FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Shine

Help me build this warrior

Hi,

So I'm a 'big' fan of 'big'-decks, I am running a very good big priest and big spells priest and I'm in love with my Big hunter deck featuring Kathrena Winterwisp even though its not very meta.

Now I opened a Geosculptor Yip from a pack yesterday and decided to try my hand at a control big warrior (again I know it's not the most meta deck but I love the style).

Now I do have quite some experience with deckbuilding so I tried my hand at building one only to find out I am missing a bunch of epics and Woecleaver. Well, not really an issue I will just do another run though my collecion to see what's dustable and craft whatever is necessary.

Now I've been trying and at this point I have 1600 dust (nothing crafted yet), and here is where I will need advice.

It is worthwhile to note that I do play mostly free to play and you can assume I will not be buying more packs for dust, at least not for this deck at this moment in time.

I will give you a quick rundown of the state of things:

this is currently my deck, Ive been switching between Ironforge Portal and Molten Blade (as the only weapon in the deck really)

It is obviously very minion heavy at the moment (maybe a bit too much) and I've already noticed the potential in reshuffling Gather Your Party and big minions with Dead Man's Hand for some more late game power. I guess this means it's ok to cut a few big minions to make room if needed.

The main cards I feel this should need in terms of epics+ are:

There are numerous more legendaries that play into damaged minions but I realize this may be a bit too much to hope for considering my limited dust. So i I craft woecleaver I am out of dust, is this current build with woecleaver and say a card like Forge of Souls the better option, or should I focus on the epics and forget the legend for now?

So, the real questions become, what should I focus on crafting? have I missed any obvious cards to put in? Is this even remotely realizable to pull off?

The decklist as above has run 2W-8L sofar (on ladder around rank 15). It is a second version but the first version was doing worse

There you have it,

cheers

Shine

Edited by Shine

Bladed Gauntlet is bad, don't craft it.  There are far too many paladins running around to not have blood razer, I would also suggest sleep with the fishes and whirlwinds.  Unidentified shields are bad, they used to be played because Razakus priest had a limited amount of damage, and they were REALLY good at getting out of range, now that they are gone, it is a lot less useful.  You will definitely need woe cleaver if you want to play this deck, 100%.  Reckless flurry only really goes well with bring it on.  Personally I don't think bring it on is that great right now, so I wouldn't use either, but that is just me. I don't know if you necessarily need 2 dead mans hands, goal of the deck isn't to go infinite, its just to push big things on the board and shove them down your opponents throat, 1 should suffice.  Scourge lord is great as well.  Tarlords are kind of bad, so are battle rages in a deck with this few minions, I also don't think rampage particularly fits.

I would do something like

Shield Slam x2

Whirlwind x2

Deadmans x1

Execute x2

Forge of Souls x1

Slam x2

Sleep with the fishes x2

Shield Block x2

Brawl x2

Iron Forge Portal x2

Gather your party x2

Geosculpter Yip x1

Grommash Hellscream x1

Scourgelord Garrosh x1

The Lich King x1

Woecleaver x1

Soggoth the slitherer x1 (This one is flexible, you can do like deathwing dragonlord or the sleeping dragon, I just don't trust that dragon, it can be stolen really easy with pintsize + potion of madness and then buffed with divine spirit + inner fire, it is a really good way to otk yourself)

Ysera x1

Ysarrg rage unbound x1

Alternatively you can do some pretty disgusting things with sudden genesis, woecleaver, garrosh and some inner rages + rampages.  That is another way to build the deck.

Thank you for the great advice,

While laying the deck I've noticed the weakness in Battle rage and rampage, I honestly start wondering to myself why I ever though these would fit well...

Anyhow, I've settled on crafting WoeCleaver for now, this means no garroshDK or Sleep with the ishes for now though.

