Table of Contents
Ironforge Portal is a Warrior-only spell. This card can be obtained in the One Night in Karazhan solo adventure. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Ironforge Portal is a card that goes a long way to replace the loss of Shieldmaiden in Standard format. It serves the same purpose of putting a minion into play while gaining life to stabilise the game. It also functions as an immediate activator for Shield Slam.
2. Constructed Play
In Constructed, Ironforge Portal is a key component of Warrior decks whose win condition is pure removal. In other decks that use an Old God as a final threat, or more Tempo Focused builds it is often too slow to justify seeing play.
In Arena, Ironforge Portal is a mediocre card. There are simply too many 4-drop minions that are below the expected stats of a 4 Mana minion and the life gain is usually not relevant to determining a winner in Arena.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Ghastly Conjurer
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Professor Putricide
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Mountainfire Armor and Nerubian Unraveler
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Blood Razor & Prince Taldaram
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Blood-Queen Lana'thel
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Ice Breaker & Plague Scientist
- Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal - Ticking Abomination
- Russel Brower Leaves Blizzard
- New Streamer needs some help
- The Rate/Improve my deck thread.
- HoF Discussions
- Cheap Mage Standard
- Curse of Naxxramas Arachnid Quarter
- Budget Jade Druid Standard
- How to combat jade druid / earthen scales
- Quest Rogue Meta (Post Nerf)