WoW Classic Best Warlock Weapons Guide
Weapons are generally not important for Warlocks, but wands are the exception. Wands will be the majority of your filler damage while leveling since it is one of your only Mana free ways to deal damage. Wand upgrades are the most important upgrades to get while leveling, meaning it is extremely important to know where your next weapon is coming from.
Warlock Weapon Skills
Warlocks know how to use their starting melee weapons and wands when created, but they can also learn how to use many other weapon types from Weapon Masters around the world.
|Weapon Master location||Weapon Skills available|
|Darnassus (around 57,46)||Staves|
|Stormwind (around 57,57)||Swords, Staves|
|Orgrimmar (around 81,19)||Staves|
|Thunder Bluff (41,62)||Staves|
There are many possible weapons in the journey from 1-60, but as a caster, melee weapons are just used for their stats. Wands are the major weapons that you should care about while leveling. The list of the best and easiest wand upgrades to get will be below. If you are leveling a Warlock as an alt and have access to gold, consider looking at the Auction House to buy wand upgrades as you level. There lots of great wands that can be purchased relatively cheaply from 1-60.
Wands for WoW Classic Warlocks
Wands are exceptional sources of damage while leveling, and perhaps most importantly do not require mana to use. They give casters a way of dealing damage while letting their mana passively regenerate, which is incredibly useful and efficient while leveling. They are less important at 60, but still can be quite useful.
Swords for WoW Classic Warlocks
For Warlocks and most casters, melee weapons are primarily used for their stats. Warlocks can use 1H weapons, which can potentially offer lots of spellpower, making them quite valuable. Azuresong Mageblade is one of the best caster DPS weapons in phase 1, and is a 1H sword.
Staves for WoW Classic Warlocks
For Warlocks and most casters, melee weapons are primarily used for their stats. Warlocks can use staves, which can potentially offer lots of spellpower, making them quite valuable. Again though, you should focus entirely on the additional stats on the weapon when deciding what melee weapon to use.
Daggers for WoW Classic Warlocks
For Warlocks and most casters, melee weapons are primarily used for their stats. Warlocks can use daggers, which can potentially offer lots of spellpower, making them quite valuable. Again though, you should focus entirely on the additional stats on the weapon when deciding what melee weapon to use.
Axes for WoW Classic Warlocks
Warlocks cannot use axes.
Maces for WoW Classic Warlocks
Warlocks cannot use maces.
Polearms for WoW Classic Warlocks
Warlocks cannot use polearms.
Crossbows for WoW Classic Warlocks
Warlocks cannot use crossbows.
Bows for WoW Classic Warlocks
Warlocks cannot use bows.
Guns for WoW Classic Warlocks
Warlocks cannot use guns.
Thrown Weapons for WoW Classic Warlocks
Warlocks cannot use thrown weapons.
Shields for WoW Classic Warlocks
Warlocks cannot use shields.
Fist Weapons for WoW Classic Warlocks
Warlocks cannot use fist weapons.
Leveling Weapons for Warlocks in WoW Classic
The absolute most important upgrades to look for while leveling are either pieces of gear with spell power (or +Shadow Damage), or wand upgrades. Improvements in wand DPS will correlate to noticeable increases in your kill speed more so than any other upgrade, making them a priority. There are some quests that give wands, but the easiest and best way to get wands early is to look for an enchanter or on the auction house for Lesser Magic Wand or Greater Magic Wand. They are high DPS wands created through enchanting that people will make from day 1. They should be relatively cheap, and are absolutely worth the price. You can also check out the wand merchants Katis and Ardwyn Cailen in Orgrimmar and Stormwind for the wands that they offer starting at level 15.
For more leveling information, please refer to our leveling guide for Warlocks.
End-Game Weapons for Warlocks in WoW Classic
Warlocks have several end-game weapons at their disposal. Depending on what you are looking for, there are many different sources of weapon upgrades, but you will mostly find them inside dungeons and raids, with the occasional quest reward. The best of the weapons can be found listed below.
If you look at the BiS lists for Warlocks, you will see that the list includes the rank 14 PvP weapons such as the High Warlord's Spellblade. These are extremely powerful weapons, can easily be BiS in both PvP and PvE content. However, they are without question the hardest items in the game to obtain, requiring months of dedicated play to be able to acquire them. Very few people will every be able to earn these weapons, so do not focus too much on them as they are out of reach for the vast majority of players. Below are some of the best alternatives.
- Witchblade and Drakestone of Shadow Wrath are your pre-raid BiS weapons. Witchblade drops from Darkmaster Gandling in Scholomance and Drakestone drops from the drakes in Sunken Temple.
- Azuresong Mageblade will eventually replace your main hand once you get it from Molten Core, but lots of casters will be after it. Staff of Dominance also drops from Molten Core and is a viable alternative.
- Claw of Chromaggus and Tome of Shadow Force are going to be your best available weapons as a Warlock. The Claw requires you to kill Chromaggus in Blackwing Lair, while the Tome requires you to get exalted with the Alterac Valley reputation. These are both challenging to obtain, but are extremely powerful and will serve you well for months to come.
You can check the complete list for each type of Warlock weapon at itemization.info, a website that can filter weapons and armor pieces by phase, class, slot, and basically any parameter that you would need.
For more end-game gearing information, please refer to our gearing guide for Warlocks.
- 24 Feb. 2020: Updated for Phase 3.
- 10 Dec. 2019: Corrected drop location of Witchblade.
- 29 Sep. 2019: Added specific weapon sections.
- 23 Sep. 2019: Guide added.
- A Call to Strike on Blizzard France Employees on Shadowlands Launch Day
- Naxxramas Attunement Now Available in WoW Classic
- 500 Mobs in Two Pulls in Maraudon
- World First Molten Core Cleared by 40 Mages
- C'Thun Is Back to Destroying Everyone Anywhere in Ahn'Qiraj
- 1K HP Level 1 Fully World Buffed Warrior PvPs Vs. Multiple level 10+ At Once
- Blizzard Selling Face Masks on Gear Store
- Full Druid Raid Clears 10/10 Zul'Gurub