against highly aggressive decks, which will often use minions with only 1 Health.
2. Constructed Play
Mortal Coil is almost an automatic inclusion in slower Warlock decks. The ability to cycle is still an important one, even when you have Life Tap available. It also has fantastic synergy with Defile, where the point of damage can often be used to complete a chain reaction that clears the entire enemy board.
Mortal Coil is a very good card in Arena. The card draw helps to make your deck more consistent, which is one of the big problems that Arena decks can suffer.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- Lakkari Sacrifice Cataclysm Combo Warlock Deck
- Lakkari Sacrifice Warlock Quest Deck
- Basic Warlock Deck
- Reno Combo Warlock Wild Un'Goro Deck
- N'Zoth Reno Warlock Wild Un'Goro Deck
- Cheap The Crone Zoo Warlock Deck (Heroic Mode)
- Basic Razorgore the Untamed Warlock Deck (Normal Mode)
- Basic Highlord Omokk Warlock Deck (Normal Mode)
- Basic Rend Blackhand Warlock Deck (Normal Mode)
- Basic Baron Geddon Warlock Deck (Normal Mode)
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #25
- Check out What's Coming up in the Next Few Months
- Tavern Brawl: Pick a Hand, Any Hand
- HGG Cheer: Win a Card Back, Packs & Twitch Emotes
- BlizzCon Virtual Ticket, Goody Bag, Mobile App, More
- Special Event: Rise for Days of the Frozen Throne!
- September 2018 Ranked Play Season - On the Level
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #24
- Basic Shaman Deck
- Hearthstone Hunter Spells, Minions, and Weapons
- Malygos Rogue
- Puzzle Lab's Lethal Puzzles
- Arena Priest Tier Lists
- Monster Hunt Progress Thread
- Secret Paladin Wild