FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Eton145

New Legendary Cards

Overall, I think I am disappointed with the new legendary cards.  All classes having a legendary weapon is nice to be honest.  Personally I think Twig of the World Tree is useless (unless you are trying to stop your opponent from playing minions that affect weapons).  Same in my opinion goes for Master Oakheart since the best 1 attk minion to get would probably be Bloodmage Thalnos or something class specific like Crypt Lord. 2 attk would probably be something class specific again like Ixlid, Fungal Lord, and for 3 attk you are looking at something like Knuckles. All of which are class specific legendary minions that would need to be somewhere in your deck.  Aluneth seems like the perfect card to run in an Aggro mage deck since if you ran it in almost any other mage deck you would probably fill your hand up and discard or you opponent would hit you with the Coldlight Oracle and then you would really be screwed.  Temporus just pisses me off by looking at him.  In hearthstone if you can play him successfully without dying, then that probably means you could have won without even using him in the first place.  It really sounds like a suicide move against most decks in my opinion to.  If you are facing a OTK mage, they could take 3 turns if they get their quest done during their already extra turn.  Odds are you could get hit by Alexstrasza during their first turn, and then she hits your face for 8 damage the next turn. It should not be hard for your opponent to dish out that missing 7 damage in 2 turns.  The rest of the legendary cards I am fine with.  I personally do not see any of them as potentially game breaking like Highlander priest when it got it's Deathknight card.  I am already going to try out a Drakkari Enchanter and Geosculptor Yip with a high armor warrior deck later.  Ideally I will just get a pair of free 8/8 minions at worst or 12/12 at best.  Easily counter-able by Deathknight priest, and a handful of other cards but should be devastating in most cases

I meant to throw in Woecleaver into this since it's high cost means that by the time you equip it, your best recruit-able minions are either in your hand or already played depending on what they are.  The best things to recruit are essentially anything with charge or anything with a negative battle cry. Best example would probably be something like Charged Devilsaur - in-fact I think Blizzard used that as an example for the recruit usage trial run somewhere

The set is still new and we might see a few surprises in the days to come but even if not just be happy no need to buy many packs and no need to spend tons of dust, just ignore the legendary cards :D

But they are not all bad. I had some mad games with Sonya Shadowdancer and Grumble, Worldshaker.

Master Oakheart requires indeed a good deck construction but if that's the case he can impact very nicely.

Edited by Caldyrvan

Oakheart is actuallu good in warlock. You certainly dont want to play voidlords from hand, because they are expensive. So you try to get them with Oakheart and the weapon.

You can also get Rin with it.

I mean, if you dont care about battlecries, that card could be good in any deck where you play multiple minions with small attacks.

12 hours ago, Eton145 said:

I meant to throw in Woecleaver into this since it's high cost means that by the time you equip it, your best recruit-able minions are either in your hand or already played depending on what they are.  The best things to recruit are essentially anything with charge or anything with a negative battle cry. Best example would probably be something like Charged Devilsaur - in-fact I think Blizzard used that as an example for the recruit usage trial run somewhere

I played someone using this weapon.  Early turns were them just boosting armor as much as possible, then they played the weapon on turn 8.  They filled their deck with only massive minions, so for example first recruit was Ysera.  Then after that is was recuit one big minion, and play a second with 9 mana.  Rinse and repeat.  Works if you aren't going up against an aggro deck that will kill you before turn 8.

Edited by Mursilis

8 hours ago, FanOfValeera said:

You can also get Rin with it.

Isn't the whole point of Rin, the First Disciple the battlecry?

For the armor stall warrior that would be a valid strategy as long as you don't face aggro decks and you have proper massive minions.  You could even through in the Dead Man's Hand so you can get the same massive minion twice or the weapon twice.  So far no one has commented on Twig of the World Tree or Temporus so I am going to wait another week or two and see if Pesty or someone else posts a deck that utilizes either of them.

1 hour ago, Eton145 said:

Isn't the whole point of Rin, the First Disciple the battlecry?

I think you got confused, Rin has Taunt and a Deathrattle effect, so it's totally fine to recruit her :)

1 hour ago, Eton145 said:

So far no one has commented on Twig of the World Tree or Temporus so I am going to wait another week or two and see if Pesty or someone else posts a deck that utilizes either of them.

I got a golden Twig and I can smell it's 1600 dust :D maybe it'll be seen in some fancy decks but I doubt to see it in tier 1 or 2.

Temporus is simply bad even too bad to be a funny joke.

