Shadow Essence — Priest Card
Table of Contents
Shadow Essence is a Priest-only spell. This card was introduced with Knights of the Frozen Throne and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
A 5/5 minion for 6 Mana is not bad value as long as the minion has a relevant ability. The key to making Shadow Essence playable is to ensure that the ability is relevant on a regular basis.
There are plenty of options for using Shadow Essence in Constructed. Cards that have ongoing effects, such as staple Priest card Northshire Cleric, are a good start. The card also really shines with Deathrattle effects. Priest has many options within those criteria, which means building a deck around Shadow Essence is easier than it might appear.
Shadow Essence is not a good card in Arena. Many good Arena minions have little or no ability once they are played, as they generally rely on Battlecry or good stats. Due to this, Shadow Essence will be a 5/5 for 6 Mana too often to have significant impact on the game.
- Icy Veins Black Friday Giveaway Ends Today!
- Icy Veins Black Friday Giveaway!
- Activision Blizzard Announces Formation of a Workplace Responsibility Committee
- The Reason Behind Jen Oneal's Departure, Bobby Kotick's Knowledge of Previous Sexual Misconduct Allegations: A Wall Street Journal Report
- Better Working Conditions for ABK Contract Workers
- A Message from Blizzard Co-Lead Jen Oneal
- Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2 Delayed: Activision Blizzard Q3 2021 Financial Earnings Call
- Blizzard Co-Leader Jen Oneal Leaves Blizzard, Mike Ybarra Becomes Sole Leader
- Illidan Stormrage Challenge
- Big Demon Hunter Deck
- Aggro Druid Deck
- Garrote Rogue Deck
- Book of Heroes Prince Anduin Wrynn
- Hearthstone Mercenaries
- Lady Vashj
- Face Hunter