Hex — Shaman Card
Table of Contents
Hex is a Shaman-only spell. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Hex is a very powerful card as it removes minions from the board without activating their Deathrattles. Be aware that the Frog which is created from Hex is a Beast, which will sometimes give synergy to your opponent, especially if they are playing Hunter or Druid.
Hex is always worth considering when building a Shaman deck. In slower decks, it is extremely powerful, and likely to be worth playing two copies of. In faster decks, however, Hex will often be dropped in favour of more aggressive options. The reason for this is that if your opponent plays a large minion, you can often ignore it and continue to exert pressure. Even if the opposing minion has Taunt, cards like Bloodlust and Flametongue Totem are often able to get through the Taunt without the need for a Hex.
Removal is key in Arena, and Hex is one of the most versatile removal spells in the game. The ability to remove almost any minion from the board makes Hex a great card. If you can delay using Hex for as long as possible then you will gain a lot of value from it, however do not hesitate to use Hex early in the game if you feel that you can snowball the advantage gained into a powerful board.
Hex used to cost 3 Mana, and was considered one of the best removal spells in the game. Shortly after the release of the Knights of the Frozen Throne expansion, Hex was nerfed to 4 Mana, which brings it into line with Polymorph. Despite this balance change, the card is still very powerful, as it removes minions from the board without activating their Deathrattles.
- A Different Kind of Letter from Activision Blizzard Executive Fran Townsend
- South Park's Sword of a Thousands Truths (Boars Included) to Be Added to Hearthstone
- United in Stormwind is Hearthstone's Latest Expansion
- Global Battle.net Rolling Out Today
- No BlizzCon Planned for 2021
- IGN Report on Blizzard Departures and the Company's Future, With Insider Info
- From the Vault: The Overwatch Anniversary 2021 Collection Live on the Blizzard Store
- Enthusiast Gaming Acquires Icy Veins
- Prince Arthas Boss Guide
- Tracker Monster Hunter
- Classic Control Paladin Deck
- Book of Heroes Thrall
- Illidan Stormrage Challenge
- Chenvaala Priest Deck
- Teron Gorefiend Challenge
- Clown Druid Deck - Forged in the Barrens