Classic Rogue Goldmaking Guide: The Best Ways to Make Gold
Welcome to our Goldmaking guide for Rogues, where you will learn the best ways to make Gold with a Rogue in WoW Classic.
In WoW Classic, professions are useful when leveling, as abilities cost money and, even if you are being careful about what abilities you buy, it will still cost a decent amount. Usually, you will want to pick up professions that will benefit your armor type later on, meaning, as a Rogue, Skinning and Leatherworking are very useful for crafting your own armor; however, when leveling, it is sometimes best to pick up 2 gathering professions in order to maximize your gold-making possibilities.
Best Gathering Professions for Rogue
If you are attempting to Level to 60 as quickly as possible, then you want to avoid some of the gathering professions that take a lot of time, such as Fishing. One of the quickest professions while leveling is Skinning, since it does not require you to go out of your way, as you will just be skinning what you kill. Pairing this with Herbalism or Mining will allow you to maximize your gold-making in a more passive way, since Herbalism and Mining usually will not require you to go out of your way much either.
Best Crafting Professions for Rogue
All of the crafting professions (Tailoring, Leatherworking, Blacksmithing, Enchanting, and Alchemy) can be very profitable, however each is tied to the reagents gained from a gathering profession and do take time to level. Due to this, we recommend focusing on gathering professions early on and saving the crafting professions for later. If you do choose to pick up a crafting profession, then it is recommended that you pair it with a gathering profession that supports it, such as Herbalism and Alchemy.
Gold Farming Spots
Crusader Weapon Enchant
Scarlet Spellbinders have a chance to drop Formula: Enchant Weapon - Crusader, which is the best weapon enchant for Rogues and most other melee classes. You can sell this formula to players with Enchanting, or if you are one, learn it and sell the enchant to other players. The enemies at Tyr's Hand also drop Runecloth, Major Healing Potion, and other profitable items.
The elementals in Arathi Highlands drop Elemental Fire, Elemental Earth, and Elemental Water, which are used to craft Fire, Nature, or Frost Protection potions. These potions are very useful for raiding and in some encounters they are almost required. Due to how useful these potions are, the reagents can be fairly profitable.
Rogue Exclusive Gold Making
As a Rogue, you have access to the Pick Pocket ability at Level 4. Pickpocket is only usable from Stealth, which is available at Level 1, but it requires you to buy from the class trainer for 10 copper.
You can only Pickpocket from monsters that have pockets. If you attempt to Pick Pocket a monster that does not have pockets, then the monster does not aggro you. If the monster resists the Pickpocket, then the monster will detect you and aggro. You can use Vanish to circumvent this from happening.
There are 3 talents that will help speed up your Gold per Hour, or at lower level Pickpocketing, improve your stealthiness. If you plan on hours of gold farming and are willing to change your talents to do so, it is recommended that you choose the talents Master of Deception, Elusiveness, and Camouflage.
Best Dungeons for Pick Pocketing
Although these dungeons are the best for gold per hour, it is still recommended that you pickpocket while leveling whenever you can.
When you successfully Pickpocket a monster, you will receive coins and a chance for a junkbox. These junkboxes require Lockpicking in order to open and are obtained at the following levels:
- NPC Level 22-32: Battered Junkbox
- NPC Level 32-42: Worn Junkbox
- NPC Level 42-52: Sturdy Junkbox
- NPC Level 52-60: Heavy Junkbox
These junkboxes can contain potions, junk items, gems, recipes, green gear, and many more items.
- 25 May 2020: Updated some of the gold farming location information.
- 20 Jun. 2019: Page added.
- Upcoming Burning Crusade Classic Realm Consolidation: August 10th
- Free Character Moves from Firemaw
- The Burning Crusade Classic Character Clone Service Retiring Soon
- World First Classic Sunwell Plateau Kill Claimed by Old School
- The Sunwell Plateau Is Now Live on Burning Crusade Classic
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Guides Now Live
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 5th
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Arrives May 10th
- Healing Druids (Moonglow/NG) - Crit Chance
- Jolteon 1 - Pendulum of DOOM PvP - Level 39 BiS Enhancement Shaman TBC
- Jailer is in ICC!
- Icy Veins Talent Sequence Addon
- Shaman Tank comprehensive guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Classic Season of Mastery as a proficient Shaman Tank
- Melee Hunter Guide - Playing World of Warcraft as a Melee Hunter
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank