WoW Classic Best Druid Weapons Guide
Unlike most classes, weapons are not meaningful upgrades for Druids. Here is everything you need to know about how Druids use weapons.
Druid Weapon Skills
Druids know how to use their starting melee weapons when created, but they can also learn how to use many other weapon types from Weapon Masters around the world.
|Weapon Master location||Weapon Skills available|
|Darnassus (around 57,46)||Daggers, Fist Weapons, Staves|
|Ironforge (around 62,89)||Fist Weapons, Daggers, Maces|
|Stormwind (around 57,57)||Daggers, Staves|
|Orgrimmar (around 81,19)||Staves, Daggers, Fist Weapons|
|Thunder Bluff (41,62)||Staves, Maces|
Melee classes use melee weapons, Hunters used ranged weapons, and casters use wands. Druids, however, cannot make good use of any of these. Druids cannot use wands or ranged weapons, and while they can use melee weapons, they do not benefit from them in the same way as other melee classes. Rogues and Warriors use weapons to auto attack for their ability damage, but this is not the case for Feral Druids. Cat Form and Bear Form have normalized auto attacks based off their attack power, not their weapon damage. Ability damage is calculated using these normalized auto attacks, meaning weapon damage is meaningless for Feral Druids. You are hitting enemies with your paw and claws, not your weapon. Weapons are only as good as the stats they have on them.
Wands for WoW Classic Druids
Druids cannot use wands.
Swords for WoW Classic Druids
Druids cannot use Swords.
Staves for WoW Classic Druids
Druids can use Staves, but weapons are all about stats. This means your most likely upgrades will just be random weapon drops that happen to have good stats, such as Agility and Strength for Feral or + Nature Damage for Balance.
Daggers for WoW Classic Druids
Druids can use Daggers, but weapons are all about stats. This means your most likely upgrades will just be random weapon drops that happen to have good stats, such as Agility and Strength for Feral or + Nature Damage for Balance.
Axes for WoW Classic Druids
Druids cannot use axes.
Maces for WoW Classic Druids
Druids can use Maces, but weapons are all about stats. This means your most likely upgrades will just be random weapon drops that happen to have good stats, such as Agility and Strength for Feral or + Nature Damage for Balance.
Polearms for WoW Classic Druids
Druids cannot use polearms.
Crossbows for WoW Classic Druids
Druids cannot use crossbows.
Bows for WoW Classic Druids
Druids cannot use bows.
Guns for WoW Classic Druids
Druids cannot use guns.
Thrown Weapons for WoW Classic Druids
Druids cannot use thrown weapons.
Shields for WoW Classic Druids
Druids cannot use shields.
Fist Weapons for WoW Classic Druids
Druids can use Fist Weapons, but weapons are all about stats. This means your most likely upgrades will just be random weapon drops that happen to have good stats, such as Agility and Strength for Feral or + Nature Damage for Balance.
Leveling Weapons for Druids in WoW Classic
As stated above, look for weapons that have good stats, such as Agility and Strength for Feral or + Nature/Arcane Damage for Balance. Check the auction house for BoE weapons if you can spare the gold, but do not spend too much. Remember that weapons are no different than any other gear upgrade, thus are not worth spending tons of gold on.
For more leveling information, please refer to our leveling guide for Druids.
End-Game Weapons for Druids in WoW Classic
Druids will use a few different end game weapons depending on spec. Balance Druids will focus on + Arcane Damage, Restoration Druids will focus on + Healing, and Feral Druids have a special weapon that they go for.
If you look at the BiS lists for Druids, you will see that most of the lists include the rank 14 PvP weapons such as the High Warlord's Spellblade. These are extremely powerful weapons, can easily be BiS in both PvP and PvE content. However, they are without question the hardest items in the game to obtain, requiring months of dedicated play to be able to acquire them. Very few people will every be able to earn these weapons, so do not focus too much on them as they are out of reach for the vast majority of players. Below are some of the best alternatives.
- Claw of Chromaggus and Tome of Arcane Domination are going to be your best available weapons as a Balance Druid. The Claw requires you to kill Chromaggus in Blackwing Lair, while the Tome requires you to get exalted with the Alterac Valley reputation. These are both challenging to obtain, but are extremely powerful and will serve you well for months to come.
- Feral DPS Druids use a unique weapon, Manual Crowd Pummeler. This is a low level rare weapon that drops from Crowd Pummeler 9-60 in Gnomeregan. The weapon itself is not amazing, but it has a unique on-use effect that makes you attack 50% faster for 30 seconds. This is an amazing effect, and is BiS for Feral Druids for a very long time. Unfortunately, it only has 3 charges per weapon. This means to use it as Feral, you are going to want to farm multiple copies of this weapon.
- Feral Tank Druids use Warden Staff, which will actually be your BiS weapon for all of WoW Classic when it comes to taking as little damage as possible. Saving up the gold to buy this early should be one of your first priorities as a Feral Tank!
- Resto Druids will want to go for Lok'amir il Romathis from Nefarian in Blackwing Lair, along with the Lei of the Lifegiver from being exalted with the Alterac Valley faction. The main hand will take you some time to obtain since Nefarian is a difficult boss, but the off-hand is just from a reputation grind, and will be used for multiple phases!
You can check the complete list for each type of Druid weapon at itemization.info, a website that can filter weapons and armor pieces by phase, class, slot, and basically any parameter that you would need.
For more end-game gearing information, please refer to our gearing guides for Druids.
- 24 Feb. 2020: Updated for Phase 3.
- 10 Dec. 2019: Corrected drop location of Witchblade.
- 04 Oct. 2019: Page added.
- A Different Kind of Letter from Activision Blizzard Executive Fran Townsend
- Same-Faction Battleground Explanations and More Testing in BCC
- One of the More Amazing Bot-Cleansing Videos
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: July 6th
- Same Faction Battlegrounds in Regular Queue Being Tested
- The End of Classic: Gorak's Guide Machinima
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: June 28th
- GM Mistakenly Takes BiS Item From Player for Ninjalooting, Drama and Eventual Happy Ending Ensue
- Hunter Macros for TBC Cassic?
- Shaman Tank Guide - Shaman Tanking in WoW
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- When will we see a pre-patch tbc page?
- Icecold (A) - Ashbringer EU
- Inner Circle Recruiting For TBC
- New onyxia kill time