Hunter DPS Season of Mastery Phase 1/2 Gear
On this page, you will find the best gear and best in slot items from Molten Core and Onyxia's Lair for your Hunter DPS in WoW Classic's Season of Mastery. For pre-raid BiS, please refer to our Hunter DPS Gearing and Best in Slot guide for the Season of Mastery.
Hunter Season of Mastery Best in Slot (BiS) List for Molten Core / Onyxia's Lair
This is the gear we recommend you to chase while doing the first raids in the game: Molten Core and Onyxia's Lair. If you are instead progressing through Tier 2 / Blackwing Lair, Tier 2.5 / AQ40, or Tier 3 / Naxxramas, see our updated lists for later phases instead.
Hunter's Tier 1, Giantstalker Armor is an incredible set that will be your BiS setup for a long time if you are lucky enough to obtain all 8 pieces. While the 3 and 5 piece bonus do not provide any DPS benefit, the 8 piece bonus gives you 15% more damage on Multi-Shot and Volley, making it a very strong set in addition to providing an excellent assortment of stats compared to other pieces available. The set is so strong in fact, that once you have your full 8 pieces, you will not stop wearing it until you have the full 8 pieces of Tier 2 to replace it.
The list below contains gear from: raids, epic PvP sets (above rank 11) and world bosses, as well as some gear from dungeons and quests, when warranted.
|Quiver||BiS: Ancient Sinew Wrapped Lamina||From the same quest chain as Rhok'delar|
*While we are only listing the Horde versions of the PvP set and PvP reputation gear, equivalent versions can be found on the Alliance side, with the same requirements, cost and stats.
**You craft the shells using Engineering and exchange them for the arrows at an NPC in Orgrimmar or Ironforge.
Other Best in Slot Lists
As this list is meant to be used for Hunters in WoW Classic's Season of Mastery, we have created separate gear lists for those interested in optimizing themselves for the "main" branch of Classic instead. If you are not playing in the Season of Mastery, it is recommended that you consult this gear hub instead.
- 19 Dec. 2021: Added items from Phase 2 world bosses.
- 15 Nov. 2021: Guide added for the Season of Mastery.
- Wrath Classic Phase 2 Launching on January 17th
- Naxxramas Achievement Rewards to Remain Available Throughout Wrath Classic
- Patch 3.4.1 PTR Development Notes: January 6th
- Summon Gargoyle Changes on the Wrath Classic PTR
- Ahead of the Curve and Cutting Edge Achievements Coming to Wrath Classic
- No Changes Planned for Ulduar Tier Sets Beyond 6 Item Level Bump
- Wrath Classic Season 1 Ends January 9th
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update