Finally just touching on the tar lord a little bit, I do have sleepy dragons obviously, unfortunatle no soggoth or deathwing dragon lord. I figured the tar lord would be a good replacement since it's attack will be 5 (so no easy steal combos) and is generally good at stalling out agro decks a bunch in my experience. And since I dont have Deathwing dragonlord, there really isnt any dragon synergy neccercary at all right? Just some thoughs.

Finally just touching on the Grommash + Rampage inner fire build, I would imagine this would run a much more aggressive pull potential, I do have 2x Charged Devilsaur for my Big Hunter so those might be a thing in there too then. ^^

Anyhow, thx for the advice, I decided on crafting the weapon and at the least saving up for sleep with the fishes.

Cheers and as always thx for taking the time out of your day to help me

Shine

EDIT: Just played areally cool game with the current deck, I decided to leave in 1 molten blade and some blood to ichors, as well as a second dead mans hand more as a place filler than anything else. I came across an unlikely but definitely worthwhile scenario than ended up paying off massively. I feel that the 'what's the move' series have helped me make this decision.

Take not what the molten blade turns into on turn 4, at that point I already knew exacly what I was gonna do on turn 7 with the coin and it ended up paying off to the extent that the priest opponents meta deck decided to concede ^^

This one was worth sharing in my opinion

Edited by Shine

4 hours ago, Shine said:

Thank you for the great advice,

While laying the deck I've noticed the weakness in Battle rage and rampage, I honestly start wondering to myself why I ever though these would fit well...

Anyhow, I've settled on crafting WoeCleaver for now, this means no garroshDK or Sleep with the ishes for now though.

Finally just touching on the tar lord a little bit, I do have sleepy dragons obviously, unfortunatle no soggoth or deathwing dragon lord. I figured the tar lord would be a good replacement since it's attack will be 5 (so no easy steal combos) and is generally good at stalling out agro decks a bunch in my experience. And since I dont have Deathwing dragonlord, there really isnt any dragon synergy neccercary at all right? Just some thoughs.

Finally just touching on the Grommash + Rampage inner fire build, I would imagine this would run a much more aggressive pull potential, I do have 2x Charged Devilsaur for my Big Hunter so those might be a thing in there too then. ^^

Anyhow, thx for the advice, I decided on crafting the weapon and at the least saving up for sleep with the fishes.

Cheers and as always thx for taking the time out of your day to help me

Shine

EDIT: Just played areally cool game with the current deck, I decided to leave in 1 molten blade and some blood to ichors, as well as a second dead mans hand more as a place filler than anything else. I came across an unlikely but definitely worthwhile scenario than ended up paying off massively. I feel that the 'what's the move' series have helped me make this decision.

Take not what the molten blade turns into on turn 4, at that point I already knew exacly what I was gonna do on turn 7 with the coin and it ended up paying off to the extent that the priest opponents meta deck decided to concede ^^

This one was worth sharing in my opinion

If you don't have sleeps, I don't know if they are worth crafting, they are rotating next month.  The big problem with tar lord is that it generates no pressure, and pulling them vs control is really really bad.  Deathwing is mainly in there just to be a giant body that hits the field and can pressure out a lot of control decks.  I don't remember the exact build for the OTK version, but I don't think it ran the devilsaurs (I think the goal is to pull exactly grom), they are really good in this version though.  8/8s with charge are nothing to scoff at, you can do that instead of the tarlords or the dragon.  Or what have you.  I haven't really played big warrior, I play straight control warrior so I am honestly not sure how the devilsaurs would work in practice, but it seems like a good idea.

On 10/03/2018 at 10:15 PM, VaraTreledees said:

I don't remember the exact build for the OTK version, but I don't think it ran the devilsaurs (I think the goal is to pull exactly grom), they are really good in this version though.

I can give you the gist of it at least: Recruit Grommash through Woecleaver and then either boost him further with cards like Inner Rage before dropping a Sudden Genesis; or alternatively just trade to activate him and drop both Sudden Genesis for three more Grommash and 30 damage.