FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
KingMe

Frozen Throne Adventure Guide-ish

Until we get a guide up I thought I would share the decks I used to beat the adventures with. Feel free to add what you used. 

Lord Morrowgar                         Deathbringer Saurfang                         Lady Deathwhisper           

Hearthstone Screenshot 08-10-17 21.33.43.png                  Hearthstone Screenshot 08-10-17 21.35.26.png                      Hearthstone Screenshot 08-10-17 21.35.09.png   

Note that these decks were not build specifically for these adventures they were just the decks that I used to defeat them. Also I want to give a shout out to @FanOfValeera for suggesting the Jade Druid. I was working on an OTK strategy but the Jade Druid was a first try win. :)     

• Like 1

Marrowgar I used a pretty stock Wild Freeze Mage deck.  I one-shot him, but in retrospect the Bone Spikes make this a fairly bad idea.

Saurfang I also used a Pirate Warrior deck.  One thing to note is that if you have a weapon equipped, Heroic Strike damage counts.

On Deathwhisper I went completely out of left field and played Wild Quest Mage.  Against an AI opponent, there is no timer so you can get through all that armor without any kind of pressure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dawnblade said:

Saurfang I also used a Pirate Warrior deck.  One thing to note is that if you have a weapon equipped, Heroic Strike damage counts.

This is true. 

Hearthstone Screenshot 08-10-17 19.01.21.png

First one; Jade Druid in NA, Control Shaman in EU. Hex and Devolve are important cards against Bone Spike. Volcano does some work too. Unfortunately, I already deleted the shaman deck, I can't upload an image.

Second one is basic rogue in NA (with Assassin's Blade + Deadly Poison), Pirate Warrior in EU. I'll go ahead and say that, this match is pretty straightforward.

Last guy; Jade Druid in NA (first try), Taunt Warrior in EU. In EU, I beat her in second game. Hero power is a great source of consistent damage to all her minions and herself. And the game went to fatigue anyways.

Hey, the KFT adventure guides have been added, so if you want to see L0rinda's and Pesty's strategies and decks, you can check them out!

• Thanks 1

Against Lord Morrowgar and Lady Deathwhisper I used standard a Jade Druid deck.  Against Deathbringer Saurfang it was also the Pirate Warrior.  I didn't want to as I hate Pirate Warrior and never run it myself, but it's really the only good option here.  I initially tried Lady Deathwhisper with a Zoo Warlock deck, figuring that I didn't need the HP on my minions anyway.  Wasn't expecting her to have 90 armor initially, so that failed spectacularly.

Lord Morrowgar = silence priest. I figured the best way to get enough damage in one turn was the innervate/divine spirit combo.  The silence spells also stop the spikes. 

Saurfang = Pirate warrior. 

Lady Deathwhisper = I built a wild priest deck with all the 4+ point heals i could get.  Heal the dreamwalker up to 5, then attack with it. If you can get in 4 hits, you win. Silence was handy for getting around the occasional taunt minion 

Against Marrowgar I built a (bad) priest deck (from my limited collection!) with 2x Mind Vision, 2x Thoughtsteal, 1x Mind Control Tech and 2x Mind Control. My idea was to keep stealing his Bone Spikes, or silence them if I needed to (then I left them on the board so he couldn't play as many minions). I also silenced taunt minions, especially Sludge Belcher. I beat him pretty easily once I figured out my deck and strategy (twice, just to make sure :P), but maybe I just drew well?

It's not great, but it should be quite cheap!

For Saurfang, I built a basic rogue deck with lots of weapons and weapon buffs, and it wasn't too difficult to win. And for Deathwhisper, I built a different priest deck with 2x Silence and 2x Ironbeak Owl. My idea was to keep restarting until I drew a silence option early, use taunts like Saronite Chain Gang to protect the dragon and heal it if necessary to clear the board.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with how long it took me to complete (a few tries on each boss) because I don't really have many good cards to choose from, and my cheap decks worked better than I thought!

• Like 1

I used Kaize's deck and it took only 2 tries. Made sure I got at least a silence with the mulligan, and a minion, and maybe thought steal... something like this.