FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

Midrange Paladin Deck List

Guest Martyknutsen

Paladin is a hidden gem. Having no Tarim I've opted for hogger in the seven slot. It's doing ok I guess but I can't help thinking there's a better fit until I gather up the dust for Tarim. Any ideas?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Guest Martyknutsen said:

Paladin is a hidden gem. Having no Tarim I've opted for hogger in the seven slot. It's doing ok I guess but I can't help thinking there's a better fit until I gather up the dust for Tarim. Any ideas?

Although Hogger is my favourite legendary, and can be a huge issue for your opponent sometimes, the expected value is quite low, and there are a lot of better cards t consider, such as Bluegill WarriorAcidic Swamp Ooze or Primalfin Lookout.

Guest Matty

Any place in the deck for a Tar Creeper? Encountering alot of aggro atm so i was thinking about swapping a Murloc Warleader for a Tar Creeper.

25 minutes ago, Guest Matty said:

Any place in the deck for a Tar Creeper? Encountering alot of aggro atm so i was thinking about swapping a Murloc Warleader for a Tar Creeper.

I don't think I'd drop the Warleader for it. If you wanted to take out the Ivory Knight for either the Tar Creeper, or for Wickerflame Burnbristle, that would be fine. The Warleader can be good against aggro when it buffs your turn 2 Hydrologist.

Edit: lowered the warleader level a touch. (From really good)

One slight correction... you suggest that a Lightfused Stegodon might be a good pick up from Stonehill Defender, but I don't think that's possible since it's not a taunt minion.

Edited by Vent

8 hours ago, Vent said:

One slight correction... you suggest that a Lightfused Stegodon might be a good pick up from Stonehill Defender, but I don't think that's possible since it's not a taunt minion.

Thanks for pointing this out, we'll be fixing this shortly. The author meant Stegodon.

Guest King Ceph

so i am at lower ranks like 20-17 i have watched lots of videos of how to play  does it also take time to get used to situations and i seem to play very controll in almost all my match ups but some how just go against crazy tempo swings and i cant recover

10 hours ago, Guest King Ceph said:

so i am at lower ranks like 20-17 i have watched lots of videos of how to play  does it also take time to get used to situations and i seem to play very controll in almost all my match ups but some how just go against crazy tempo swings and i cant recover

It doesn't really take much getting used to, but you should probably practice in casual for a bit until you switch to ranked. I played 2 casual games and then switched to ranked and win-streaked from rank 11 to rank 9.

As for playing very control oriented, that's a mistake with this deck since it's a midrange deck. It has great cards to keep/regain board dominance but doesn't have any of the standard late game control mechanics.

The main strengths of the deck are as follows:

Strong murloc opening- Vilefin Inquisitor, Rockpool hunter, murloc warleader, gentle megasaur (This can destroy aggro decks as well as control decks before they can even begin to take control)

Board control- If your opponent's side is full of huge minions you can regain control by using sun keeper tarim to turn all minions to 3/3s (so you should be using your hero power to have lots of 1/1 tokens) Or you can use the classic equality/consecration if they're completely overwhelming you.

Heals- Ragnaros, lay on hands, and ivory knight are all incredible for catching back up after a difficult start

The two aspects of this deck that takes some getting used to is deciding which secret to choose for each situation, and which taunts/adapts to choose. Practice a bit in casual though and you'll figure it out in no time.

Good luck, hope this helps!

Past rank 8 the current meta is consisting of mostly secret mage ATM. With all their spell creation they seem to consistently be able to counter spells and mirror entity the biggest minions.

Can the pirate crab be swapped out for an eater of secrets? Or should I even put in 2 eaters?

48 minutes ago, Abelcain said:

Past rank 8 the current meta is consisting of mostly secret mage ATM. With all their spell creation they seem to consistently be able to counter spells and mirror entity the biggest minions.

Can the pirate crab be swapped out for an eater of secrets? Or should I even put in 2 eaters?

Sure, you can swap in one copy, but if it proves to be not enough, you can add a second one. However, at this point, one should be enough.

A similar list to this took me to Rank 5 for the first time. With a WR over 61%. (62-39). From Rank 9 to Rank 5, I went 11-1.

One of the best matchups is warrior (12-4) , not sure about archetype WR's specifically. Though I can say it works against both. If you can stay alive until you hit Spikeridged Steed, game is nearly over against pirate warrior. Or, you can build your board faster with Vilefin InquisitorMurloc Tidecaller and Murloc Warleader. If you're ahead on board against this deck by Turn 5, its almost always a win, because in mid game, taunts take place.

Hunter (8-3), Rogue (9-4) , Paladin mirrors (7-2), Priest (8-4) worked well for me.

Shaman is a terrible matchup (2-8), at least, it is not common. Also, these numbers are before I added two copies of Equality to the deck. After it, I've never seen one.

Mage is the most abundant matchup for sure, with 22 games. Especially secret mage is a pain in the neck. However, both freeze and control  mage matchups can be handled with an aggresive approach, while both seemed to be advantageous over mid paladin according to statistics. Total numbers are 12-10.

Didn't play against a single Warlock with this deck.

Guest Menyet

I have trouble against Rogue quest decks. When they finish the quest really quickly (sometimes as early as round 4), then I have trouble against the charging 5/5 horde.

Any advice or recommended spells or minions against them?

1 hour ago, Guest Menyet said:

I have trouble against Rogue quest decks. When they finish the quest really quickly (sometimes as early as round 4), then I have trouble against the charging 5/5 horde.

Any advice or recommended spells or minions against them?

Murloc midrange paladin should be favoured against quest rogue, and my experience with this deck (though a bit limited) confirms that. This deck runs solid removal, but also has enough early game minions to help you defend and clear the board in the early game. Sunkeeper Tarim and Tirion Fordring help you stabilize on board, and Ragnaros, Lightlord helps you get out of charge range.

It's important to get a lot of juice from your Equality + Consecration combo, and to keep the board clear with your minions, even if it means suboptimal trades, as you will be able to overpower your opponent in the late-game.

I would suggest uploading a few replays of your losses against quest rogues (3 or 4 should be enough), so we can figure out what is wrong, and which swaps will help you based on your playstyle.

Guest Laughtermath

One change that really helped me is taking out golakka crawlerand replacing it with coldlight oracle. works well with the murloc synergy and also helps get to the much needed end game cards faster

I find it really confusing to know which deck ppl are talking about unless they name it exactly or show a deck list because many different decks of the same type lead to the same single Guide Comment Topic. Even though decks can be of the same archetype they can be totally different.

I assume you are referring either to https://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/kiblers-top-100-legend-handbuff-paladin-deck or https://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/findans-rank-1-legend-murloc-paladin-deck.

I don't have The Black Knight and I want to say even if you use a deck you find here, you do not have to copy it exactly to work. I prefer to make my own individual builds even if I have all the cards.

But back to your question. Play the deck a bit with a replacement that fits into the deck. Through experience you will see if you have problems dealing with taunt minions or not. If I am not wrong there are no real alternatives for The Black Knight in Standard Format for Paladin.

The only options I can suggest to deal with taunt minions is using a minion with Poisonous (maybe one with stealth or taunt), Spiked Hogrider (not the best solution) or Big Game Hunter since most taunt minions you will have trouble with are big ones, since KFT expansion often those buffed by Bonemare. Another option, if you just have problems with the taunt but not a minion being on the board itself you may consider silencing them for example with Spellbreaker.

My advice may not be the best. Others around here are better in deck building than me :)

Edited by Caldyrvan

3 hours ago, KingCeph said:

What card should I put in place instead of black knight.

Because The Black Knight is a tech card, you have a lot of freedom when choosing a card to replace it. You can either go with a different tech card to fit your local meta, such as Acidic Swamp Ooze against warriors, Equality against druids and control warlocks (though it is a complex card in murloc paladin), or you could go for a "regular" card, such as Truesilver Champion or second Blessing of Kings.