Edited by Caldyrvan
  • Like 1

Yeah I misread Rin.  I got Woecleaver from a pack so I have been trying to use it.  3 games later and I somehow never got it.  I even ran double Forge of Souls but the deck I made was a modified one of somewhere off of this site so it had a lot of weapons.  More deck rebuilding to do

31 minutes ago, Caldyrvan said:

I think you got confused, Rin has Taunt and a Deathrattle effect, so it's totally fine to recruit her :)

I got a golden Twig and I can smell it's 1600 dust :D maybe it'll be seen in some fancy decks but I doubt to see it in tier 1 or 2.

Temporus is simply bad even too bad to be a funny joke.

If you play wild, Twig can be useful in Aviana Kun decks. If not, it doesn't seem very useful in standard for now, though I think you should wait.

2 hours ago, Eton145 said:

So far no one has commented on Twig of the World Tree or Temporus so I am going to wait another week or two and see if Pesty or someone else posts a deck that utilizes either of them.

I think Temporus is similar in use as Nozdormu, put in play as much to confuse and potentially entertain yourself and your opponent as anything else.  It's not really a win condition by itself but could be really giggle-worthy if it got pulled by a Barnes in the beginning of the game.

34 minutes ago, FanOfValeera said:

If you play wild, Twig can be useful in Aviana Kun decks. If not, it doesn't seem very useful in standard for now, though I think you should wait.

I'm not playing wild and I think the only deck in standard the Twig will fit in has a good potential to be a boring one :D But I keep it for now :)

Edited by Caldyrvan

44 minutes ago, Mursilis said:

I think Temporus is similar in use as Nozdormu, put in play as much to confuse and potentially entertain yourself and your opponent as anything else.  It's not really a win condition by itself but could be really giggle-worthy if it got pulled by a Barnes in the beginning of the game.

Nozdormu is a tech against exodia mage :P

• Haha 1

Personally I think Temporus is a whole lot better then people give him credit for.  He has some very viable tech applications and can be playable off of Netherspite Historian in a few matches, most notably control warlock and raza priest. I think he has a yogg effect going for him, people only saw the bad part of yoggs effect on release but never saw the swing potential since you only ever played yogg when you were losing.  In both the aforementioned matches, it is really hard to stick a board against them, and if you play Temporus when your board is empty you will rarely lose vs control warlock, and if raza priest has the juice to kill you, then 19/20 times you would have lost that match up anyways (going into late game vs raza priest who has enough pieces of their combo to kill you when you are playing a board centric deck is most likely a lost game).  You can use him to set up OTKs with Inner Fire combos or just stick a large board and pray they don't have an answer, or just use it to play several large minions.  In otherwords, in almost all cases that your opponent can kill you with two turns, you have lost the game, but it lets you steal some otherwise completely unwinnable match ups away.  Now I doubt this card will ever see wide spread play (he is incredibly bad in so many match ups like rogue/mage match ups), but as a tech choice in tournaments, or if the ladder ever becomes filled with control locks and machine gun priests, this has potential.  

Edited by VaraTreledees
  • Like 2

I'm not sure if I want to agree or not but your thoughts on this are somehow inspiring :)

Edited by Caldyrvan

4 hours ago, Synesthesy said:

Nozdormu is a tech against exodia mage :P

Seems like a bit of overkill to me, but I like the thought process behind the idea nonetheless.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mursilis said:

Seems like a bit of overkill to me, but I like the thought process behind the idea nonetheless.

I don't own Nozdormu, of course. But it wins game when you pick him from Free From Amber in late game against exodia mage :) It isn't really a matter of time, but a matter of pressure. They think only how to kill Nozdormu and misplay, always.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Synesthesy said:

I have opened a King Togwaggle :|

You did? So how does he look inside?

never mind ... My condolences.

Edited by Caldyrvan
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Caldyrvan said:

You did? So how does he look inside?

never mind ... My condolences.

Have you seen Savjz togwaggle deck?  It is hilarious.  I want to try it.  Warrior deck that quickly draws through it's entire deck, then uses togwaggle and explore ungoro on the same turn.  Then after they ransom the deck back, you play geist to destroy it and dead man's hand to give yourself a deck.  It is meme-tastic.  It isn't good, but oh boy does it look fun.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, VaraTreledees said:

Have you seen Savjz togwaggle deck?  It is hilarious.  I want to try it.  Warrior deck that quickly draws through it's entire deck, then uses togwaggle and explore ungoro on the same turn.  Then after they ransom the deck back, you play geist to destroy it and dead man's hand to give yourself a deck.  It is meme-tastic.  It isn't good, but oh boy does it look fun.

Their are only 2 decks that are more meme-tastic then that warrior deck switcharoo.  That 1 legendary only RNG deck, forgot what class you use to run it. And Warlock Highlander.  What is Warlock Highlander you ask?

A Warlock plays Renounce Darkness, gets all Priest cards, and by the power of RNBS, gets a perfect HighLander Priest deck with all of his cards being 1 less.

• Haha 1