FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Decks to play in Un'goro

What decks are you going to play in Un'goro? Are you going to try new decks, or rather stay with the decks you are experienced with and go for push while the meta is unstable?

I'm definitely going for Elemental Shaman, with Magma RagerAm'gam Rager and Ice Rager. It's something I have been waiting for since Elemental tribe was announced, and can't wait to finally try the deck out. 
Since I'm playing N'Zoth priest already, I will keep playing it with the quest added.

Miracle rogue (I'll work on a decklist, if it works, you will see me brag about it here)

Really want to try Taunt Warrior with Quest

Also, I want to create a viable Paladin deck based on its quest, see if it works.

Of course, N'Zoth Priest in wild, with quest.

Lastly, handlock with cards like Ancient Watcher and Humongous Razorleaf.

• Like 1

I have to admit I'll look what you guys suggest are good decks.

Then I'll see which deck(s) don't need too many cards. I bought no packs -> I won't have many Ungoro cards.

Hopefully there won't be too many cards needed. In MsoG I was quite lucky - lots of decks made use of Patches + Aya, that's why I crafted those two cards.

Going to make a stab at aggro paladin with 26 cards that cost 3 or less, include small time recruits, the hand buff stuff, a sunfury protector, loot hoards, things like that, then the new nessingwary, an avenging wrath and 2 molten giants.  Should be pretty hilarious.  Also going to try to find a rogue arch-type that works well.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, VaraTreledees said:

Going to make a stab at aggro paladin with 26 cards that cost 3 or less, include small time recruits, the hand buff stuff, a sunfury protector, loot hoards, things like that, then the new nessingwary, an avenging wrath and 2 molten giants.  Should be pretty hilarious. 

That sounds amazing! It sounds like a stronger Y'Shaarj, Rage Unbound hunter, as it contains more minions, and thus can be won without actually drawing the combo. I'll make sure to try it out.
Also, I guess that mean Holy Wrath by Avenging Wrath.

I will definitely try  murloc decks both in standard and wild. Aggro murloc paladin, murloz zoo, and murloc quest shamans. Not that I expect them to be good enough for the serious laddering but murlocs did get strong cards.

Murlock warlock is something I am really interested to try.  Seadevil Stinger got two new good murlocs to buy for health

Kitty cats, ALL OF YOU!

Quest OTK mage, with Tony, a.k.a Exodia Mage (EXODIA OBLIDERATE!!!!!)

The deck will/should have the freeze mage stalling core, plus the quest, plus spell discovering cards, like Babbling Book, Primordial Glyph, Cabalist's Tome (not sure about that) etc.

Now, on to the combo : After you finish the quest, you play 2x Sorcerer's Apprentice, then cast 1x Molten Reflection on a Sorcerer's Apprentice, then play the quest card (9 mana total). On the next turn you play Archmage Antonidas plus the 2nd Molten Reflection on a Sorcerer's Apprentice, and VOILA! Infinite Fireballs.

• Like 3

Im looking forward to the new Priest quest with Nzoth, 

also going to try adding Lyra to my control Priest desk, with Yogg. Its more of a fun piss off your opponent deck, that focuses on stealing or destroying any minions they play. Now that I cant use Elise, i can see how Lyra and Yogg hold up.

Looking at what I have been playing, I have a few things that I think will still be OK after standard rotation.

Secret Mage might become better with new cards, and doesn't lose a lot.

Murloc Shaman loses Everyfin, but gets a bunch of murlocs.

Jade Druid will probably still hang around in some form.

37 minutes ago, AptypR said:

I don't pre-order and have small amount of gold, so i probably will play wild if old decks will be bad:-)

Old decks wont necessarily be bad, especially during the first week or so after the new set is released, when everyone will be figuring out how to use them. A quality older deck that you know well can easily beat a new deck that your opponent isnt used to. Heck, I still sometimes play a Paladin Nzoth deck that I havent updated since Karazahn, and it still works well. 

• Like 3

I will be opening up just enough packs to get one legendary, and maybe craft another but I will probably need to craft key rares/epics instead. So I will just see what I get and go from there.

19 hours ago, positiv2 said:

That sounds amazing! It sounds like a stronger Y'Shaarj, Rage Unbound hunter, as it contains more minions, and thus can be won without actually drawing the combo. I'll make sure to try it out.
Also, I guess that mean Holy Wrath by Avenging Wrath.

Yes.  Yes that is what I meant.  I am also going to try control warrior.  One of my favorite decks and I think the warrior quest is amazing.

8 hours ago, AptypR said:

I don't pre-order and have small amount of gold, so i probably will play wild if old decks will be bad:-)

I expect Jade druids to stay in a very good shape.  Earthern Scales look like a great anti-aggro\anti OTK card for them  

Also, I think that Stonehill defender will be very playable in jade druids. One more 3 mana play to be an alternative for jade blossom\offensive feral rage. Druid class taunts are great  to discover. Ancient of War is  a card you usually want in your deck. Dark Arakkoa is its budget alternative. Jade Behemoth is nuts.  Ironbark Protector is not a bad pick. Even if you get no class taunts offered they will be enough decent neutral taunts. 

Edited by Strongpoint

58 minutes ago, Strongpoint said:

I expect Jade druids to stay in a very good shape.  Earthern Scales look like a great anti-aggro\anti OTK card for them  

Also, I think that Stonehill defender will be very playable in jade druids. One more 3 mana play to be an alternative for jade blossom\offensive feral rage. Druid class taunts are great  to discover. Ancient of War is  a card you usually want in your deck. Dark Arakkoa is its budget alternative. Jade Behemoth is nuts.  Ironbark Protector is not a bad pick. Even if you get no class taunts offered they will be enough decent neutral taunts. 

Jade druids lose mulch and don't have good removal now, Trump predicted that they will be tier 3. But who knows.

4 hours ago, AptypR said:

Jade druids lose mulch and don't have good removal now, Trump predicted that they will be tier 3. But who knows.

But, meta will be slower, so jade druid has a chance to shine. And Mulch wasn't a consensus pick.

@Strongpoint already mentioned the Earthen Scales, it helps against any remaining aggro deck I believe. And against control decks, Jade Idol wins the game. Even the druid quest could see some play in the deck, as reaching a 5/5  jade isn't hard, and deck also has cards like Ancient of War and Aya Blackpaw. And Barnabus is really powerful.

Only real problem for jade druid will probably be the abundance of zoo. With the new quest and devilsaur egg, it will definitely see some play.

We also have to see whether it is good or bad against elemental shaman, which I think is going to be new 'deck to beat'

• Like 1

I got enough gold for nearly 30 Packs. So what I play with at the beginning of the new meta partially depends on my draws there. But I will definitly craft Elise, because she seems awesome for every control-deck.

I also thought about playing the new mage quest...more because of the cards, that give you random spells and not the quest itself. But I will probably wait how good the mage-quest turns out to be, before I spend dust on it. These "extra turn" effects tend to look much stronger, than they really are.

Hunter seems interesting too. I love the design of "Dinomancy" and the new "Jeweled Macaw".

But yeah, there is no way for me to play my best "old deck", because its Medivh-Reno-Lock and this deck looses so much important stuff, that I basically have to find out a completly new way to play control-Warlock...and I doubt that Kasakus alone is valuable enough to play a deck full of one-offs. BUT there is also the option to play a controlish deck around the Warlock-Quest, which sounds incredible fun to tinker around with. So I will probably do that!

Edited by Taan

Have you guys tried out the quest rogue? Its actually surprisingly overpowered. I can't think of a way to counter that deck aside from counter spelling their quest or playing another quest rogue.

2 hours ago, Ithilrandir said:

Have you guys tried out the quest rogue? Its actually surprisingly overpowered. I can't think of a way to counter that deck aside from counter spelling their quest or playing another quest rogue.

Heh. There are a very simple way to coounter the quest rogue - Pirate Warrior 

Edited by Strongpoint

5 hours ago, Ithilrandir said:

I've run into it twice so far.  Both times my opponent got it activated quickly, turn 4 and 5 respectively.  I got demolished.

7 hours ago, Ithilrandir said:

I took it out three times with quest shaman, it felt pretty easy to be honest.

Its biggest weakness is dealing with big boards, you know rogue. Once you get rid of Fan of Knives, just fill the board, it is easy.

8 minutes ago, SithLordOfSnark said:

I only got to open 7 packs so far and haven't opened a quest. These quest decks are impossible to beat without a quest of your own.

I'm playing Face Jade Shaman with a few budget swaps on the NA (such as no Patches the Pirate) and I am shredding all quest decks. Bloodlust lethal on turn 4 with The Coin? No problem!
So far no loss against any quest deck. Or, any deck at all.

• Like 1