WoW Classic Best Warlock Weapons Guide
Weapons are generally not important for Warlocks, but wands are the exception. Wands will be the majority of your filler damage while leveling since it is one of your only Mana free ways to deal damage. Wand upgrades are the most important upgrades to get while leveling, meaning it is extremely important to know where your next weapon is coming from.
Warlock Weapon Skills
Warlocks know how to use their starting melee weapons and wands when created, but they can also learn how to use many other weapon types from Weapon Masters around the world.
|Weapon Master location||Weapon Skills available|
|Darnassus (around 57,46)||Staves|
|Stormwind (around 57,57)||Swords, Staves|
|Orgrimmar (around 81,19)||Staves|
|Thunder Bluff (41,62)||Staves|
There are many possible weapons in the journey from 1-60, but as a caster, melee weapons are just used for their stats. Wands are the major weapons that you should care about while leveling. The list of the best and easiest wand upgrades to get will be below. If you are leveling a Warlock as an alt and have access to gold, consider looking at the Auction House to buy wand upgrades as you level. There lots of great wands that can be purchased relatively cheaply from 1-60.
Wands for WoW Classic Warlocks
Wands are exceptional sources of damage while leveling, and perhaps most importantly do not require mana to use. They give casters a way of dealing damage while letting their mana passively regenerate, which is incredibly useful and efficient while leveling. They are less important at 60, but still can be quite useful.
Swords for WoW Classic Warlocks
For Warlocks and most casters, melee weapons are primarily used for their stats. Warlocks can use 1H weapons, which can potentially offer lots of spellpower, making them quite valuable. Azuresong Mageblade is one of the best caster DPS weapons in phase 1, and is a 1H sword.
Staves for WoW Classic Warlocks
For Warlocks and most casters, melee weapons are primarily used for their stats. Warlocks can use staves, which can potentially offer lots of spellpower, making them quite valuable. Again though, you should focus entirely on the additional stats on the weapon when deciding what melee weapon to use.
Daggers for WoW Classic Warlocks
For Warlocks and most casters, melee weapons are primarily used for their stats. Warlocks can use daggers, which can potentially offer lots of spellpower, making them quite valuable. Again though, you should focus entirely on the additional stats on the weapon when deciding what melee weapon to use.
Axes for WoW Classic Warlocks
Warlocks cannot use axes.
Maces for WoW Classic Warlocks
Warlocks cannot use maces.
Polearms for WoW Classic Warlocks
Warlocks cannot use polearms.
Crossbows for WoW Classic Warlocks
Warlocks cannot use crossbows.
Bows for WoW Classic Warlocks
Warlocks cannot use bows.
Guns for WoW Classic Warlocks
Warlocks cannot use guns.
Thrown Weapons for WoW Classic Warlocks
Warlocks cannot use thrown weapons.
Shields for WoW Classic Warlocks
Warlocks cannot use shields.
Fist Weapons for WoW Classic Warlocks
Warlocks cannot use fist weapons.
Leveling Weapons for Warlocks in WoW Classic
The absolute most important upgrades to look for while leveling are either pieces of gear with spell power (or +Shadow Damage), or wand upgrades. Improvements in wand DPS will correlate to noticeable increases in your kill speed more so than any other upgrade, making them a priority. There are some quests that give wands, but the easiest and best way to get wands early is to look for an enchanter or on the auction house for Lesser Magic Wand or Greater Magic Wand. They are high DPS wands created through enchanting that people will make from day 1. They should be relatively cheap, and are absolutely worth the price. You can also check out the wand merchants Katis and Ardwyn Cailen in Orgrimmar and Stormwind for the wands that they offer starting at level 15.
For more leveling information, please refer to our leveling guide for Warlocks.
End-Game Weapons for Warlocks in WoW Classic
Warlocks have several end-game weapons at their disposal. Depending on what you are looking for, there are many different sources of weapon upgrades, but you will mostly find them inside dungeons and raids, with the occasional quest reward. The best of the weapons can be found listed below.
- Witchblade and Drakestone of Shadow Wrath are your pre-raid BiS weapons. Witchblade drops from Tinkerer Gizlock in Maraudon and Drakestone drops from the drakes in Sunken Temple.
- Azuresong Mageblade will eventually replace your main hand once you get it from Molten Core, but lots of casters will be after it. Staff of Dominance also drops from Molten Core and is a viable alternative.
- Remember that some of your best gear in the game can just be random green BoE drops. Anything with high +Shadow Damage on it will be exceptionally good pieces, including weapons and wands.
You can check the complete list for each type of Warlock weapon at itemization.info, a website that can filter weapons and armor pieces by phase, class, slot, and basically any parameter that you would need.
For more end-game gearing information, please refer to our gearing guide for Warlocks.
- 29 Sep. 2019: Added specific weapon sections.
- 23 Sep. 2019: Guide added.
- Display Bug Showing Last Week's Honor
- Diablo 2 Remaster Unlikely - Code and Assets Were Lost According to Creators
- Diablo 2 Cinematics Upscaled to 4K and 8K
- Jokerd Removed from Method Org After Ninja Looting
- World Bosses and PvP Honor System Available
- Keyring Coming in Patch After Phase 2, Clarification on Phases
- WoW Classic Hotfixes: November 12th
- World's Fastest Molten Core Clear in Phase 1 by Salad Bakers
- Classic honor system
- Pet Aggro vs Hunter Aggro
- Classic: Lock Spell Damage question
- New Expansion
- [A] Treachery | Sulfuras | NA PvE / PvP | Tues/Wed 10 PM - 1 AM | One Night Raiding
- Classic WoW "Realm Layering"
- [A][US][Bloodsail Buccaneers]Acies | WoW Classic | T/Th | 8:30 PM-11:30 PM ET |LFM
- Classic expectations