Table of Contents
Shadow Essence is a Priest-only spell. This card can be obtained from Knights of the Frozen Throne packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
A 5/5 minion for 6 Mana is not bad value as long as the minion has a relevant ability. The key to making Shadow Essence playable is to ensure that the ability is relevant on a regular basis.
2. Constructed Play
There are plenty of options for using Shadow Essence in Constructed. Cards that have ongoing effects, such as staple Priest card Northshire Cleric, are a good start. The card also really shines with Deathrattle effects. Priest has many options within those criteria, which means building a deck around Shadow Essence is easier than it might appear.
Shadow Essence is not a good card in Arena. Many good Arena minions have little or no ability once they are played, as they generally rely on Battlecry or good stats. Due to this, Shadow Essence will be a 5/5 for 6 Mana too often to have significant impact on the game.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- HCT Summer Championship 2017 Results
- Amsterdam Will Be The Venue of The 2017 HCT World Championship
- Upcoming Hearthstone Game Mechanics Update
- Tavern Brawl: Spellbook Duel
- BlizzCon 2017: All In-Game Rewards
- New Warlock Hero Soon Available From Fireside Gatherings
- Top Hearthstone Players for September 2017
- Whats the Move? #3 - Improving at Hearthstone One Play at a Time
- Advice on a New Deck
- Lord Marrowgar
- Control Warrior Deck List
- Blood Queen Lana'thel
- Jade Druid Deck List
- The Marsh Queen Hunter Quest Standard
- Time Warp Quest Mage Deck List
- Lady Deathwhisper