Shield Slam — Warrior Card
Table of Contents
Shield Slam is a Warrior-only spell. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Shield Slam has good synergy with many Warrior cards, and with the Hero Power. In decks that accumulate large amounts of Armor, the card can be devastating. The armor gain usually needs to already be a theme within the deck though, as taking time to Armor Up and thenmeans you are effectively doing 2 damage for 3 Mana. For this reason, it tends to only be played in the slowest of Warrior decks.
Shield Slam is always a worthy consideration in slower Warrior decks, although competition for slots in such decks is fierce, and sometimes Sleep with the Fishes ends up having more synergy with the rest of the deck, and therefore being more efficient. If your deck has enough room for , then you will usually be able to pair it with Shield Slam to remove big minions. It is worth noting that the metagame also makes a big difference to how viable Shield Slam is. If opponents tend to be going wide on board then it is not particularly great, but if they are trying to attack with one large minion at a time, it becomes a lot better.
Unless you are very low on the removal late into your draft, Shield Slam is usually a poor card in Arena. It is unlikely that you will be able to remove anything very big with the card, and a lot of the time it will cost you 3 Mana to do 2 damage.
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Mike Ybbara on Blizzard's Approach to Meeting Player Demands
- BlizzCon 2023 Stream and Announcements Summary
- BlizzCon 2023 Bingo Collection
- WoW Battle Pet and Hearthstone Card Back Promotion From Warcraft Rumble
- Warcraft Rumble Released a Day Early and Is Rolling Out Now!
- BlizzCon 2023 Broadcast Schedule
- Standard Tier List
- Battlegrounds Special Cards
- Classic Freeze Mage Deck
- Classic Miracle Rogue Deck
- Skeleton Mage Deck