Zoo Warlock Deck List Guide - Ashes of Outland March 2020
This guide contains detailed strategy, mulligan, and deck-building information to help you improve your Zoo Warlock play for The Ashes of Outland meta.
Zoo Warlock is an aggressive board-centric deck that has existed since the beginning of Hearthstone. It uses cheap and powerful minions to flood the board to create an early dominant board position that can snowball out of control for quick victories.
Import This Deck in Hearthstone
Rate This Deck
Zoo Warlock Mulligan Guide
As an Aggro deck, Zoo Warlock needs to be very quick onto the board in order to secure dominant board position to begin making use of the powerful synergies in the deck.
- General Mulligan — Flame Imp, Crystallizer, Magic Carpet.
- Mulligan Against Aggro — Voidwalker.
- Mulligan Against Control — Neferset Thrasher, Diseased Vulture.
Zoo Warlock Strategy
The aim of Zoo Warlock is to secure an early board position using cards like Flame Imp and Voidwalker before using synergies like Knife Juggler and Grim Rally with Mecharoo to compound your board advantage. Despite being an Aggro deck, you should regularly take value trades on the board to ensure you are able to protect the rest of your board for maximum long-term damage. As you slowly chip away at your opponent's Health, you will eventually reach a position where you burst down your opponent with any minions remaining on your board.
Against Aggro it is even more important to take any value trades available. Using Magic Carpet will allow you to use all of your 1-drops to immediately trade with your opponent. As Aggro decks will generally lack any form of AoE to deal with your board, maintaining control of the board alone is often enough to win the game as you will simply outvalue your opponent.
Against Control it is important to play a much more conservatively on the board. You should expect your board to get cleared at least once, so it is important to hold back a healthy amount of resources in anticipation. Life Tap will become your best friend while you have control of the board and will allow you replenish your resources while waiting for opponents to react to your board. Winning against Control will usually require you to continually repopulate your board and force your opponent to run out of removal and board clears in hand.
Zoo Warlock Card Swaps
- Against Aggro — Add 1x Argent Squire for 1x EVIL Cable Rat.
- Against Control — Add 1x EVIL Recruiter for 1x EVIL Cable Rat.
- 26 Mar. 2020: Deck has been updated for the Ashes of Outland pre-patch. Removed 1x Leeroy Jenkins for 1x Sea Giant.
- 10 Dec. 2019: Deck has been updated for the Descent of Dragons expansion. Removed 2x EVIL Recruiter, 2x Imp Gang Boss for 2x Faceless Corruptor, 2x Scarab Egg.
- 09 Oct. 2019: Deck has been updated for the Doom in the Tomb patch. Removed 2x Soulfire for 2x Imp Gang Boss.
- 01 Sep. 2019: Deck has been updated for the September play season. Removed 2x Serpent Egg, 1x Sea Giant, 1x Abusive Sergeant for 2x Diseased Vulture, 2x Crystallizer.
- 06 Aug. 2019: Deck has been updated for the Saviors of Uldum expansion. Removed 2x Scarab Egg, 2x Dire Wolf Alpha, 2x Argent Squire, 1x Abusive Sergeant for 2x EVIL Recruiter, 2x Serpent Egg, 2x Neferset Thrasher, 2x EVIL Cable Rat
- 01 Jul. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the July card rotation.
- 05 Jun. 2019: Deck has been updated for the June balance patch. Removed 1x Crystallizer for 1x SN1P-SN4P.
- 01 May 2019: Deck updated for the May play season. Removed 2x Doubling Imp, 2x Hench-Clan Hogsteed, 2x Eager Underling, 2x Hench-Clan Hag, 1x Spellbreaker for 2x Magic Carpet, 2x Mecharoo, 2x Argent Squire, 2x Abusive Sergeant, 1x Crystallizer.
- 08 Apr. 2019: Deck and guide have been completely overhauled for the Rise of Shadows expansion.
- 03 Mar. 2019: Deck has been updated for the March play season. Removed 2x Soul Infusion, 2x Doubling Imp for 2x Spellbreaker, 2x Despicable Dreadlord.
- 01 Jan. 2019: Deck has been reviewed for the January play season.
- 11 Dec. 2018: Deck has been reviewed and deemed appropriate for the Rastakhan's Rumble expansion.
- 26 Oct. 2018: Swapped the Spellbreaker and Leeroy Jenkins back for Doomguards.
- 02 Sep. 2018: Swapped the Doomguards for a Spellbreaker and a Leeroy Jenkins.
- 07 Aug. 2018: Updated for The Boomsday Project: added The Soularium, Soul Infusion, and Doubling Imp.
- 18 Jul. 2018: Deck added.
- 25 Years of Warcraft Anniversary Video 8K Upscale
- The Blizzard April Fools Archive and Highlights
- Ranked Mode Overhaul Matchmaking FAQ
- The Best WarCraft Meme(s) of All Time
- Hearthstone 17.0 Update Hotfix Schedule
- Blizzard Sending Out Classic Burning Crusade Character Creation Surveys
- Diablo Community Manager Nevalistis Leaves Blizzard
- Free Decks for Returning Players Clarifications
- Face Hunter
- Return of the Mechazod Brawl
- Control Priest
- Galakrond Zoo Warlock
- Why am I losing?
- Dragon Hunter
- Reno Mage Deck - Galakrond's Awakening 2020 - PapaJason's Top 50 Legend
- Highlander Galakrond Rogue Deck - Galakrond's Awakening February 2020 - Jambre's Rank 4 Legend