FORUMS
Zadina

Tavern Brawl: Spellbook Duel

DBaigF6.png

We have a new Tavern Brawl this week! Its name is Spellbook Duel.

For this Brawl, you choose your class and then you pick 10 different cards to fill your deck. Instead of drawing cards each turn, you Discover a copy of a card from your deck. If you use card drawing mechanics, like Arcane Intellect, you don't actually draw from your deck. You will, in fact, get a 1-mana spell called Peruse, which again allows you to Discover a copy of a card from your deck.

Obviously, there are a lot of possible deck combinations you can use to tackle this new Tavern Brawl. The first things that pop into mind are anything that contains Reno Jackson and Kazakus, as well as Jade Druid to extend the possibility of getting these precious Jade Idols. Once again, Mage is the clear winner of this Brawl with cards like Sorcerer's Apprentice, Arcane Intellect and Flamewaker.

Bear in mind that some cards are not recommended, since they remove cards from your Discover pool. Examples are Fel Reaver and Tracking. Moreover, cards that put another card directly into play, like Mysterious Challenger and Mad Scientist, will also make your Discover pool smaller. Lastly, according to a Reddit user, Renounce Darkness won't deduct 1 mana from the cards you discover throughout the game.

There are already a lot of disgusting decks for Spellbook Duel out there. We are waiting for your suggestions and any other useful info in the comments!

Hunter with Knife Juggler and ways to spam board seems to be doing fine so far, though I haven't met many Reno Jacksons during this brawl. I personally enjoy this brawl, though I believe the meta at higher wins is just 3 decks. RPS all over again.

Theres only one thing you need, won 6 lost 1 (against jade druid ofc)

dy4yCpM.png

I tried running Finja, the Flying Star but it does not work as I hoped it would, took Coldlight Seer instead.

Don't give up when you think you're falling behind, adn if you run out of cards just pick the oracle for carddraw, you'll have plenty o mana anyways

A solid Paladin low mana Murloc deck is an option as well, seems to be quite a few diff decks out there for this one so more of an interesting brawl.