Shield Slam — Warrior Card
Table of Contents
Shield Slam is a Warrior-only spell. This card can be obtained from expert packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Shield Slam has good synergy with many Warrior cards, and with the Hero Power. In decks that accumulate large amounts of Armor, the card can be devastating. The armor gain usually needs to already be a theme within the deck though, as taking time to Armor Up and then Shield Slam means you are effectively doing 2 damage for 3 Mana. For this reason, it tends to only be played in the slowest of Warrior decks.
2. Constructed Play
Shield Slam is always a worthy consideration in slower Warrior decks, although competition for slots in such decks is fierce, and sometimes Sleep with the Fishes ends up having more synergy with the rest of the deck, and therefore being more efficient. If your deck has enough room for Shield Block, then you will usually be able to pair it with Shield Slam to remove big minions. It is worth noting that the metagame also makes a big difference to how viable Shield Slam is. If opponents tend to be going wide on board then it is not particularly great, but if they are trying to attack with one large minion at a time, it becomes a lot better.
Unless you are very low on the removal late into your draft, Shield Slam is usually a poor card in Arena. It is unlikely that you will be able to remove anything very big with the card, and a lot of the time it will cost you 3 Mana to do 2 damage.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- Check out What's Coming up in the Next Few Months
- Tavern Brawl: Pick a Hand, Any Hand
- HGG Cheer: Win a Card Back, Packs & Twitch Emotes
- BlizzCon Virtual Ticket, Goody Bag, Mobile App, More
- Special Event: Rise for Days of the Frozen Throne!
- September 2018 Ranked Play Season - On the Level
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #24
- Tavern Brawl: Double Deathrattler Battler - Standard
- Basic Shaman Deck
- Hearthstone Hunter Spells, Minions, and Weapons
- Malygos Rogue
- Puzzle Lab's Lethal Puzzles
- Arena Priest Tier Lists
- Monster Hunt Progress Thread
- Secret Paladin Wild