Classic Shaman Goldmaking Guide: The Best Ways to Make Gold
Welcome to our Goldmaking guide for Shamans, where you will learn the best ways to make Gold with a Shaman in WoW Classic.
1. Gold Making Guide for Shamans
Earning gold is an incredibly important part of Classic WoW and will be very important for many things. There are large purchases that you will want to make, such as getting your epic mount or getting better gear from the auction house. You will also have lots of reoccurring purchases, such as consumables for raiding and PvP. The bottom line is that gold is important, both for quality of life and getting important items to help your gameplay. One of the most important things to do once you hit Level 60 for the first time, or even before that, is to work to establish a gold-making source.
In Classic, there are no passive combat bonuses for choosing specific professions. This means that you are free to choose whatever you would like. Despite this, professions can be incredibly important for lots of things, and it is important to consider the possible benefits before choosing. Some professions are great for making gold, while some are more suited to helping you in actual gameplay.
2.1. Gathering Professions
Especially at the start, materials will be expensive. This is especially true for minerals, herbs, and skins that come from higher level zones and enemies. Mining, Herbalism, Skinning, and Fishing are all great choices for gold-making, and should be learned early during the leveling phase, so that you never have to return to low level areas to increase your skill. In order to keep your Mining and Herbalism skill relevant as you level, you will have to spend more time in an area than what would be ideal for speed leveling. Gathering materials before hitting the level cap will also help you level crafting professions that use those materials.
2.2. Crafting Professions
Tailoring, Leatherworking, Blacksmithing, Enchanting, and Alchemy can all be quite profitable, as long as you level them early and search for rare recipes. Tailoring, Blacksmithing, and Leatherworking can craft good gear, some of it best in slot. Enchanting is needed to bring that gear to its maximum potential. Meanwhile, Alchemy creates consumables, which are especially relevant when raiding and in PvP. Due to the short duration nature of Alchemy's potions, this is an especially relevant profession for gold making, and you also get to transmute one valuable Arcanite Bar every day. Engineering can also make some interesting gear and relevant consumables, but those are generally only usable by engineers, which limits its usefulness in gold making.
2.3. Vendor Sniping
Certain vendors, such as Ghok'kah, sell very valuable recipes, or even raw materials, on a limited stock, which slowly replenishes over time. Being aware of this and reselling the recipe or materials to other players can generate high profits, although it is difficult to buy these items consistently.
3. Gold Making as a Healer Shaman
Shaman Healers are not good world farmers in WoW Classic: their outgoing damage is very low, and self-healing reduces your Mana pool, which you will need to use to kill enemies. Where they shine, however, is inside dungeons and similar zones where enemies hit very hard, and a healer is all but necessary. As healers can be hard to find, you can try and sell your services in trade chat, either by asking people looking for a healer if they would pay you to heal for their groups or by straight up announcing that you are available to heal in trade chat, stating a price. It is also viable to team up with a strong DPS, such as a Warrior or Warlock, for both to farm more easily.
4. Gold Making as a DPS Shaman
DPS Shamans can dish out extreme amounts of burst damage, both single-target and area of effect. However, their sustainability and capacity to continually pull is weak, as their Mana does not last for long. Teaming up with another DPS class, such as a Mage, could help both farm even faster!
While describing every single possible farm spot in the game is out of the scope of this guide, you will generally be searching for spots with many enemies, ensuring that you can pull continuously without needing to wait for respawns. Also, these enemies should be able to drop valuable items for your time investment in killing them.
4.1. Eastern Plaguelands Farm Spots
Eastern Plaguelands is one of the best places to farm, and we will go into more detail on some of its best farming spots below, as an example:
Plaguebats are scattered around most of the zone (yellow areas) and are easy to kill for Shamans, since their main ability is a fear effect you can promptly remove with Tremor Totem or straight up interrupt with Earth Shock. They often drop valuable grey items, which leads to slow, but steady gold farming.
4.1.2. Tyr's Hand
Tyr's Hand is a Scarlet Crusade fortified area, where a lot of elite enemies are present (red area), and which can be a very profitable farming spot. The enemies at Tyr's Hand drop a lot of currency, Runecloth, Major Healing Potion, high level greens, and other profitable items.
4.2. Other Farm Spots
Besides Eastern Plaguelands, you can also farm:
- Elementals in Arathi Highlands for Elemental Fire, Elemental Earth, and Elemental Water, which are used to make Fire, Nature, and Frost Protection potions.
- Winterfall Furbolgs for Winterfall Firewater, Runecloth, and Major Healing Potion, as well as materials for Juju Power.
- Satyrs in Azshara and Felwood for Felcloth, Runecloth, Major Healing Potion and, especially, Demonic Runes which are great for raiding.
- Notably, Scarlet Spellbinders (found around this area) can drop Formula: Enchant Weapon - Crusader, a rare formula which you can sell to enchanters for a large sum of gold, or if you are one, sell the enchant itself to other players.
These are all valuable materials you can sell to other players, but beware of other people attempting to do the same, as the number of enemies available can become rather limited when there are more than a handful of farmers in the same spot.
- 02 Aug. 2019: Page added.
- Classic LFG Addon to Be Limited by Blizzard
- WoW Classic Realms Population Report: August 23rd
- WoW Classic Launch Event at HyperX: August 26th
- New WoW Classic Realms Opening August 26th
- WoW Classic Realms Population Report: August 22nd
- Method Classic Race Streaming Event
- Original Vanilla Devs Chat at Classic Play Session
- WoW Classic Realm Population Hub
- WoW Classic Guild - NewGen |Hardcore|Horde|European|
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- Classic guild recruitment- server laughing skull*
- Classic expectations
- [US] [PvP] Dead Naga Storage [Horde][Hardcore][Progression] Recruitment
- [A] Ludicrous Speed Oceanic - Arugal - PvP (Australia/NZ/Asia)
- [A] Treachery | Herod | NA PvP | Tuesday 10 PM - 1 AM | One Night Raiding
- Centurion [A][PvE/PvP][Casual][Zandalar Tribe]